Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I played the demo twice and it was basically the same as all of the other action rpgs I’ve played on mobile in the last 2 years or so. It just has the Diablo art style. The problem people who played it have with it isn’t that is not good(my only real issue was wizard spell targeting speed), it is that it isn’t unique. It’s the same thing that has been repackaged over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    It's just a fact that counters some of what you said.
    KK. I'll note that there's no point responding further, as you have none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Blizzard never innovated; they just took existing concepts & ideas and presented them in a better and more polished version. I mean come on, this is pretty much what Blizzard is known for - and they are doing it for mobile games now. Why people are reacting so negatively to this, god only knows, beacuse well, you could see this coming after mobile market's resurgence & smartphones being readily avaliable for everyone.
    And yet the polish is 100% gone now. They don't give 2 shits about polish anymore. It's ONLY about money.

Beta test for azeroth says enough and now this outsourced scum mobile release... they are so lucky that so many people love their brand and that's why I hope they are going all in with 8.1 if that's shit too I'm done forever with wow. And maybe it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I've yet to see a mobile game that wasn't complete shit and/or a ripoff. I think they are trying to get young audience interested in the Blizz IP and then pull them into the proper PC gaming platform. It's a decent strategy, however they should stop pitching these pathetic mobile products towards us, we are not the target audience and therefore fucking not interested.
    That's what pretty much everyone says.

No one would have cared about them milking mobile turds that wanna pay 5bucks every hour to keep going. They see easy money so they go for it. I can understand that.

But they give 0 fucks anymore and are fine with fucking any fan they have at this point. Fuck making your players happy, as long as the share holders are happy. Well we have been seeing that for a while now and boy is it helping them to get more subs!

How can people that make so much money be so dumb.
    All they gonna do is end up like the next ubi/EA
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-11-09 at 07:45 AM.

It smells like dictatorship.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Commies are ruining game market, who didn't expect that Lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    And yet the polish is 100% gone now. They don't give 2 shits about polish anymore. It's ONLY about money.

Beta test for azeroth says enough and now this outsourced scum mobile release... they are so lucky that so many people love their brand and that's why I hope they are going all in with 8.1 if that's shit too I'm done forever with wow. And maybe it's about time.

That's what pretty much everyone says.

No one would have cared about them milking mobile turds that wanna pay 5bucks every hour to keep going. They see easy money so they go for it. I can understand that.

But they give 0 fucks anymore and are fine with fucking any fan they have at this point. Fuck making your players happy, as long as the share holders are happy. Well we have been seeing that for a while now and boy is it helping them to get more subs!

How can people that make so much money be so dumb.
    All they gonna do is end up like the next ubi/EA
    They can't even make shareholders happy. Look at their stock values.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Ithilion View Post
    Psst, you can do business while staying true to your values, you just earn less.
    Unless you sold out and became a public company, in which case 'investors' will relentlessly pressure and stack the board to 'maximize shareholder value' ofc.

The bright side:

If Diablo:Immortal will become an ok game, they will contribute in getting better games for your mobile, so they won't all stay simple games. I think Nintendo's already pulling things in the right direction by getting full games to run on what's only slightly better than current phones. A mobile in itself isn't destined to be a terrible gaming platform. There have been huge technical limitations, but they are always improving. Casting to TVs is very close, I think. The hardest thing to overcome is getting good controllers implemented, but if someone makes a collapsible, comfortable "console" controller that could frame a large variety of phones, I think that would be an attachment that people wouldn't mind carrying around if the games were good enough to take mobile gaming to a different level.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    All that bullshit doesn't include the recent events, so they can still lie and sugarcoat the turd this time.

Fact! Diablo Immortal announcement WAS NOT well received, it was met with boos and mass dislikes. How can they so blatantly LIE that it was well received?!

Fact! WoW is gushing out subs due to crap content and too low content. Even though they don't release sub numbers anyone who is still subbed and is not an MVP can clearly see it.

Fact! Overwatch is dead. No major streamer still plays it, and that means quite a lot, ss streamers play what brings them views, and if they abandon a game, then it means it's no longer as profitable to play it because people aren't interested in watching it LET ALONE PLAYING IT.

So...TELL ME LIES, TELL ME SWEET LITTLE LIES...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The bright side:

If Diablo:Immortal will become an ok game, they will contribute in getting better games for your mobile, so they won't all stay simple games. I think Nintendo's already pulling things in the right direction by getting full games to run on what's only slightly better than current phones. A mobile in itself isn't destined to be a terrible gaming platform. There have been huge technical limitations, but they are always improving. Casting to TVs is very close, I think. The hardest thing to overcome is getting good controllers implemented, but if someone makes a collapsible, comfortable "console" controller that could frame a large variety of phones, I think that would be an attachment that people wouldn't mind carrying around if the games were good enough to take mobile gaming to a different level.
    Dude, who the fuck plays mobile games regularly in the west?

What, are we talking little kids who don't have a PC nor a console? Are talking about the times we get explosive diarheea and sit an hour on the toilet with nothing to do?

