Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If anyone responds to this in the World of Warcraft - General discussion, they have not " successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game"
    People browse the sub who don't play, I know it D: I cba losing post in flood of general or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    Is it really moved on from WoW if you're still reading and posting on mmo-c?
    Yes ; ) If you don't play
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I've moved away from WoW many times... the last time was for AC Odyssey and Forza Horizon 4, although I've really moved away from WoW for now, because the game design is pretty bad right now (I hate it soooo much that m+ has become the main content of the game) and overall the game's just boring

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I saw Baldur's Gate, but it genuinely didn't interest me

I did, however, just buy Divinity Original Sin 2. So far it's amazing in terms of an RPG!
    DOS2 is an amazing crpg People recommend PoE all the time, but DOS (both 1 and 2) are better imo.

Been playing since 2006, ocasionally tried to stop playing (by the end of WoTLK and from the end of Cata untill end of MOP) by playing "wow-killers". The only best way to end this addiction is to stop playing at all. Fortunately, BFA has everything to make you stop playing. Unfortunately, friends can't do proper M+ without me =(

Quote Originally Posted by Anaxielove View Post
    Yes I read for Story spoilers because I have investment in the ongoing story since the Mid 90s.

Have I played a single hour of the MMO Since WoD? Hell no.

The poorly design reward systems are a complete waste of time the way WoW has been designed WoD and progressively worsened to what yall have in BFA. GROSS
    I'm pretty sure that's not moving on...
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me "moving on" from WoW was letting go of the idea that I had to play every single free second that I had and every single content update. I didn't need the most up to date gear on my main every patch, etc. And not blaming the game or Blizzard for a lot of shit that was my fault like so many people do. That was "moving on" for me. But it really wasn't fully moving on because I come back to it from time and time and I still love the game and Blizzard. I could randomly come back and play for a year or more straight. I could even see myself getting back into hardcore raiding or pvp. But I haven't really played it in a couple of years besides the important events and the classic demo.

I also still have like 10 gbanks of crap to sort and sell and full bags on most of my characters. That's kind of a party pooper and likely a real reason I subconsciously avoid playing again.

But there was most definitely a huge change in the attachment/addiction that I had. I found a passion for gaming in general. I absolutely love playing through good story rich single player games, survival games and loot collection games. I came back to Warframe for the first time since beta and I've sunk like 2k hours into it since December so the grind addict is still in me I guess, lol. Before Warframe I put a ton of time into Overwatch. Unfortunately I haven't played much since. But I want to and I always say I need to get back into it.

Side note - Destiny 2 is a GORGEOUS game and surprisingly good. Some of the best level design I've actually ever seen. I definitely recommend checking it out since it's free currently. Also, Warframe's huge new update just dropped today so there's no better time to also check that out.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I leave, I come back... the most recent time I left was before the Blizzcon 2017, I went to FFXIV and played that until this summer then I went somewhere else. I've not yet gone back to Wow. No 'final' straw.. I got bored.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I replaced WoW for programming, I still want to play way WoW but everytime I log in I remember it's just isn't what it used to be. A mmo without community is like a body without soul, it's just an empty shell.
    If you truly want a community there are thousands of them in and around the game. Everything from roleplaying to hardcore raiding, secret finding, lore speculation, you name it.

An MMO without community is dead and buried long enough for people to forget. WoW clearly has players = communities = alive.

Deleted
    Subs are likely around 2 million

sales over the last 15 years. MILLIONS probably over 30+ million have moved on from WoW.

Your comment is dumb.
    Anaxie never fails to deliver.

Game sells 3.4 million(at launch). Does really well in the shop in the quarter where the only new item was a 6 month sub with a bonus mount.

Conclusion: 2m subs pulled out of the rear end and "your post is dumb".

Can't get classier than that.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-11-09 at 12:00 AM.

The game itself is garbage. Theres no reason TO HAVE community because blizzard develops systems deteriorating the need for it and almost everything they develop is to waste your time so you come back 50 more times until you get the outcome you want with their new metrics.

