Poll: Do you mind the addition of Tradable Loot to the Classic game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulkesyk View Post
    Tradeable loot means if i a join a premade group of 4 i'm fucked
    Not really, I'd just kick you before the boss died. That's what some people did in Vanilla.

I'm fine with this change simply because it wasn't completely uncommon in Vanilla for people to simply not be eligible for loot. Forgetting to tag the fucking boss or disconnecting only to log back online to a mob that's now grey to you. It would always be fixed, but it sometimes took up to a week to be fixed. Pretty sure the last thing they want to do is put too many resources into answering tickets. It was also pretty annoying when somebody actually legit hit need instead of pass/greed in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Not really, I'd just kick you before the boss died. That's what some people did in Vanilla.

I'm fine with this change simply because it wasn't completely uncommon in Vanilla for people to simply not be eligible for loot. Forgetting to tag the fucking boss or disconnecting only to log back online to a mob that's now grey to you. It would always be fixed, but it sometimes took up to a week to be fixed. Pretty sure the last thing they want to do is put too many resources into answering tickets. It was also pretty annoying when somebody actually legit hit need instead of pass/greed in dungeons.
    ye but those people got known on the server for being shit bags

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    good addition, misstakes happened all the time and then you had to contact a gm, this just cancels out the middleman

the only people i can imagine bein against this change are the same idiots that spam this forum every day about bullshit purism

edit:

nvm they are already here!

it already worked like this back them, but you had to write a ticket, wait for gm, waste customers support time for real problems, etc etc
    I just don't like this whole "Need it" whispering after EVERY single item you get in todays game. No, I might not need it, but I want it anyway, for DE, xmog or w/e... And I don't want that back in Classic. What you got was yours, like it should be.

And Ninjalooting was part of the game, they should not add protection against it.

Yes more work for GM, but keeping Vanilla pure should be prio imo.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Very straightforward, we had a poll concerning sharding and how comfortable people were with it, let's now have a poll on how many are comfortable with tradable loot.

The discussion about the topic is taking place here, so this shouldn't be a particularly long thread, but it would be interesting to see how the community is split on this.

Ugh, I'm a tard and posted the question as a "Do you mind..." My bad, I won't make another poll for at least 3 months as punishment for my sins.

On that note if a mod could edit the poll question to just "Tradable loot, yes or no" I'd appreciate it so the answers aren't too muddled.
    You do realize tradeable loot is what we've had in the past. The difference was you had to petition a GM, wait X days and then done. This eliminates all that and gives you time.

The only person it absolutely hurts is the loot ninja who goes "Oops, I clicked by accident. I'll put in a petition. Sorry guys GM said no, usually because they didn't put one in."

Now you can essentially blacklist those people easier. If they don't trade you the loot you know they purposefully ninja'ed and wouldn't have contacted a GM. If they trade it to you then you know their intentions was accidental. Overall it cuts out the need of getting a 3rd party involved for something that can be handled rather easily. It'll also make it so you have zero downtime with that item. You can trade it and move on to the next boss and gain the benefit then, rather than waiting 3+ days.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes more work for GM, but keeping Vanilla pure should be prio imo.

It is kept pure. Instead of a 1-3 day ticket wait you can do it then. Same concept still applies and you had people whispering you in Classic too if you needed or if you can get a GM to trade you. Had it happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Also, it incentives Rolling on your friends loot to give them an extra roll.
    Um...people did this in Classic too. Especially on items they knew you desperately need. They'd roll need just to open a ticket and pass it off to you. Especially if there were several in the group who could use it. I knew a group of people who did this and they'd always run in groups of 3-4 in the "dungeon raids (scholo, strat, etc).
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2018-11-08 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

You do realize tradeable loot is what we've had in the past. The difference was you had to petition a GM, wait X days and then done. This eliminates all that and gives you time.

The only person it absolutely hurts is the loot ninja who goes "Oops, I clicked by accident. I'll put in a petition. Sorry guys GM said no, usually because they didn't put one in."

Now you can essentially blacklist those people easier. If they don't trade you the loot you know they purposefully ninja'ed and wouldn't have contacted a GM. If they trade it to you then you know their intentions was accidental. Overall it cuts out the need of getting a 3rd party involved for something that can be handled rather easily. It'll also make it so you have zero downtime with that item. You can trade it and move on to the next boss and gain the benefit then, rather than waiting 3+ days.

It is kept pure. Instead of a 1-3 day ticket wait you can do it then. Same concept still applies and you had people whispering you in Classic too if you needed or if you can get a GM to trade you. Had it happen all the time.