I'm a huge gaming nerd and single, and between workplace and my own gaming PC, I literally don't have opportunity or reason to play on my mobile. Can't see how someone else that is busier than me, would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Dude, who the fuck plays mobile games regularly in the west?
    Well, most people do, like Pokemon Go and stuff.

What, are we talking little kids who don't have a PC nor a console?

You know what the problem with your console and PC is? They are expensive, stationary and take up space. People need and want phones, and use them for everything, so they already have a "free" console built in already. The "home computer" is a thing of the past, except for a the gaming enthusiast, and that's why it's important to get good gaming onto the mobile devices.

Are talking about the times we get explosive diarheea and sit an hour on the toilet with nothing to do?
    I can sit on the toilet with my phone for 10-15 minutes easily, having a nice, relaxing shit, reading something on my phone or playing on my Switch.

I'm a huge gaming nerd and single, and between workplace and my own gaming PC, I literally don't have opportunity or reason to play on my mobile. Can't see how someone else that is busier than me, would.
    Well, for people not in a position to instantly flip from work to PC gaming, and having little downtime outside that, there is a demand, as is obvious when you look at the sales. Even the Switch, which you have to buy in addition to a phone, and a lot more cumbersome to carry around than a phone, is still a popular device that people use a lot in handheld mode. People like mobility, even if you don't have a need for it.
    Mother pus bucket!

activision stock took a nosedive after these earning calls.

lying to investors isn't a good idea : )

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

So they decided to mute that particular segment but not the rest then? Yeah that makes sense. Lying sacks of..

"Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs.

And top fucking kek to this one. Unless they are high on 32 types of mushroom mixed with a can of redbull there's no way they can't notice the difference between a 24-32" monitor and a fucking mobile touch screen.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2018-11-09 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    Smart shareholders know that it’s the 4th quarter that’s important, the last one included expansion launch which inflates the numbers.

Game is boring right now and it’s leaking subs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Blizzard never innovated; they just took existing concepts & ideas and presented them in a better and more polished version. I mean come on, this is pretty much what Blizzard is known for - and they are doing it for mobile games now. Why people are reacting so negatively to this, god only knows, beacuse well, you could see this coming after mobile market's resurgence & smartphones being readily avaliable for everyone.
    Yeah just like Heroes of the Storm.. even Heartstone.. all their "new" ip since 2004 have been far sub par to others on the market.. "and prefire to triggered overwatch fans, CS:GO also much older and still better 5v5 fps game"

china can go to to hell with his mobile games!

i will never buy a mobile game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Commies are ruining game market, who didn't expect that Lmao

- - - Updated - - -

They can't even make shareholders happy. Look at their stock values.
    Yeah true, this was meant to be sarcastic to point out that exaclty!

"We have been seeing that for a while now and boy is it helping them to get more subs!"

This media drama isn't enough for them to open their eyes tho..

YOU ALL HAVE PHONES RIGHT?
    How can you be this dumb to say something like that... smh

World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly quarter-over-quarter. The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.
    I'm guessing this is business-speak for "sold a lot of WOW Tokens."

Deleted
    "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

We all saw them squirm on stage when their pitch crashed and burned nothing short of instantly when the word "mobile" was said...

Americans should also stick to just saying "cell" instead of "mobile" (moble) seen as they can't seem to pronounce it correctly.
    Last edited by mmoc8c32716f2c; 2018-11-09 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    So the Weakauras twitter was mostly right, 3.2 million subs at the start so then the other part is also must be true, that it dropped to 1.7m.
    I'm proud to be among the 100 million HS players, although I played like 3 matches in my entire life and deleted it shortly after (same with HotS, also not a sub to Bfa anymore either)
    Fan reaction was muted but it was s success! Just like in a dictatorship.

Fuck them. If people are idiots and want to give them money, that's their problem, I am not giving them another cent.

What a crock of absolute bullshit.

I will translate some of my favourite bullshit statements.

World of Warcraft engagement grew strongly quarter-over-quarter. The expansion saw strong participation in value-added services.
    That bait and switch with the mount that was going to be a blizcon but was switched to a 6 month sub got our numbers up, but nobody is actually playing.

Many top mobile games are based on IP originally created for console and PC, so the company is investing in mobile releases for Activision and Blizzard fanchises

Mobile titles are cheap and we don't give a fuck about our IP we just want to make money

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

We are insane as well as creatively bankrupt

Taking a game to mobile with Blizzard quality standards(hahahah blizzard standard) can open Blizzard franchises to a new audience, especially in China where Blizzard is a strong brand.
    We can make more money in china so fuck you.

Many of Blizzard's best developers are now working on new mobile titles across all of Blizzard's IPs.
    We have abandoned real games, existing games are pretty much in maintenance mode

The team admits that lack of clarification for how Warfronts cycle was not done well this caused a lot of confusion that can be addressed with better communication by Blizzard.

They where going to be a bigger thing, but we could not be arsed to finish them, we needed that fat cheddar from box sales

Azerite Armor(all of them)
    We wanted a system that would force players to keep playing to get what they need so RNG up the wazoo! We cannot make a game they want to play as we are useless hacks but we can make a game they HAVE to play.