Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I also just realized (again) it doesn't even matter what this or that code or Act says--who's going to do anything to stop it? Who CAN do anything to stop it? The Senate will protect Trump even more aggressively than they did before; the courts are packed and will be even moreso when the Senate gets finished with them. He's not going anywhere--he's certainly not resigning or fleeing, and the courts will support his right to appoint whomever.
    All Mueller has to go is run out the clock to January, then the Democrats take the house and can run their own investigations and neither Trump, nor the Senate, nor the Courts can stop that.

Especially if the Democrats start investigating Kavanaugh which they have lots to go on from the circumstances of his very nomination being questionable to his perjury to his potential sexual assaults.

Not sure if they can look into it, but shouldn't be a breach of rules if the Senate completely throws out a nomination without hearing it?

I also just realized (again) it doesn't even matter what this or that code or Act says--who's going to do anything to stop it? Who CAN do anything to stop it? The Senate will protect Trump even more aggressively than they did before; the courts are packed and will be even moreso when the Senate gets finished with them. He's not going anywhere--he's certainly not resigning or fleeing, and the courts will support his right to appoint whomever.
    Via lawsuit, the judicial branch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    No, but it does limit how long he can do it (I believe 210 days is the maximum amount of time).
    Yeah, that should definitely be challenged in court to have a guy not confirmed with the full authority of someone who does, especially if the rules would allow them to start rotating them out but appointing someone to fill his old position during that time so when the 210 days are up he qualifies as acting as well, at least it I understand it now.

The potential for abuse is just too high, such as now.

If the Mueller report is as damning as we have every expectation it should be from what we know, you'll find very few people willing to take a political bullet for a President whose party controls one house of Congress, and will be in significant legal jeopardy either at the time, or after his term in office is up.

Some of these people want to be in office, or move to higher office, for years or decades to come. Nixon made the bet you're saying, and at the 11th hour, Republicans informed him he was too expensive to defend (so to speak) and the jig was up almost immediately. Elsewhere in the world, we've seen strong men in office for decades toppled by their own deputies for the exact same reason.

If the Mueller report is bad - and it looks like it will be - it won't take much for opportunistic politicians to rewrite their histories to save themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    If the Mueller report is bad - and it looks like it will be - it won't take much for opportunistic politicians to rewrite their histories to save themselves.
    It all hinges on Mueller report being or not being bad enough really.

If it isn't substantial enough by now then even bringing it to light through Democratic House schemes people discussed here isn't going to change anything - and acting AG could be, ultimately, justified in limiting Mueller's further enquiry.

And if it is then fight "to the death" will be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    and acting AG could be, ultimately, justified in limiting Mueller's further enquiry.
    It would be obstruction of justice with clear intent.

It all hinges on Mueller report being or not being bad enough really.

If it isn't substantial enough by now then even bringing it to light through Democratic House schemes people discussed here isn't going to change anything - and acting AG could be, ultimately, justified in limiting Mueller's further enquiry.

And if it is then fight "to the death" will be on.
    (1) The House and Senate are not subject to the intelligence that executive agencies collected over the past 3 years related to this issue. Mueller has that, but that intelligence is shared only among select members, and at the President's discretion. When they gain it, things change and things happen.

(2) The same applies to any evidence collected during the investigation, such as what the Mueller team seized from Manaforts residence. The House and Senate have no knowledge of that. When they gain it, things change and things happen.

(3) the Acting AG doing that would be obstruction.

(4) We know you're just covering your country, our adversary's, proverbial ass, but you have your own problems to deal with.

Don't forget, when Trump is over, America is coming for you all. God help you because nobody else will.

If the Mueller report is as damning as we have every expectation it should be from what we know, you'll find very few people willing to take a political bullet for a President whose party controls one house of Congress, and will be in significant legal jeopardy either at the time, or after his term in office is up.

Some of these people want to be in office, or move to higher office, for years or decades to come. Nixon made the bet you're saying, and at the 11th hour, Republicans informed him he was too expensive to defend (so to speak) and the jig was up almost immediately. Elsewhere in the world, we've seen strong men in office for decades toppled by their own deputies for the exact same reason.

I agree that they will prioritize saving themselves; unfortunately, however, saving themselves looks primarily to involve supporting Trump in all things, at all times, no matter the cost to their dignity, or our democracy, or the people's faith in the law or the norms and institutions meant to safeguard it....

I agree that they will prioritize saving themselves; unfortunately, however, saving themselves looks primarily to involve supporting Trump in all things, at all times, no matter the cost to their dignity, or our democracy, or the people's faith in the law or the norms and institutions meant to safeguard it....
    That will be one to bite them in the butts potentially though on this one.

If they protect Trump and allow him to try and stop Mueller, Mueller only has to delay for 2 months in court at which point the Democrats can and will take over the investigation and he can look into their attempts to silence the investigation as well.

Mueller doesn't have to prevent it, all he has to do is delay. And even if he can't delay, all that buys them is 2 months more time.

