Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Subscriber Numbers Forecasted

The Diablo Immortal PR disaster inspired me to make this. Obviously it's not dead set accurate, this is only however, projection and estimation. Enjoy.

So if I were to put a line on the chart.. it makes it fact.. interesting.. I will have to remember that at the next board meeting.

So did you just extend the line that was already there and call it a forecast? What is your data? Why don't you see a huge spike versus a trickle?

One side game causes a stink and the whole world is crashing around Blizzard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So if I were to put a line on the chart.. it makes it fact.. interesting.. I will have to remember that at the next board meeting.
    The unspoken part is presenting that data with absolute confidence. Show them your war face!

I mean... It inspired you to make it, sure. But what do you base your numbers on?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats, you guessed lines on a graph.

Pure speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    The Diablo Immortal PR disaster inspired me to make this. Obviously it's not dead set accurate, this is only however, projection and estimation. Enjoy.

You forgot to put the line even lower for both cases since WoW was at 1.7M subs before Diablo Immortal was announced

Based on...? Because if you simply drew some lines in MS paint, that's neither projection nor estimation, that's pure guesswork, and about as usefull as tits on a fish.

The Diablo Immortal PR disaster inspired me to make this.
    Yeah ...no. You claim that Legion had an equal to or higher number of players then when WoD began? I am not saying that Legion was not good. It was far superior to WoD. But to claim that Legion sold higher numbers then WoD is ludicrous. The only thing Legion did was retain players better then WoD. According to your estimate BFA sold 7.5 million copies?? Dude... From WoD onwards there haven't been 7.5 million players. It only became lower and lower. Since Cataclysm there is only a downward trend, broken only when a new expansion comes. Then there always is a spike in subs.

If people in China are transitioning from WoW to D3-mobile, then those numbers could very well be true. China is a huge % of WoW players.

China doesn't have a subscription yet do they? Still play/pay by the hour? If they play something else, then they won't be playing WoW.

Your numbers might be a little too generous though, since the last "estimation" was 1.5M current subs.

Deleted
    What ARMA process did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    If people in China are transitioning from WoW to D3-mobile, then those numbers could very well be true. China is a huge % of WoW players.

China doesn't have a subscription yet do they? Still play/pay by the hour? If they play something else, then they won't be playing WoW.

Your numbers might be a little too generous though, since the last "estimation" was 1.5M current subs.
    The 1.5M "estimation" was bullshit and you know it. Stop spreading misinformation

I'm sure how Jobs and Gates did it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The 1.5M "estimation" was bullshit and you know it. Stop spreading misinformation
    How is it bullshit? People spent time researching this, in light of Blizzard's refusal to report it's player base in it's decline.

Anyways, Blizzard is shifting it's top resources to mobile for a reason. If China goes mobile with Blizzard that means less world wide WoW players. The OP's estimation is as good as anyones, although perhaps for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    The unspoken part is presenting that data with absolute confidence. Show them your war face!
    I have found that if you state a number with enough confidence, 87% of people will automatically believe you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    I mean... It inspired you to make it, sure. But what do you base your numbers on?
    ^^^^

I wanted to guess they were basing it off that pointless "story" a bit back that wow subs had tanked to like one and a half mil or something, but their numbers are higher than that, so what in the world is this thread even on about.

I don't think Diablo Immortal has much of an impact on WoW subs. All of this is pure speculation.

What I probably can see is that line will go up to possibly beginning of MoP numbers again when Classic releases. It won't stay that high, but it will probably taper off throughout the year.

How is it bullshit? People spent time researching this, in light of Blizzard's refusal to report it's player base in it's decline.

Anyways, Blizzard is shifting it's top resources to mobile for a reason. If China goes mobile with Blizzard that means less world wide WoW players. The OP's estimation is as good as anyones, although perhaps for different reasons.
    An addon tweeted about it while trying to brag about their user numbers, and even said further down the tweet that you shouldn't take it as fact because not everything is known.

It was from a shady unsourced site who disappear ten minutes after being online. But believe whatever fit your agenda.