Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

People Who Have Moved On From WoW?

If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    End of Cataclysm i "moved on" from WoW to League of Legends...for a couple years.

Nowadays i vomit if i play League again...and im currently playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never successfully moved on. There's been so many interesting games but they've always been lacking certain things that it has here.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've never had any interest in moving on. I play other games when i want to play other games. It's pretty simple. I haven't played in a month or so but I always look forward to future releases.

Deleted
    Oh i forgot

At some point i "moved on" from WoW to Guild Wars 2 (with a big group of friends)

It was amazing...the difference from having friends and not having in a MMO is incredible.
    Made the whole experience...something to remember forever.

This was a long time ago.

I can play other games without having to declare that i "moved on".

I never move on from anything. Some people move on from things, so to speak, like... "hey, starting now I'm no longer your friend" or "hey, starting now I'm no longer eating pizza". Everything is fluid in my life (except my gender, it pains me to even have to clarify that). I am not playing wow now, but to say I've moved on is to say I'll never play again. That's just not true. I didn't make a choice to stop playing, I've just not made the choice to play for several months.

I have taken breaks and played other games, but never moved on from WoW completely.

I took breaks to play Rift when it came out, FF14, Wildstar, GW2. Still play GW2, but I am moved on from WoW for now. I don't know that I will be playing BFA again with Classic coming.

I wasn't super excited about BfA but I played for two weeks before I decided to call it quits. Being a casual (non-raider) I spend a lot of my time out in the world -- it was the ilvl enemy scaling that killed it for me. Hit 120 at around 280 and realized at 321 that I didn't feel any stronger at all. It also doesn't help my case that I play a tank spec.

I played Dragon Quest XI for a couple weeks until I finished that game then moved on to EQ2. The engine in EQ2 is almost unbearably bad but the character customization keeps me engaged. I enjoy having housing and a personal Merc so I can tackle many of the objectives that require a small group.

I'll likely come back to WoW at some point -- maybe when they enable flying.

Only game that would keep me away these days would proboaly be another WoW or Diablo 4.

As somebody who played since launch (Well I think when EU got MC raid? dunno), all through quitted raiding in cata (I raided in all other exp's on varriying ammounts, I did my best raiding in vanilla and cata), I cant leave wow, and neither did I want to., I try follow other games, but often it comes down to controls, longer interest or just mechanics....So all that also that I like my 27k achives, and all I got in the game.

But I must say BFA is a big let down. No way I thought it could be this gimmicky...Through I wasent a fan of MOP or WOD either.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I think we might start to see people moving away in earnest now because we can see what the end of wow looks like and it will be as a phone or tablet game and people will just prefer to leave on their own terms instead of being forced to go mobile when they dont want to. Should be an interesting 2019.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

During WoD I successfully "moved on" from WoW into ESO. Even though it was a total trainwreck at release, it was STILL better than putting up with WoW after the downright insulting S.E.L.F.I.E patch. Sadly, ESO has much less content as a whole especially its endgame at the time (of course it would, it's a much younger game). It's easy to farm up sets for your main and alts and just be flat out done. The world is huge by regular game standards but normal by MMO standards, and you can 100% it in a couple of months of semi casual play. Raiding at the time was easy and somewhat shallow as well. You can't really farm mounts or pets because they are all in the cash shop with very few exceptions, and when I played was before they added their own spin on the "transmog" system so there just wasn't much to do. The game felt 'beaten'.

So I reluctantly came back to WoW in Legion because there was just nothing else to do in ESO.

Got banned for botting for 18 months, had kids/job and lost the time to play. Pretty much play games on my phone. Last day on Earth, Transformers: Earthwars, Grimsoul Survival, Westland Survival mainly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I personally have been playing FFXIV and ESO, during legion I was having too much fun with the guild to pay attention to them but with BFA I am enjoying both of these game's outdoor content, I have not participated in high end game in these 2 games like I have in wow but both feel good enough to be a noob in them again.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played other MMOs. I play Call of Duty every year for the last few years. I've played a lot of Street Fighter during my times away from WoW.

During the course of a WoW expansion I probably spend more time not playing. I gear up for a new raid, clear Mythic with my guild over the course of a few weeks, play a bit more after that, and then move on to something else until the next raid tier. I mean I stay subbed and I login to help with guild things, but when Mythic progression is done for the tier it's really a bare minimum effort kind of thing. It's been that way since Cata (Obviously wasn't called Mythic raiding in Cata, for the pedantic.)
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I'm currently playing Tera. The game gets a lot of hate, but the combat is the most fun I've had in any MMO (with the soon defunct Wildstar coming in second). I figured I'd come back to WoW in 8.2, but it's looking more like I'm just going to sit out BfA entirely.

I thought I'd moved on from WoW after Cata, I quit for 4 years (more like 6 if you discount the month I played WoD). During that time I played Rift, GW2, and ESO. ESO's by far my favorite, I'm just not able to invest in it as much as I'd like right now.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

That's all interesting. Seems a lot come back to WoW as well lol. Shame on the person who botted :O I'm not gonna quote you all but thanks for replies and feedback

I personally only enjoy raiding in WoW. M+, PvP, pet battles, islands as of late, are okay rarely or in short bursts. But once the raid is dead to me waiting months is always dreadful.

I currently play OW and PoE as well, waiting for WC3 Reforged. Nothing seems to keep me hooked for as long or as reliably as WoW though somehow lol. Maybe it's just me not being able to "let go" of something that's been reliable for 14 years for me
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Dunno exactly what you mean by moved on. WoW changes a lot every xpack, I can say I moved on from MoP, Cata, WoD and Legion since I quit at some point but iwth new stuff I usually come back to check it out since it's not the same thing. When I move on it's just cuz I get bored of the game usually and then I have more time to play other games that I was already playing on and off while also playing WoW.

I've never really moved on so to speak since 2006, I have taken lengthy breaks or have been unmotivated to play seriously, logging in once every week like i am with BFA. Also when I do quit its due to my other love of FPS games, quit for a solid year to play CS:GO during WoD, and currently playing Overwatch regularly more than WoW.

I've pretty much moved on from WoW and onto "Blade and soul" i only login every few days for the 1500 honorbound rep.