Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Turning M rated game franchise into PG rated for wider market... great work Blizzard for stabbing your lifeblood in the back.

To sum the conference up: Mobile, Asia, Ads.

"Many top mobile games are based on IP originally created for console and PC"... And we hate most of them.
    'Top' pay to win games? 'Top' most clickbaity games? I wonder what Blizz actually thinks

I really hope they create Quality games for the mobile but id prefer them not to do mobile at all.
    But quality costs money and It is unlikely that any phone game will have the same experience as well done PC/console game

The real pressure point for blizzard will be if no one plays there first mobile game so we wont havta live though another disappointing reveal at a PC(console) gamer-blizzcon convention

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Blizzard is just shitting on their customer base, they almost seem suicidal.
    When you have millions of gulible fanboys you can afford to gamble at their expense. There still numbskulls who defend this new blizzard mobile even in this thread alone.

So more mobile games coming, could this be Blizzards grand strategy to appease Sylvannas fans - a WoW dating sim?

I shall now go back to hoping my current favorite developer (CD Projekt Red) doesn't sell out like Blizz have

10+ Year Old Account
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the worldFan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world
    LOL, Are you fucking kidding? They got boos and one guy asked if it was a joke. Amazing....
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    The beginning of the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    To sum the conference up: Mobile, Asia, Ads.
    And a clear message to blizzard fans across all franchises.

DON'T YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES???

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They made a long term gamble that the mobile growths will cover the loss of costumers from disgruntled fans on the main titles and the massive negative press they will get.
    Thats a 20% crash. It's no longer a simple gamble. The situation now requires a full success or it's a total bust. The deeper the hole, the harder it is to climb out.

It's falling, at $56.90 now.

Key notes from the conference.

Mobile, asian market, how to get ads to more people

All those candy crush players are going to LOVE Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well in most Asian countries I am sure it will and I am sure they'll be some people who will give the game ago over this side of the pond too. Don;t sell it out completely, I honestly don't believe it will flop as much as you all might think.

Peoples outrage might be blinding them in my opinion.
    It's not going to flop. In the end, when they are raking money hand over fist they will have the last laugh. From "you all have phones don't you?" to "your parents have credit cards don't they?" this will succeed. Everyone likes to compare it to the COD fiasco that despite insane hate did quite well financially.

Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs.
    That must be one of the most delusional statements in a while from Blizzard

Deleted
    Disgusting. This is not a company I loved and paid for. Hate the new direction they are taking.

Diablo Immortal is going to make them a boat load of money. No idea why people think its a bad business decision to release the Diablo mobile game. What was a bad business decision was not announcing any Diablo pc content.

LOLOLOLOLOL the spin.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    By that reasoning every big gaming company should go that way and yet they don't and they still maintain integrity, a loyal fanbase AND growing profits.
    I mean, you see the kind of insane shit big companies try to do regularly. It usually takes a large amount of fan backlash for them to get back on the right course, and even then they find themselves treading those same footsteps in the future.

i hate how they're counting months of pre-sales as day 1 sales for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Blizzard never innovated; they just took existing concepts & ideas and presented them in a better and more polished version. I mean come on, this is pretty much what Blizzard is known for - and they are doing it for mobile games now. Why people are reacting so negatively to this, god only knows, beacuse well, you could see this coming after mobile market's resurgence & smartphones being readily avaliable for everyone.
    The problem isn't that Blizzard is developing mobile games - honestly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to have more mobile games after Hearthstone did so well. The problem isn't even Diablo: Immortal, which will likely end up a decent mobile game. I could easily see them tapping Warcraft RTS, Starcraft, World of Warcraft Pet Battles (pokemon Go with wow pet battle system and integration with your wow account pets - I would dump hours and likely many dollars into that game), etc. for mobile and be able to make quality, engaging content like Hearthstone has proven to be.

The backlash from Blizzcon is that they headlined a mobile game that was meant for the eastern market at the western markets "big con", and further added insult to injury by poorly setting expectations because they ran a massive marketing campaign for Diablo to the western market leading up to Blizzcon. We knew we weren't getting D4, but they could have (and should have) squashed the rumors of D1/2 remaster announcement or D3 expansion/character pack content. This was even further complicated by them having some seriously poor PR toward loyal fans when those fans asked some hard questions about this direction, instead of handling things professionally. This announcement should have been at PAX East, and the Headline should likely have been Warcraft 3 Reforged for this Blizzcon - especially since it too had a playable Demo.

Another simple solution would have been a "teaser" trailer for D4, (which is obviously in development) ala the recent Elder Scrolls 6 or Starfield trailers from Bethesda E3. Just having a simple background of flames with Diablo like music and a logo would have been enough to completely change the narrative, regardless of if it really gave any details about the game. You don't need to show Diablo - or any of the characters in case the game's narrative is still in the "flux" phase of development (which rumor has, it is and has shifted multiple times so far). Just a simple announcement trailer to wet the appetites with followup at another con or Blizzcon next year.

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop there either - based on what was said multiple times at Blizzcon following the DI announcement and then reiterated during the investor call today, they are shifting development away from PC for mobile, instead of simply expanding their teams for mobile. Hearing Blizzard quote, on multiple occasions during Blizzcon, and now to investors that they have, (and I'm paraphrasing here because I can't find the exact quote) "Many of their best developers now working on mobile titles across Blizzard's IPs", is a real problem for fans, as mobile games should be there to compliment Blizzard PC games, not take over for them.

There is nothing wrong with Blizzard tapping the mobile market - it's huge in the east, and growing in west - but Blizzard shifting development to mobile in lieu of PC will likely lead to slower development of PC assets (which are already too damned slow vs. industry average), and likely a decline in the quality of their PC assets, as they are moving "their best developers" to mobile.

This shift is what has long time fans upset and feeling a bit betrayed. Is it a bit entitled? Sure, but many fans that are upset, including myself, have been invested in Blizzard PC games for more than 20 years. To see the company that my money helped build shift their focus away from long time loyal fans in lieu of making a quick buck on the eastern markets is beyond disappointing, and I don't think it's wrong for myself, and other like me, that have supported Blizzard through thick and thin, to have a strong opinion - and further voice that opinion.

Sorry for the long write-up, just trying to break it down for you from the perspective of someone who is voicing their opinion in a polite way (these people that are flat out attacking Blizz employees really need to grow up!), but is a part of the negative reaction.

Stocks down almost 10.89% right now in the last day, from 62,79 to 55.95 dollars. maybe a good time to buy if this mobile game will indeed make them their estimated 300 million dollars or even more and with other titles maybe coming out as well