Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    How about making leveling far harder and more engaging instead of making it last for less time?

Buff the damage of most enemies by 200%,and we're talking
    I'll take, shit that becomes a boring grind quickly for 600, Alex.

I'd rather see them make clever use of the new AI, and making the world less predictable.
    Short of them designing every mob individually with randomized abilities and damage, I don't see how 200% more damage achieves anything. You just pull 1 mob instead of 2 or 3 or make use of kiting/slows, not exactly brain surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It sounds too good to be true. Where is the trick?
    Leveling from 110-120, XP required increased by 500% with a gold tax for every minute spent over the 1-hour range of /played at each level!!!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-08 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    Leveling desperately needs an Artifact-like progression tree filled with passives. A talent every tier every 15 levels doesn't cut it especially when you have access to virtually all of your abilities by the time you're level 80. Getting a small something every level would mean A LOT to the feeling of character progression and Legion-style passive abilities would make specs feel less bland without bloating the action bars.
    There's a huge HUGE gap between what we have now and "bloating the action bars", I'd argue they've never been bloated and right now it's just a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to give a little bit more context to the leveling changes:

Total XP required to level from 20-110 was reduced from 30,140,270 to 21,700,240, which is a 28% overall decrease.

The biggest reductions were in the level 50 to 80 range (ranging from 25-40%), with a solid 25% decrease across the board from 80 to 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Or you can just go into hibernation till Classic drops where you and the other "purists" can jerk each other off about how much fun you're having as you kill your 400th kobold looking for a candle.
    I'm so glad that there's others that think like me lol these damn classic lovers shit on retail for everything no matter how small but all the issues classic had, completely ignored lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    I'm so glad that there's others that think like me lol these damn classic lovers shit on retail for everything no matter how small but all the issues classic had, completely ignored lol
    Came here to say I'm glad XP requirements have been lowered, I might finally level a lowbie alt now.

But, I also agree about classic. It's going to be a boring grindfest, and it will look and play like a game fresh out of 2005. Sounds fun, lmao. I guarantee you most of these classic fanboys didn't even play back then and have no idea what they're talking about.

40% reduction on the boring levels! Finally I might not stop leveling all my characters when reaching level 60.

Lol @ all of the people that think classic is gonna be boring, sorry kids but you were rewarded for lvling in classic cause every lvl was ether talent points and or new abilities. Unlike now when you can go 20 lvls with nothing or how about that lvl 100-120 when there was no new abilities XDD

Kids these days

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they don't realize they are on the path to just eliminating levels all-together, giving people a max level each expansion release, and just skipping creating leveling content.

What's the purpose of speeding up leveling other than to rush players through already mismatched, now (in 2018) very low quality content.

Put the level cap back at 60, then never raise it again. Bring back Path of the Titans for all the fun Artifact Weapon / Azerite / talent type traits. As expansions release you continue getting points for the Path of the Titans, maybe new paths unlock each expansion, who knows there's creative freedom there. Point is, character progression is so borked throughout the entire game, just speeding people up to max level is not a solution.

The game is in tatters now, it's disjointed and we only allow it because we love World of Warcraft. I sure do, that's why I want this leveling nonsense to get a proper solution. But if I'm honest, I am enjoying much better games these days since I stopped raiding with patch 6.0. Since then I just log in to see the new content then wait for a catch-up patch later on.

Their own problem solving cycle has become predictable enough to deflate the very essence of what makes a good RPG.
    Last edited by Akraen; 2018-11-08 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Lol @ all of the people that think classic is gonna be boring, sorry kids but you were rewarded for lvling in classic cause every lvl was ether talent points and or new abilities. Unlike now when you can go 20 lvls with nothing or how about that lvl 100-120 when there was no new abilities XDD

Kids these days
    Aah yes, the talent that gave me 1% crit, and the spell that was just a damage upgrade. Such engaging gameplay. I love classic as well, but at least be objective instead of spouting such nonsense.

Kids these days
    Yes just throw in new abilities into the game which make it even more difficult to balance than it already is and let’s make old spells obsolete so they can collect dust in your spell book.

Kids these days...

I already leveled all but Dark Iron Dwarves from the current pool of allied races. Unlocking the alliance races will have to wait until flying in 8.2 anyway, but I guess this'll make it easier to level them for heritage armor when I finally get around to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    It seems like they're just trying to rush us from 60-80 as quick as they can since they know that leveling chunk sucks. The amount of XP it takes to get to 80 on the PTR is what it would have taken to get to 68 on live, so you're spending less than half the time in that range.

