Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They need to go back to what made Final Fantasy great, the game that saved the company from going under decades ago. Give us back jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    copying the old Blizzard tactics, don't make FF16, just keep milking the same old shit for years.

they should have copied Blizzard & announced Final Fantasy Fone!

because everyone wants the games they once loved turned into a really shitty pay to win version on mobile right?! right?
    Square already has mobile games. I also could just imagine the outrage of WoW players if the WoW mobile app came with a sub for basic features and in game bonuses like FF14s.

I would at least like it so that magic wasn't fucking stupid and treated like bombs.

Having just played KH2.8, the magic in that game is soooooooooo goddamn fun and satisfying to use by comparison, and that's how its going to play in KH3.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    And to trigger you all, i had way more fun with ff15 than botw.
    Stop liking things we don't like.jpg.png!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Go back to turn based now please and stop trying to reinvent the wheel every new game, you're bad at it, kk thanks bai
    I'm kinda hoping thats the reason they went back to scratch on the FF7 remake, and not just to make it a console launch title next gen.

Apparently the game director hated the combat system.
    Here is something to believe in!

I guess we know what the 33 million dollar loss was. Sucks for the people who like it but as a longtime series fan who platinum'ed this game i can't say im upset or surprised. The whole project felt like a desperate attempt to make another FF7 style sub brand to shill as multiple cross media products which was the entire plan behind 'Project Fabula Nova Crystalis' to begin with. But as we all know 13 was a critical bomb that nearly destroyed the brand and FFXIV's A Realm Reborn was touted by SE as 'saving the IP' and ye they took a spin of 13 that if we are all honest was probably shitcanned years before and over 3 years reworked into a half baked open world meme game with a skeleton of a story and combat so brainless summons exist only as a 'this fights taking too long' pity mechanic.

Looking back at what we got it felt like a paid early access beta and wanting players to pay multiple season passes for the feature complex story was gross and greedy. I dont doubt there was people working on it who cared and the game did have some redeeming features but there is no other game in recent memory that felt so on the nose as "this was just shit out to be a money farm" outside of western crap like call of duty and assassins creed. The latter getting a tie in was somewhat ironic really.

I would say i hope square learns something for FF16 as aside from an mmo mainline final fantasy games have been a declining trashfire for two console generations now. They got too obsessed with graphics and trying to make another "exploitable world like 7" -thats the CEO's own words- but knowing SE i fully expect the 7 remake to get cancelled and FF16 to be something much closer to nier automata because it could probably be a lot cheaper to make.

If there is any brightside to this hopefully it taught them that they cannot hope to turn a single player jrpg into a dlc moneyfarm years after release. Just because people left that shit fly with stuff like Mass Effect or Skyrim in the west doesn't mean the audience for jrpgs has the same patience for it and 'wider market appeal' never ever proves a profitable experience outside of extreme standouts like kingdom hearts.

I'll still have some fond memories of pushing a broken down car down a highway or the reveal of what happened to the bad guys but this was simply an unfinished, frankly insulting release that was a money hole. I understand why the people who, god knows why, were super in love with the game but i wont cry over the project shutting down. Hopefully the devs all find better things to work on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The most likely case for the DLC Cancellation was likely lack of sales.

Not sure why Tabata is leaving.
    Probably typical Japanese corporate "the leader of the project bares the shame of the team" stuff for 'damaging the brand' with "leaving" in heavy air quotes.

Maybe now they can ditch the god damn awful action combat and go back to turn based. Either that or just make Octopath Traveller their new flagship game. Can't believe some of the responses from people towards Tabata either. The guy came in, rescued a pile of shit and actually got it released along with continuing to support it two years after release.
    Last edited by Farath; 2018-11-08 at 09:29 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    That isn't a good sign.

FFXV wasn't a terrible game - it had a lot of potential, though it was stuck in development hell and rewritten too many times until only the bare bones remained. DLC fixed a lot of issues but then they got sidetracked by randomly adding a tacked on multi-player game mode. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the blame can be put on out of touch executives. I believe FFXV also drained some of FFXIV's resources.

Hopefully this doesn't have a negative impact on FFXIV.

I want them to go back to their roots and focus on making story driven RPG's. To a degree, they're still doing it - they just need to stop blowing so much cash on experimental projects. At least KH3 is out in the New Year and there's an expansion announcement and other big announcements being revealed for FFXIV in a couple of weeks.
    I can't imagine it will negatively effect XIV. Its the successful mainline product that brings in regular income on a monthly basis and "salvaged the brand" according to higher ups after the 'decade of lightning' tanked consumer interest and good will in it for ages. If anything i would expect them to double down on XIV since its an existing product rather than something they need to shit out to retail like FF7R that i still say is probably never coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

-also now the fujoshi boy band adventure is dead how about putting Yoko Taro on FFXVI for the true sadcore adventure we need?*

*half joking.

they were both dissapointing

15+ Year Old Account
    Good this game is a pile of shit. FF XVI please.

Best thing about FF15; the incredibly realistic looking food!

10+ Year Old Account
    Luna episode... RIP

Well I understand the disappointment for the game. But the characters, audio, and story are enough to ignore the shitty action combat that they have been pushing for the last decade(?). If you compare it to the canceraids that was FF13 series then this game was an absolute godsend and actually give you hope for the future of FF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch there be a surge in people buying PC editions of 15 or a console version if one exists with all current DLC since it's now almost a truly complete edition, then half a year from now the DLC actually will be released.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-11-08 at 10:45 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    copying the old Blizzard tactics, don't make FF16, just keep milking the same old shit for years.

they should have copied Blizzard & announced Final Fantasy Fone!

because everyone wants the games they once loved turned into a really shitty pay to win version on mobile right?! right?
    You mean Blizzard copied everyone else? Hell a copy/paste fortress builder for final fantasy is the 3rd best grossing game on the google play store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Watch there be a surge in people buying PC editions of 15 or a console version if one exists with all current DLC, then half a year from now the DLC actually will be released.
    I must admit I got the royal edition a couple of weeks ago after I'd heard the game had improved a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I must admit I got the royal edition a couple of weeks ago after I'd heard the game had improved a lot.
    I haven't bought it yet since; it's not actually complete, and I'm waiting for 1-2 more generations of GPU's. I wasn't satisfied with the performance I got in the demo, but I've wondered if performance in the retail build with patches have greatly improved.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    That's a fair opinion though. Two completely different games. One may like the sandboxy, less story-driven and less linear BotW. Both had major flaws in the end. But BotW got a lot of good rep for being very out-of-formula and trying something vastly different with some wonky ass mechanics to play with.

Same with Mario Odyssey. It's a very typical Mario game, but one that kind of changed the formula just enough to be well received. Nintendo seems to be doing that for a lot of their IPs lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why people keep saying the game was bad, sure it was more an action rpg than it was an actual tactical FF game, although there aren't that many anyway the game wasn't bad by all accounts.

Perhaps they did make a mistake considering how many people were interested in 12 and so trying to modernize the franchise they might have gone too far in attracting new players to the franchise will disregarding the old more core players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    They need to be smart, I know everyone wants to create the next big thing and be creative and do something new! but sometimes.... the best thing to create, is something that's already been created.
    Yeah I feel you on this one, sometimes people just want more of the same. One or two fresh characters and locations and good to go.

I don’t know why everything needs to be different every game in a franchise.

I’m just hoping they don’t fuck up FF7 remake, that’d for sure be the death of them.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i was looking forward to Episode Arabea, the only character that i cared about (and well, the only redeeming feature of the game as a whole).

Hopefully FF16 is much better.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