(1) The House and Senate are not subject to the intelligence that executive agencies collected over the past 3 years related to this issue. Mueller has that, but that intelligence is shared only among select members, and at the President's discretion. When they gain it, things change and things happen.
    (2) The same applies to any evidence collected during the investigation, such as what the Mueller team seized from Manaforts residence. The House and Senate have no knowledge of that. When they gain it, things change and things happen.
    Exactly. So there is really nothing we can know about how substantial it is at the moment.

(3) the Acting AG doing that would be obstruction.
    If existing evidence is inconclusive and further leads are tenuous, then you could (possibly) argue it is Mueller who is obfuscating it to keep his funding for investigation going.

(4) We know you're just covering your country, our adversary's, proverbial ass, but you have your own problems to deal with.
    Those are problems? All it lists is a few extra personal sanctions; and not even on particularly high-up people at that.

Don't forget, when Trump is over, America is coming for you all. God help you because nobody else will.
    Right, because you are totally going to ignore China, or totally going to easily win at several fronts at once while antagonising two countries that share border.

Keep dreaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the report has some meat in it. . . if its just a report about 5 or 6 guys lying under oath and owning Russian golf courses, its going to be a sad fucking flop.

I have a bad feeling that its going to be benghazi all over again. This shit is getting old. . . . I just want this nightmare to be over and go back to fighting over a couple million dollars in the budget. . . .

Exactly. So there is really nothing we can know about how substantial it is at the moment.

If existing evidence is inconclusive and further leads are tenuous, then you could (possibly) argue it is Mueller who is obfuscating it to keep his funding for investigation going.

Those are problems? All it lists is a few extra personal sanctions; and not even on particularly high-up people at that.

Right, because you are totally going to ignore China, or totally going to easily win at several fronts at once while antagonising two countries that share border.

Keep dreaming.
    China won't do shit and for the same reason they wouldn't do anything if we went after NK.....they need our money.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2018-11-08 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I hope the report has some meat in it. . . if its just a report about 5 or 6 guys lying under oath and owning Russian golf courses, its going to be a sad fucking flop.

I have a bad feeling that its going to be benghazi all over again. This shit is getting old. . . . I just want this nightmare to be over and go back to fighting over a couple million dollars in the budget. . . .
    30+ Indictments, something like 5 or 6 guilty pleas. It is already beyond Benghazi.

The odds of it being nothing is pretty slim.

Edit: Lets not forget the back channel server that was discovered in 2016 between Trump, Russia, and the Devos family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    30+ Indictments, something like 5 or 6 guilty pleas. It is already beyond Benghazi.

The odds of it being nothing is pretty slim.

Edit: Lets not forget the back channel server that was discovered in 2016 between Trump, Russia, and the Devos family.
    You might want to NULL out that chicken column in tblBaskets son. Dont get your hopes up. I know Im not.

You might want to NULL out that chicken column in tblBaskets son. Dont get your hopes up. I know Im not.
    Not getting my hopes up at this point, even if he came out with little to nothing, he has already given us multiple criminals around him. He already has plenty of wins under his belt as is and we are just building a high score with how much more he is finding.

But honestly, the odds of him finding nothing else after all that has happened and all he found so far, is pretty slim. Especially with how scared Trump has been acting.

But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    China won't do shit and for the same reason they wouldn't do anything if we went after NK.....they need our money.
    That's exactly same thing as what Russian politicians said about EU when they did Crimea.

That's exactly same thing as what Russian politicians said about EU when they did Crimea.
    And? Why would I care what your corrupted politicians say or about your corrupted take on what they or I say?

If this were a story you were telling you'd be an unreliable narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    And? Why would I care what your corrupted politicians say or about your corrupted take on what they or I say?
    Why exactly do you think Chinese care more about US money then their well-being as a country? Given that US is openly antagonistic to them.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you feeling ok? Have you missed the news over the past year? This tired old line of "nothing burgers" re the GOP's investigation is beyond silly. I mean, they are getting ready to indict Donald Trump Jr. in the next week or so, ffs.

I'm fine if you aren't paying attention, but don't post like you are when you obviously haven't been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    But honestly, the odds of him finding nothing else after all that has happened and all he found so far, is pretty slim. Especially with how scared Trump has been acting.

But we will see.
    Agreed. And Trump is obviously scared shitless about his tax returns and financial information coming out. I wonder why?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-11-08 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are you feeling ok? Have you missed the news over the past year? This tired old line of "nothing burgers" re the GOP's investigation is beyond silly. They are getting ready to indict Donald Trump Jr. in the next week or so.

I'm fine if you aren't paying attention, but don't post like you are when you obviously haven't been.
    I have been. . . but I'm still not seeing anything that brings down Trump. And they are going to get Don Jr for lying under oath. . . not colluding with the enemy.

We need a verifiable collusion charge. Its the only thing thats going to get his ass out of DC. Im totally losing faith in the system.