Poll: Should we punish people with real life consequences for harming NPCs in video games?

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    NPC's in video game ? No

NPC's in real life ? Yes

Way to skewer the topic.

He wasn't being punished for killing NPCs in a video game, he was punished for uploading it to youtube. HUGE difference. And he deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I like how the OP considers youTube getting fed up with that shit as "real life consequences."
    You mean by destroying someone's income and livelihood? Yea that's not "real life" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Do you hate free speech or something? Youtube is free to do whatever with someone's account, especially when he was clearly framing it with a certain intent.

TL;DR Some cunt got banned because Youtube didn't want to be associated with his douchebaggery. Oh my, the horror. The horror.
    It's kind of disingenuous to claim that isn't it? Consider all the other videos he has of him massacring men in the game isn't it? The character in question is extremely annoying if you spend time in the area much like the idiot that constantly pops up searching for gavin it's common to either kill or move both of these characters purely due to annoyance factor but the media only cares about one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Way to skewer the topic.

He wasn't being punished for killing NPCs in a video game, he was punished for uploading it to youtube. HUGE difference. And he deserved it.
    Please explain why this particular video deserved and not for example the one of him insulting then attacking the disfigured musician then killing his entire village when they came to defend him.

This is a stupid question if anyone checked yes, then they are double stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Way to skewer the topic.

You realize his channel was unbanned, right? He didn’t actually break any rules.

What did he deserve, exactly?

No. People shouldn't be punished for killing NPCs in games. Or other player characters for that matter.

But when creating intentionally offensive content that is hosted on a 3rd parties website, having that content deleted or your access withdrawn shouldn't surprise you.

YouTube is under no obligation to host anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone saying yes to this needs to get a serious reality check.

Seriously, what the hell? Of course not. That would kill the point of even having video games in the first place.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Deleted
    Ah, so Venant found his daily dose of outrage. Good, wouldn't want him to wither and die without enough triggered emotions for sustenance.

Man we are getting closer to the twilight zone than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Are you agreeing with me that they should be treated like any other character? Because that’s what I was saying. I guess I should’ve used less sarcasm.
    Only if they're treated equally everywhere else. Otherwise they should have preferential treatment in order to reduce the stigma associated with them. That's how narratives works and thus the subjective reality since we construct that of narratives.

Going "this is treating them ewaully" is faulty when it's only in one aspect when thegroup still gets the short and sticky end in pretty much every other.