Um...people did this in Classic too. Especially on items they knew you desperately need. They'd roll need just to open a ticket and pass it off to you. Especially if there were several in the group who could use it. I knew a group of people who did this and they'd always run in groups of 3-4 in the "dungeon raids (scholo, strat, etc).
    Uhm, sure maybe a miniscule fraction did this in vanilla but this Will make it mandatory to run with a friend. And the reason it Will be worse in terms of needing to back to the person that actually need is because There are No crz so everyone in your group Are eligible to give you gold, which they usually havent been for loads of xpansions. Lastly, gold is a much bigger deal in vanilla so it Will become a much bigger problem. Id rather have them remove the option to Even contact a gm about loot instead of having loot trading. How fucking many missclick the need/greed button?
    We humans have to stick together

But if it was a "feature" of vanilla surely GMs never said no?

(Rhetorical, I know they said no; at least a lot in TBC; maybe it was just that by then they were tired of it)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    But if it was a "feature" of vanilla surely GMs never said no?

(Rhetorical, I know they said no; at least a lot in TBC; maybe it was just that by then they were tired of it)
    Heh. Yeah like you said they said no on some times, but it was basically a cover up for people who intentionally ninja looted and had no intention of ever giving petition. Just for people to hold out hope.

Not a lot did it, but it was enough on each server to cause issues and form a blacklist. I remember many times finding groups to run something, got invited and then saw someone in and was like nope I'm out. Which sucked for them because I was usually either a healer or tank, but I'd rather avoid the situation. There were some cases the leader would whisper and ask why. You explain past experiences and most of the time they just booted that person and invited you back in because they didn't want to deal with it either.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could just incorporate a bunch of rigmarole into the process to prevent it from being repeatedly abused and to discourage players from doing it.

Some possibilities:

• Require the player who looted the item to spend a hefty sum of gold in order to complete the trade, say 5x vendor cost for Uncommon, 50x vendor cost for Rare, 150x vendor cost for Epic.
    • Put a cooldown on how often you can trade soulbound items to group members, say once a month. ("If you trade the item, you won't be able to trade another Soulbound item for 30 days. Are you sure? Yes/No")
    • Put a cooldown on how long after making the trade the item can actually be equipped, say a week. ("This item can't be equipped for another 7 days.")

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bythedar View Post
    Didn't read the question well enough. Written like an amendment to a state constitution!

I answered yes, but really meant no, I don't mind. Yes, I am OK with it.
    There was also difficulty with such formulation (perhaps because of some difficulties with english language), but since construction itself is negative, and I just object to such anarchy, I chose "yes, I'm negative about Tradable Loot" (I already said everything I think about there), but I continue to be unsure of my choice correctness.

ps. Do we really need several duplicates of each thread?
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-11-08 at 06:19 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Heh. Yeah like you said they said no on some times, but it was basically a cover up for people who intentionally ninja looted and had no intention of ever giving petition. Just for people to hold out hope.

Not a lot did it, but it was enough on each server to cause issues and form a blacklist. I remember many times finding groups to run something, got invited and then saw someone in and was like nope I'm out. Which sucked for them because I was usually either a healer or tank, but I'd rather avoid the situation. There were some cases the leader would whisper and ask why. You explain past experiences and most of the time they just booted that person and invited you back in because they didn't want to deal with it either.
    I mean I agree with all of this. Not seeing it as much of an argument for tradable loot In fact, I've probably lived that paragraph more than a few times back in TBC when doing heroics. I was a holy paladin and had a good(ish) rep on my server for not being completely incompetent

The only time I had to petition a GM to ask if he could reassign loot was our first Lootreaver kill in TK. I gave our guilds first t5 . . gonna say shoulders . . to one mage who being an older player and despite earning it many times over for his ingame performance nad his management of our guilds website, decided after I had assigned it that we should give it to one of the other players (who wanted it more).

GM said no. So based on that; I don't see how people can argue that it was a "feature" of WoW back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    ps. Do we really need several duplicates of each thread?
    I'll be honest, if they could have just put a poll on the other thread that would have been prefered but there wasn't so I made this one. Which is a shame in a way because I messed it up so badly
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2018-11-08 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Sure, trading soulbounds is a true free server experience.

Tradeable loot encourages people to need-roll items and trade it to their friends in the group, so no.

