Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    what do you do for gaming after you clear LFR/normal in 2 hours, for the rest of the week?
    If your playstyle is that narrow, then there are other things to do than WoW? Other games, other real life stuff...
    If your playstyle is NOT that narrow, then you can fill 8+ hours per day with WoW, no problem at all. Collections, achievements, professions/goldmaking, reputations, dungeons, PVP etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
    Where do we get the demo, I thought it was going to be on the launcher.
    If you bought the Virtual Ticket, it should be an option where you choose which account to login to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I hope they learn from the demo and just have a handful of servers on release. I don't want a dead server one month into the game.
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tanidor View Post
    I don't care what people say about WoW nowadays. But I LOVE it dearly. I experience the game. Yes, not as fast as raiding guilds, but I can still work, have a social life, progress in life, while enjoying the magic of WoW.

It's a beautiful game, and may it live on for a long long time!
    So nice to see some positivity for a change on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The rest of life.

Why do you need to fill your entire week with WoW?

It was amazing back when I quit WoW in WoD. I had all this time, all of a sudden.
    I know the feeling.

Wish I could play a little more (now I’m roughly at about 7-8 hours a week) but I’m glad I can still enjoy the game in its current state, if it was still like Vanilla I would have unsubbed ages ago, it WAS a work, definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I respect WoW Classic, but really I could not handle it. I tried it back in the day and the amount of hours you would need to experience the game, would almost be like a full time job. It was irritating as I would not experience what I would have liked to see, unless I quit my education, my social life and just concentrated full time on the game.

I don't care what people say about WoW nowadays. But I LOVE it dearly. I experience the game. Yes, not as fast as raiding guilds, but I can still work, have a social life, progress in life, while enjoying the magic of WoW.

It's a beautiful game, and may it live on for a long long time!

Yeah, the only person I know irl who actually wants classic is my brother in law, and he doesn’t work or have a social life. He doesn’t like current WoW at all cause people with jobs can compete with him. He wants vanilla back where spending 16+ hours on the game was heavily rewarded.

People really think classic will take up much time? it only took a long time because you had no idea 14 years ago, the leveling experience will take some time for those who have other things on/don't speed through it but casuals don't really achieve anything in the current game so you probably like the leveling experience to be an actual adventure.

they need to let all active wow player play the demo this weekend.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks asmongold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    One month, maybe two, is about as long as the nostalgia overhype will last anyways so it really doesnt matter :P
    Drinking that strong cup of delusional?

Pops will drop, hopefully they only have handful of servers that hold big capacities. The initial rush of players will drop as expected in any game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedfreak View Post
    they need to let all active wow player play the demo this weekend.
    Indeed, even tho I am currently inactive but this would be the right decision.
    -K

Well I would agree with you, but when you remember that the big pirate server (I don't remember the name) had a huge community and they played together for long time, than maybe some people do like it, as long as they do only 1 or 2 servers I guess it will have a long life

Yeah it's not like there have been people playing vanilla at private realms for an eternity now, so people have no clue what it's really like. ...Oh wait...

Classic will definitely weed out the people who wouldn't usually even play mmorpgs (thank god), but got in to WoW because the modern game is not really an mmorpg anymore.

I'll be going back to vanilla, but lets just say that I'm as excited about the demo as I'd be of a Half-Life 2 demo right now.

I respect WoW Classic, but really I could not handle it. I tried it back in the day and the amount of hours you would need to experience the game, would almost be like a full time job. It was irritating as I would not experience what I would have liked to see, unless I quit my education, my social life and just concentrated full time on the game.
    No problem, WoW Classic is not for everyone.
    Though honestly, unless you wish to reach for bleeding edge raiding, you don't need to quit anything. Most of my guild at the time was people in their 30 with full-time jobs, kids and family life, and we managed to play and raid just fine without sacrificing anything more than, at worst, "other games time".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    People really think classic will take up much time? it only took a long time because you had no idea 14 years ago, the leveling experience will take some time for those who have other things on/don't speed through it but casuals don't really achieve anything in the current game so you probably like the leveling experience to be an actual adventure.
    Exactly this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Yeah it's not like there have been people playing vanilla at private realms for an eternity now, so people have no clue what it's really like. ...Oh wait...
    I love whenever this argument comes out.
    People playing on private realms for an eternity did it for a single reason: it was free.
    No chance in the world they'll pay for a game they are already playing for free.

Classic will bomb. Hard. Maybe not in 2 months. But i'm pretty sure there won't be a TBC classic and this whole bad idea will die in a couple years at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenocide View Post
    I love whenever this argument comes out.
    People playing on private realms for an eternity did it for a single reason: it was free.
    No chance in the world they'll pay for a game they are already playing for free.

Classic will bomb. Hard. Maybe not in 2 months. But i'm pretty sure there won't be a TBC classic and this whole bad idea will die in a couple years at most.
    I started playing in private servers back in TBC, I switched to retail because private servers sucks; no boss mechanics, spells didn't worked, etc. You don't get the same quality and switching servers is annoying because you lose everything you already "achieved".