My question is about what happens to our current characters. If I have a character sitting half way to 83 (thus having 456,000ish XP), will I log in and they'll be 95? Or will I log in and the amount of XP they have be reduced to match their level?
    always: you will have a matching % to next level as before without gaining any levels due to changes... that never happened.

Making harder to level has no logic correlation with raising leveling global time.

You can make players kill 5 harder kobolds with a 100% drop chance instead of instagibbing 30 with a low drop rate chance. 7.3.5 complains were not about scaling itself (I love it) but about scaling having raised global leveling time.

Thank God for lower XP requirements. Talk about 'fixing' what wasn't broken in the first place with leveling

Kids these days
    Killing 400 cobolds for one candle is BAD anyway, regardless having a new talent when you level up.

Enjoy your classic questing, let us enjoy the actual questing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Yes just throw in new abilities into the game which make it even more difficult to balance than it already is and let’s make old spells obsolete so they can collect dust in your spell book.

Kids these days...

Yea and the game is so balanced now and days...oh you were trying to be serious lol ok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Killing 400 cobolds for one candle is BAD anyway, regardless having a new talent when you level up.

Enjoy your classic questing, let us enjoy the actual questing.
    I'm gonna enjoy classic while people like you are playing thee worst expansion in WoWs history, luckily I only have to kill like 30 Kobolds during that one quest and not 400 cause someone can't count.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah yes, the talent that gave me 1% crit, and the spell that was just a damage upgrade. Such engaging gameplay. I love classic as well, but at least be objective instead of spouting such nonsense.
    Show me one talent that only gives 1% stat boost

https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/

Go ahead, no seriously prove me wrong or else you're a victim of your own belief of spouting "nonesense" cause I can tell you, ether you have the memory of a potato or you're just spewing BS.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    It seems like they're just trying to rush us from 60-80 as quick as they can since they know that leveling chunk sucks. The amount of XP it takes to get to 80 on the PTR is what it would have taken to get to 68 on live, so you're spending less than half the time in that range.

My question is about what happens to our current characters. If I have a character sitting half way to 83 (thus having 456,000ish XP), will I log in and they'll be 95? Or will I log in and the amount of XP they have be reduced to match their level?
    the xp leveling values come directly from the server as a string. Once they apply their update and you log-in you'll have the new values, so if you have 456k and needed the cap is going to move towards 346k which means you'll level up instantly to 84 and gain 110k within level 84.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    Came here to say I'm glad XP requirements have been lowered, I might finally level a lowbie alt now.

But, I also agree about classic. It's going to be a boring grindfest, and it will look and play like a game fresh out of 2005. Sounds fun, lmao. I guarantee you most of these classic fanboys didn't even play back then and have no idea what they're talking about.
    I've said it countless times, but I'll go at it again. I played all of vanilla, and leveled a few characters. My first character was more of a drag as back then the patch which added more quests wasn't implemented so it meant I did level by grinding here and there when quests weren't available, especially the late levels 55-60.

I had the chance to also try vanilla on a private server in 2011. It was pure magic. Nostalgia - yes, but not only that, the game sort of had a purpose. Getting to 60 again was a drag and not as easy as e.g its was in legion, but it was definitely fun. Fun because I managed to level with 1 of my friends and we took our time. Running dungeons, pvping in STV etc, great.

So I think your argument is kinda of invalid. I personally hate leveling, and I understand that you feel like its going to be a drag getting from 1-60 but in reality if you take the time to play and enjoy, also start at the release of classic, you are going to forget all about it as you are going to meet people during leveling as you did back in vanilla and you are going to form friendships that you cant do in teh current game.

Also once you go e.g to searing gorge or other places that you enjoyed back then, I am pretty sure that nostalgia is going to overcome the grind. It did for me, and again I hate leveling.

You’re killing 30 first.

Plus other 370 when you finish the zones quests too early.

I was there and remember fairly well.

Wait, didn't they increase the XP required about a year ago by pretty much the same amount? So they are just rolling it back now? Am I missing something?

I suck at math but doesn't adding a 5th ring make it drastically harder to get a bis piece of azerite gear?

Did blizzard think this through all the way after "hearing our complaints"?