Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Which is a great business model, Blizzard is a business not a charity
    Psst, you can do business while staying true to your values, you just earn less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Activision Blizzard had 345 million Monthly Active Users in the quarter.
    Blizzard had 37 million MAU in the quarter.
    Seriously, what does this number even mean... The amount of people that loaded up Battle.net and logged into a game more than once in the last quarter?

I wonder if there will be a negative reaction to the news that two top level OWL players have already quit and left the game?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    As someone said on reddit. Don't read to much into "some of our best developers" All of their devs are the best. Its not like they would say "we put some of mediocre, unimportant, redundant devs on mobile" Ofcourse they would call them the best.

And is anyone shocked about mobile ? Activision Blizzard bought King Digital entertainment in 2015. For 5.9 Billion USD. Didn't see this drama back then
    Well there was some drama as people claimed this would affect Blizzard in some way but there were the naysayers that staunchly defended the fact that the news about it stated Activision had bought them and since Activision aren't involved in Blizzard's IPs, it wouldn't. It looks more and more like they were wrong.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    OMEGALUL

They're not serious, right? The difference between a tiny phone screen and your PC monitor is massive.
    They are right since their latest design across all games is getting almost equivalent to mobile.

Deleted
    OMEGALUL

They're not serious, right? The difference between a tiny phone screen and your PC monitor is massive.
    Fidelity doesn't mean the size of the screen.. and mobile doesn't mean just mean phones. If you're playing on a 13" laptop, the difference with a 12" iPad won't be significant. Not everyone plays on the highest end of desktops, especially not when it comes to the style of games that work with touchscreens, such as RTS games.

10+ Year Old Account
    millions watched blizzcon at home eh, wonder why they put the cost of the ticket up by a tenner then.

no i dont, the answer is greed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Which is a great business model, Blizzard is a business not a charity
    I just wonder then how did they turn into a successful multibillion dollar company.....ohh wait...maybe QUALITY OVER GREED works....

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    I just wonder then how did they turn into a successful multibillion dollar company.....ohh wait...maybe QUALITY OVER GREED works....
    Welcome to the modern business model of capitalism. Give people quality and innovation until you become massive, then flip the tables to make as much money with as little effort as possible.

Deleted
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

They were not at Blizzcon or wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    Stock is tanking. I bought in right before the big drop a month ago XD
    Hold onto it, if you hadnt seen the entire stock market dropped, so it wasn't just this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well there was some drama as people claimed this would affect Blizzard in some way but there were the naysayers that staunchly defended the fact that the news about it stated Activision had bought them and since Activision aren't involved in Blizzard's IPs, it wouldn't. It looks more and more like they were wrong.
    Activision basically told them to go make more money asap taking devs and resources from the pc flagships.
    A total disregard to the established fanbase just for the extra profits. They went so full EA its hilarious. Mike's timed departure looks so funny now. Like he didn't want to take part anymore knowing where they planned to go with all the blizzard games.

Paragons are a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the modern business model of capitalism. Give people quality and innovation until you become massive, then flip the tables to make as much money with as little effort as possible.
    By that reasoning every big gaming company should go that way and yet they don't and they still maintain integrity, a loyal fanbase AND growing profits.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a renewed wave of frustration by the mention that Diablo Immortal will be aimed at all ages and won't be a Mature rating.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world." Really...? Can someone show me what makes Blizzard believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a renewed wave of frustration by the mention that Diablo Immortal will be aimed at all ages and won't be a Mature rating.
    Whether you care for Az or not, I think this video shows enough all the Diablo aspects that (probably) goes away in Diablo: Immortal. I mean seriously, I didn't see ANY blood in what they showed except bugs that had green acid coming out of them.

https://youtu.be/wx1xc0WnZ_E
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-11-08 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Well in most Asian countries I am sure it will and I am sure they'll be some people who will give the game ago over this side of the pond too. Don;t sell it out completely, I honestly don't believe it will flop as much as you all might think.

Peoples outrage might be blinding them in my opinion.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-08 at 09:56 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

I'm dying over here, send help.
    It was well received as the biggest meme of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    There has been lol.
    Ahh, I just haven't seen it just yet then.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post

I'm dying over here, send help.
    I don't think anyone is left standing after that to help.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Literally just means that 37 million people played any Blizzard game in at least 1 month during the quarter while 345 million played any Activision Blizzard game. Means nothing to the average Joe, really.
    30 mil HS
    7 mil : wow , ow, hots,sc, d3 etc