Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard evolved to an Apple-like company. Taking advantage of their once good products they deliver pure overpriced bs nowadays and several pathetic sheep keep endorsing their money grabbing schemes by paying them for said crap products.

Deleted
    +1 on many comments here. Not spending another bean on Blizzard games especially after reading this earnings call nonsense. They have lost a massive amount of subs and ultimately money over these decisions and PR bungles but if you take what they are saying at face value they simply do not care. They stand to make an absolute killing if D:Imm is even half as popular as the big mobile games of which some have reportedly earned up to $1.5m a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    OMEGALUL

They're not serious, right? The difference between a tiny phone screen and your PC monitor is massive.
    You realise some phones have spec equivilent to an I3 or I5 right?

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    Haha, what?

Can someone explain me all the data they gave to us in a non-biased way ? Even a tl;dr could help.

Quote Originally Posted by yesmilord View Post
    So the Weakauras twitter was mostly right, 3.2 million subs at the start so then the other part is also must be true, that it dropped to 1.7m.
    I'm proud to be among the 100 million HS players, although I played like 3 matches in my entire life and deleted it shortly after (same with HotS, also not a sub to Bfa anymore either)
    Fan reaction was muted but it was s success! Just like in a dictatorship.
    Did enough matches to get the Hearthsteed and uninstalled it afterwards.

Can someone explain me all the data they gave to us in a non-biased way ? Even a tl;dr could help.
    tl;dr we are counting irrelevant and obscure stats that are easily manipulated to create a semblance of positive PR and avoid a potential shitstorm from the customers.

There's so much salt in this thread I just got hypertension from reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by yesmilord View Post
    So the Weakauras twitter was mostly right, 3.2 million subs at the start so then the other part is also must be true, that it dropped to 1.7m.
    I'm proud to be among the 100 million HS players, although I played like 3 matches in my entire life and deleted it shortly after (same with HotS, also not a sub to Bfa anymore either)
    Fan reaction was muted but it was s success! Just like in a dictatorship.
    Fake data is never right if it didn't came from blizzard then it's bollocks.

Deleted
    Mike Morhaine jumped ship at the perfect moment. With him gone, the Blizzard we know finally is gone too. WoW in maintenance mode, Diablo in mobile cash grab mode, nothing new on the horizion. Activision is milking the cow to death. It's over for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Can't wait to learn about the events in Stormwind, the alliance capital city, from a Horde character. Likely even the one that escaped while also still not having a clue who those trolls were. The fidelity of mobile titles is also really good if you just look at the trailers of games. Too bad those games can't keep up and won't for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Dude, who the fuck plays mobile games regularly in the west?

What, are we talking little kids who don't have a PC nor a console? Are talking about the times we get explosive diarheea and sit an hour on the toilet with nothing to do?

I'm a huge gaming nerd and single, and between workplace and my own gaming PC, I literally don't have opportunity or reason to play on my mobile. Can't see how someone else that is busier than me, would.
    Kids while going to/from school, students in lectures, people in doctor waiting rooms, people that shun the "complexity" of computers ... there are lot of opportunities and reason to play on your mobile that just don't suite you. Which is fine, it's indeed a big market as you're reaching a lot of people that don't play on a PC or console. The barrier to entry is low because you get the game the same way you did get your cooking recipes. Whenever that's the demographic that's going to be attracted by DI is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You know what the problem with your console and PC is? They are expensive, stationary and take up space. People need and want phones, and use them for everything, so they already have a "free" console built in already. The "home computer" is a thing of the past, except for a the gaming enthusiast, and that's why it's important to get good gaming onto the mobile devices.

I can sit on the toilet with my phone for 10-15 minutes easily, having a nice, relaxing shit, reading something on my phone or playing on my Switch.
    So why are you not playing on your phone? In addition how many power banks are you carrying around to get enough runtime if you actually play 3D titles on your phone? The downside to phones is that they run on battery and higher end graphics require more power which lessens the runtime of a phone. As it's used for more than just gaming that also means people have to compromise on what they want to do and how much of their "energy budget" can be "wasted" on gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltdash View Post
    You realise some phones have spec equivilent to an I3 or I5 right?
    Top spec mobile cpus are pushing 2.8 to 3ghz. PCs are pushing past the 3.6+ range, seems similar but cpus are not just about clock speeds.

Critically:

The top spec mobile gpus are below 1000 gflops on around 700 mhz clocks.
    A standard GTX 1080 is just short of 9000 gflops on 1500 mhz clock.

They are not comparable.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I have to puke from people still defending this company. But at least as Blizzard keep stabbing them in the back and they run out of valid excuses their comments are turning into the funniest moronic shit i have ever seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post

You know what the problem with your console and PC is? They are expensive, stationary and take up space. People need and want phones, and use them for everything, so they already have a "free" console built in already. The "home computer" is a thing of the past, except for a the gaming enthusiast, and that's why it's important to get good gaming onto the mobile devices.
    Consoles is not expensive compared to phones, ps4 cost like 300-400 and will last you for 5+ years of generation or so, meanwhile you buy the newest iphone or samsung or 900 dollars each year

Deleted
    Cant wait to install diablo on my oneplus 6t and you haters? go to hell cya!

"Wyatt says that most of the criticism comes from being skeptical of the game, but many who have played it on the show floor started skeptical but thought it was awesome."
    That's a plain lie, many people who played it, including myself, didn't liked it al all... As a matter of fact, they started optimistic, but once they played, they really disliked it... screen too small, controls too clunky, no controller support, poor quality,.... mobile gaming sucks... PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I have to puke from people still defending this company. But at least as Blizzard keep stabbing them in the back and they run out of valid excuses their comments are turning into the funniest moronic shit i have ever seen in my life.
    Prior to Legion I was one of those defenders of Blizzard... since then I became absolutely appalled with the direction Blizzard was heading, and this last Blizzcon and earnings call just shows everyone clearly what they became.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Consoles is not expensive compared to phones, ps4 cost like 300-400 and will last you for 5+ years of generation or so, meanwhile you buy the newest iphone or samsung or 900 dollars each year
    Not to mention the updates that intentionally slow it done to encourage buying a new one, to which Apple and Samsung have been caught doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    My guess is that the target audience gets their information about company's well-being from reports like these.
    But i mean you'd have to be blind to ignore the mayhem caused by blizzcon news. Basic google search exposes all the lies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They're shitting on their long time fans for a new, albeit bigger, audience [China+]... all the while blatantly lying to their shareholders with a straight face that is beyond nauseating.
    they are company that runs on money, what do you expect? only cater to a niece group instead of expanding because a few people will whine when they don't get the diablo news they got? we waited 11 years between d2 and d3, you can afford to wait a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And once I have expulsom with my enchanter, I do what with that, exactly?
    Make follower equipment. They sell for A BUNCH and are not restricted to a profession. Disenchanting Rod actually gives a lot of mats, and you can get Veiled Crystals in quantities back, sometimes. I got x20 once.