Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Next step, remove the increasing level requirement for zone in the various expansion. There is absolutely no reason to do WOD Nagrand since the zone is locked until 98, while Legion also unlock at 98.This is the worst offender but every zone should be at the minimal level requirement of the expansion.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I think all allied races should start at higher levels, but for Zandalari and Kul'tirans it's the worst. Blizzard doesn't understand that their world makes absolutely no sense for races other than the original ones.

There are other ways to reward heritage armor, I don't see a problem with it at all. It can't be used as an excuse to torture us into starting at level 20. "Hey thanks for helping us fight the Alliance in Dazar'Alor, now we are allies, so where should I start helping?" "Helping Garrosh with Barrens? Fighting Illidan in Outland? WHAT?"
    When it comes to making a coheasive narrative, it is about threading a fine balance between having equality between the races and than having a story that makes sense. When it comes to the allied races, the equality triumphs the story. If they started at a later level, they would be much more attractive as alts compared to the other races and you would never see normal trolls again or normal taurens compared to highmoutain and zandalary.

In the end, it is just something we have to endure if we actually want to play new races we encounter in newer expansions.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    When it comes to making a coheasive narrative, it is about threading a fine balance between having equality between the races and than having a story that makes sense. When it comes to the allied races, the equality triumphs the story. If they started at a later level, they would be much more attractive as alts compared to the other races and you would never see normal trolls again or normal taurens compared to highmoutain and zandalary.

In the end, it is just something we have to endure if we actually want to play new races we encounter in newer expansions.
    So what? You have to buy an expansion AND unlock them. It's not like you can make them right away.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post

I guess you can start at 8.1 with maghar and nightborne
    Oh yes, sure, I'm going to put my Maghar level 28 on Hold until 8.1.
    There's no way I'm going throught level 60 without a nerf

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    This is a fucking disgrace, levelling up used to feel like an accomplishment. XP requirements should be increased 10 times in my opinion.
    How many classes do you have at or near max level? After 15+ is leveling another toon horrible experience, I feel being accomplished for my first 15, thanks.

Deleted
    Wonderful news.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice. Although leveling is the most fun part in an RPG, after gold farming. I often end up deleting max level chars to level them again, to keep all on the same realm.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So what? You have to buy an expansion AND unlock them. It's not like you can make them right away.
    The problem is not directly with new players, but with old players. When you make an alt or new character on another server, you should feel like you have a free and equal desicion between the races, with none of the races having a clear bonus over the other, beside personal preference. If you stood between making a lvl 1 Darkspear troll and a lvl 100 zandalari, there is a huge incentive to make a zandalari troll compared to a darkspear one. Having them start at lvl 20 seperates them enough from the starting zones, where the original races are highly in focus, while still keeping them at low enough level for people not to feel like it is a huge advantage to pick Allied races.

Its again about balance, finding a sweet spot between having races that makes sense, but also races that are not in a favorable position.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we were not wrong when saying "wait until the revert before leveling alts" lol saw this coming a mile away but honestly such a change mid-expansion really surprises me. Blizzard isn't so retarded and incompetent after all? Well at least we still have the RNG clown fiesta, scaling mobs, and 0 customization to complain about.

PS: this game has way too many fucking levels. STOP.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2018-11-08 at 04:35 PM.

The more times they had to say "we are happy with the leveling speeds introduced in 7.3.5" the more you knew it was going to be reverted. Just a matter of how long we have to wait until it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’d rather leveling take longer and be more involved but alas it is not meant to be.
    That's what 110-120 is already.
    What happens before that is just a very long slog.

Massive nerf to the xp required to level. It's a massive 30-40% drop between level 40-80, which is huge.

Can't wait

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a fucking disgrace, levelling up used to feel like an accomplishment.
    Sure, up until Cata. WoW has gone through way too many RPG pruning and mainstreaming to have leveling be any sorts of enjoyable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Oh yes, sure, I'm going to put my Maghar level 28 on Hold until 8.1.
    There's no way I'm going throught level 60 without a nerf
    That's not even the worst part lol

This is a fucking disgrace, levelling up used to feel like an accomplishment. XP requirements should be increased 10 times in my opinion.
    That ship has long sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightrose View Post
    Agree 100%, if they insist on starting at lvl 20, at least give us a low level version of Kul Tiras / Zandalar so it feels more natural. It feels very timey wimey having to help defeat baddies that have already been killed many years ago.
    This isn't really a problem that's existed only for allied races, case in point:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...rofessor_whom/

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    That's what 110-120 is already.
    What happens before that is just a very long slog.
    I’d rather 1-110 be more involved destroying every thing with no effort is just dull. Hell I’d say 110-120 is to easy to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Next step, remove the increasing level requirement for zone in the various expansion. There is absolutely no reason to do WOD Nagrand since the zone is locked until 98, while Legion also unlock at 98.This is the worst offender but every zone should be at the minimal level requirement of the expansion.
    Actually leveling in WoD until 100 is pretty much as fast as going through legion for 98-100. Last time i checked quests there actually gave slightly better xp and you can level in spires of arak for inn xp buff.

(Though I still grab artifact and do invasions if they are up)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Sure, up until Cata.
    Heirlooms were introduced in WOTLK, 10 years ago. Leveling was extremely fast from then until 7.3.5, with gaps when they had to increase heirloom levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Great news, really welcoming change.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Great news, really welcoming change.
    Good to see you are back!