I am absolutely against this. Simply because that's not how it worked back then. I said it a million times, if Classic is gonna be good, it needs to be pure, even with adding the bad things.
    Okay, so let's make the servers really laggy and crash all the time. Also, c'thun should be overtuned and unkillable for 1 month. Also, no resolutions higher than 1024x768. Also, no framerates higher than 30.

"Needs to be pure", after all!

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Yeah like you said they said no on some times
    Sometimes? I literally never met a single person who had a loot petition granted during Vanilla and I've talked to several other Vanilla players recently who all said the same. Our guild submitted several tickets due to Master Looter mistakes and ALL of them were denied.

I have to seriously question the credibility of anyone who claims GMs reassigned dungeon blues during Vanilla. And anyone who said they did it "often" is absolutely full of crap.

Not a lot did it
    Exactly, that's our point. Submitting a GM ticket takes time, then you have to wait several days for a response. As I just said, the response is often "Sorry, tough luck!", and if you submit multiple tickets or clearly abuse the system you get banned.

Anyone who thinks that system is remotely similar to instant, unfettered loot trading is 100% wrong. The amount of abuse will be exponentially higher with loot trading enabled. Hell, you can't even have more than 1 GM ticket open at a time so you could only pull off that scam once per week. On the other hand, you could run dungeons and stack rolls all day every day. Assuming you can finish 3 runs per day, that's 21 per week. Is 21 significantly higher than 1?

it was enough on each server to cause issues and form a blacklist.
    Good luck maintaining a blacklist with your entire server on it, because that's what will happen if they add loot trading.

Everyone who wants to be competitive in PvP or PvE will feel obligated to stack rolls with their friends and it will absolutely destroy the dungeon PuG community, which was one of the pillars of Vanilla WoW.
    Last edited by konway; 2018-11-08 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Okay, so let's make the servers really laggy and crash all the time. Also, c'thun should be overtuned and unkillable for 1 month. Also, no resolutions higher than 1024x768. Also, no framerates higher than 30.

"Needs to be pure", after all!
    Laggy servers are not ingame feature, I just care that what's ingame is pure.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Laggy servers are not ingame feature, I just care that what's ingame is pure.
    But it needs to be PURE! And a PURE VANILLA EXPERIENCE includes laggy servers that crash every few days. Gotta include even the bad things, like you said.

You don't want lag and crashes? You don't want bugged bosses that are literally unkillable? LOL you just want legion capped at level 60!!!

....see how dumb that sounds
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-11-08 at 10:35 PM.

Tradable loot existed in vanilla. It was just "Oops time to make a GM ticket!". It is the same exact thing.

Someone "ninjas" the loot they aren't going to all of a sudden be nice when they see a 2 hour trade window. The ninja looter will get blacklisted by the community for it still. Don't take george to the dungeon, he's an ass still applies.

someone actually accidently clicks need then all of a sudden they don't have to bother a gm with a ticket. Anyone complaining about this is someone that was never going to play classic anyway because they are just looking for things to bitch about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But it needs to be PURE! And a PURE VANILLA EXPERIENCE includes laggy servers that crash every few days. Gotta include even the bad things, like you said.

You don't want lag and crashes? You don't want bugged bosses that are literally unkillable? LOL you just want legion capped at level 60!!!

....see how dumb that sounds
    I never claimed things outside the game need to be pure. I would not mind non laggy servers, that we never wanted back then either.

I am not sure how patches will work in Classic, there is prolly info.

IF the servers are going on a 2 year loop or something, like Vanilla, I want the actual fixes etc. For instance, I never did Cthun back then but I heard he was unkillable. Lets say he was fixed 1 month after release. When they add him to Classic, he should honestly not be fixed for 1 month either, to have patches + fixes etc MATCH how it was in vanilla.

Why? Becuase if they fix Cthun instantly, people will kill him too fast and too easily (in comparison to how it was in Vanilla, he will still be hard) and have more weeks of grinding full AQ40, and by doing so, being better geared and more prepared for Naxx than vanilla, which might honestly then not give justice to how Naxx was at release back then.

So yes, I am a purist that way, but server lag, I dont mind that being fixed, as its not ingame or patch related really.

Deleted
    Cannot wait for loot hostage scenarios with groups of people going around needing on shit and making people pay ransom on it, or needing on gear and trading to their friend(s) OMEGALUL!

How is 4 people rolling need and trading any different than one guy ninja looting things?

Can you not then out these people and get them blacklisted just as you would a singular ninja, because that is what they are, loot ninjas. IMHO.

If they do it enough, they will get a very sour reputation on the server.