Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I still play WoW somewhat regularly - I often take breaks (sometimes extended ones) to play other games, usually single-player games like the latest "God of War" and I'm looking forward to "Darksiders III" as well.
    I want to take a break from wow and play the new Dragon Quest for PC...

But i have friends who are playing WoW...and i fear if i leave they also leave and i will end up in WoW without friends anymore.

I guess ill just play Dragon Quest when they stop playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think we might start to see people moving away in earnest now because we can see what the end of wow looks like and it will be as a phone or tablet game and people will just prefer to leave on their own terms instead of being forced to go mobile when they dont want to. Should be an interesting 2019.
    That's pretty dramatic don't you think? Also what if they put a let battle mode in the companion app where you can do PvP pet battles on your phone? It's not something I really care to do on my computer but I would use an app that let me choose my team and queue from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What the hell is this? A Life?

Get out of here you dont belong
    I'm a guild master now and totally no-life WoW.

Gotta keep things balanced, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LBStx View Post
    I'm a guild master now and totally no-life WoW.

Gotta keep things balanced, right?
    I was kidding. Keep up the good work with real life dont be like me!!!111!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Idk what RPCS3 is D: Lol "BFA Did it" Good answer good answer
    PS3 emulator, since wow - when closer to its original incarnation than it is at current, caused me to miss a lot of console games - im chipping away at my back log lol.

I consider what I do as "strategic breaks". I didn't like how quickly I got tired of BFA, so I filled up my token stash as much as I could, and then let my account expire to take a break for a while. How long this break lasts is really up to Blizzard. In the mean time, I spend less time playing games right now as I do other things. There really isn't a lot out there that interests me at the moment, except some of my older titles in my Steam library.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    Didn't successfully move on yet since I wait for classic but there so much shit to play outside blizzard games. I'm currently playing a lot of Path of Exile along with any other single player big releases and lot of Fallout 76 soon.

Is it really moved on from WoW if you're still reading and posting on mmo-c?
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I don't think anyone ever moves on from WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    I don't think anyone ever moves on from WoW.
    A new MMO played with real life friends...no matter how bad it is...its one of the best experiences ever.

You just need friends to "move on" to other MMO.

#wish_i_had_more_crazy_friends

I've slowly been losing interest in wow for awhile, and the awful azerite system and the fact that this expansion clearly came out half-baked finally drove me away, at least for awhile. Gearing has also become very formulaic and boring in WoW. The only interesting gear remaining is trinkets. The rest is just incremental stat stick upgrades, yawn.

I went back to Everquest, specifically the progression servers.

The loot is interesting, the world feels dangerous, theres always something meaningful to do.

It's grindy, its archaic, its ugly. Its still better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I want to take a break from wow and play the new Dragon Quest for PC...

But i have friends who are playing WoW...and i fear if i leave they also leave and i will end up in WoW without friends anymore.

I guess ill just play Dragon Quest when they stop playing WoW.
    My guild dried up at the end of MoP, and I never really cared to make the jump to find another guild due to real-world commitments. So I basically play WoW with randos for any kind of multiplayer content I do (LFR or the group finder). Has worked fine for me so far.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    I come and go...
    Tried Tera, Wildstar, GW2, League of Legends, Rift, Defiance, ESO, Aion, the star wars mmo (super bad and clunky game, only the story is good), maple story 2 etc.,
    Now I play Heroes of the Storm a lot. Find that game amazing. Especially coz I can play with heroes from my favourite IP's (Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft) even if they don't have any new content (SC and Diablo).

A new MMO played with real life friends...no matter how bad it is...its one of the best experiences ever.

You just need friends to "move on" to other MMO.

#wish_i_had_more_crazy_friends
    Other people annoy me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Other people annoy me.
    Its the best feeling in the world, playing a fresh MMO with a group of close friends.

I still remember to this day some of the adventures i had in Guild Wars 2 when i took a break from WoW Cataclysm.

I never made pure "online friends" though.
    All my friends were from "real life".

Humm......no idea if im able to get the same feelings with "online friends". I never tried.

Nostalgia is kicking in real hard right now.
    For some reason my Guild Wars 2 experience was better than anything else i ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    WoW is never going to be a mobile game. Ever. I'm not sure why theres so many people recently that are saying this.

You might see aspects of it go mobile IE pet battles, but the core gameplay? Not a chance.
    Wow will be a tablet game. Guaranteed.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on!

RPGs, Platformers, Strategy, once I enjoy it.

I think if people play different games they would find more things than interest them, rather than spending most of their time attacking WoW.

I truly dislike BFA, was having a tonnn of fun with friends, but good Lord I just couldn't stand so many of the design decisions. So I unsubbed and picked up God of War, Spider Man, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Civ 6 and a ton of other games.

Btw if you have a PC, a Switch is a great compliment to it. A lot of great stuff on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxielove View Post
    Viconia Devir is the only friend you need

- - - Updated - - -

Lets play Baldurs Gate

put yo money where yo mouth is
    I saw Baldur's Gate, but it genuinely didn't interest me

I did, however, just buy Divinity Original Sin 2. So far it's amazing in terms of an RPG!

I was hoping to get some advice but I just found a bunch of junkies just like me who relapse time and time again.

I moved on (for quite a long time) in the beginning of MOP. I had no proper guild, no commitments in the game, and was generally bored. I did not move to another game, but to real life. Finished university, got married, etc. Of course I came back later :P