WoW is a Garbage Corporate designed game that resembles to 2018 era of everything bad with gaming.

I think thats what he ment to say.
    Yeah yeah you think it's garbage and everyone should know.

What else is new. Have fun spewing your narrative for another 10 years as the game goes on without you. Must hurt in the little feels box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Anaxie never fails to deliver.

Game sells 3.4 million. Does really well in the shop in the quarter where the only new item was a 6 month sub with a bonus mount.

Conclusion: 2m subs pulled out of the rear end and "your post is dumb".

Can't get classier than that.
    He'll get himself banned again, this must be his what... third alt account? That's not "moving on", but he's showcasing exactly the sort of "ex-partner syndrome" that so many of his ilk suffers from.

It's rather sad.

do you truely think 3..4 million buyers of BFA are still playing this trasheap after the Azerite failure that will continue for another year and a half and much loved Titanforge system and junk ass content.

it will be a miracle if the game has 1 million subs by the time BFA ends in late 2020
    I have suspicions that you are trying to circumvent a ban on the forums, I have reported it to the mods, hopefully they will deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved on from WoW for almost every upstart MMO.
    RIFT FF14 SWTOR Wildstar etc etc

Got to max level then went back to WoW because there was never anything to do.

Playing BFA with a small group of friends in M+

I went back to everquest. I still play it more than wow. Wow is a side game i play for fun once a week.

In my experience theres no "one game" that replaces WoW.

All I'll say is that I'm happier without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm oh no I don't play a assure you. MMO champion however is a moderatly interesting website to see info on. I love some good ol Sylvanas is a meanie rants by people expecting Undead to toe the line with thin skinned humans who are an embarassment to actual Medival history where invaders raped and pillaged ect. Stormwind I suppose would just give them hugs and say why are you hurting people.

- - - Updated - - -

quite a response for someone not agreeing with you. Shame on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice chuckle you gave me.
    I just started Destiny 2 because it was free. I know it has a bad reputation. But I don't understand why yet. I do plan on buying Forsaken at some point because I heard it's good and it includes all of the other shit. But what I mean by good is...the damn levels are fucking incredibly well designed. They're so gorgeous. It's probably the first game that's made me want to get a true HDR 4k monitor and not just stick with 144hz. It's also fun so far.

But I haven't done any end game. I have a 20 Hunter (vanilla capped I guess) and 14 Titan. I've only leveled and done campaign and adventure stuff. Haven't even done strikes yet. So we'll see. I hope there's more depth to the talents and items. I know there's some but not sure how much.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

do you truely think 3..4 million buyers of BFA are still playing this trasheap after the Azerite failure that will continue for another year and a half and much loved Titanforge system and junk ass content.

it will be a miracle if the game has 1 million subs by the time BFA ends in late 2020
    Your moving on is incredible. Continuing to follow the game, knowing the mechanics, spending time reading and posting about your hatred for the game on mmo-c. You need some closure.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

I'm sure there are plenty of celebs that have moved on from WoW. :P

I tend to say this about wow.

World of warcraft is very good waste of time.

I have stopped playing or played very little many times in the past. Somehow I always return to wow. Why? Its just good waste of time. I can always do something. Wow has something that, for example, other mmo's dont seem to have. I'm not entirely sure what, but I keep coming back when I stop.

So moving on isnt really happening. Yet, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I moved on from Early 7.1 to mid 7.2.

I just played single player games and ESO until I ran out of content, then came back.

Kinda doing that now, but I keep subbed so I can do my weekly mount runs, level alts, island expeditions and farm Arathi rares when they're available.

Still got Thronebreaker and ESO's Murkmire DLC to go through. Might take a crack at those tomorrow.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-11-09 at 01:52 AM.

I moved on from WoW when I realised that all I was doing at max level was farming mounts. But when I got the mount I would only use it for a while. And then keep working on the other mounts I didn't have. Got tired of chasing pixels that didn't fulfill me when I finally got them.