Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    When did you update the addon? Is the website accurate?

For security reasons, there is no way for an addon to contact the Internet from within WOW, and thus there is no way for the addon to keep itself up-to-date. What these guys do is essentially publish an "addon update" every day that contains a gigantic dump of player data that is up-to-date as of the previous day. The website should catch itself up relatively quickly*, but the addon will always be at minimum one day out of date and that's assuming you update it every day.

* If you're top 500 in your leaderboard, blah blah blah.
    No this is blizzards fault. I was doing runs on a server with extreme high requirements and people I've run with usually ended up being from high pop servers.

Now that I've switched to a low pop server (because who cares), there are sooo many slots open and all my runs get updated pretty quickly, usually within an hour or so.

Blizzard only shows the first 100. No idea why their API doesn't allow tracking of top 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No this is blizzards fault. I was doing runs on a server with extreme high requirements and people I've run with usually ended up being from high pop servers.

Now that I've switched to a low pop server (because who cares), there are sooo many slots open and all my runs get updated pretty quickly, usually within an hour or so.

Blizzard only shows the first 100. No idea why their API doesn't allow tracking of top 1000.
    The API tracks 500, but it should track more or have character API with their fastest run in time or something. Go to https://raider.io/mythic-plus/realms/us/current and hover over how many slots are left. Aerie Peak has 479 open for KR and if you click it, they have 21 recorded times. Blizzard's site only shows 100, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, you can go to youtube and find amazing guides, something that every raider should check. Before doing a boss, I always read upon tactics and what to do as my role. You can get ALL information by watching these videos. So, even if I don't have an achivement, I still know what to do. That PLUS previous expansions experience, should mean more than people who link achiv without impressive previous experience.

That's my entire point, you should TALK to one another.

As a group leader, what sounds best, the guy who know tactics very well from watching many kill videos AND who has Cutting Edge achivs etc from previous expansions, or a guy who just link Ahead of the curve, that he/she could just have bought and that person might be clueless and awful at the game.

If you TALK to people, you can find out who is the best option to invite.
    Knowing how to do something in theory doesn't mean that you are actually able to do it. If that'd be the case, reading a guide for a mythic raid would result in a oneshot kill. You need to learn to actually execute the strategy proposed in the guide, and while a lot of it is coordination between guild members, it's also learning to respond to certain situations in the correct way through experience.

So yeah, while the guy linking me AotC might've gotten carried, there's still a huge chance he'll perform better than someone who hasn't done the fight before. It's also about validation. I can't validate that you're a good player. I can't validate that you'll be able to execute the proposed strategy. I don't know anything about you. It's the same with the other guy, but if he links me AotC, at least I know he has seen the fight once before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Knowing how to do something in theory doesn't mean that you are actually able to do it. If that'd be the case, reading a guide for a mythic raid would result in a oneshot kill. You need to learn to actually execute the strategy proposed in the guide, and while a lot of it is coordination between guild members, it's also learning to respond to certain situations in the correct way through experience.

So yeah, while the guy linking me AotC might've gotten carried, there's still a huge chance he'll perform better than someone who hasn't done the fight before. It's also about validation. I can't validate that you're a good player. I can't validate that you'll be able to execute the proposed strategy. I don't know anything about you. It's the same with the other guy, but if he links me AotC, at least I know he has seen the fight once before.
    Of course you have to do it in practise as well as knowing it in theory. But what I say is having ANY Cutting Edge achiv means more than having AotC: Ghuun, even in Uldir, as that Mythic raider is a better player. If he or she can do Cutting Edge, that person will obviously be able to handle ANY heroic boss, even better than the guy who has Curve.

A raid with curved people might have needed 25 tries to get Curve, while a raid with Cutting Edge players might get it in 2-3 tries.

A AotC raider will likely do better than someone without achiv, but if that person has Cutting Edge from any previous tier (or just high mythic raid exp), that person is obviously good and better than the AotC (assuming the AotC guy doesn't also hav mythic experience).

Maybe we reason different, but this is how I see Mythic+ as well. If we do a dungeon +15, lets say Waycrest Manor, I would take in 100 of 100 times a guy who have done +25 Kings Rest but never Waycrest over someone who has done a +15 Waycrest but never a higher key.

Mythic exp > Heroic exp, always, regardless of what raid.
    High keys exp> lower keys exp, always, regardless of what dungeon.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    One less scrub to carry in weekly then.
    Funny thing is, I dont do M+ but I know that I would most likely be carrying people if I decided to do so, because I know what to do, yet that addon goes around telling that I don´t.

This addon should definitely be banned from the game, there is absolutely no reason others should see your progression like that. It goes against privacy and it is, honestly, useless. Today people buy boosts or get carried, so it is a 50% chance that they will be any good regardless of the numbers and from experience, and others will agree, that is the case
    Last edited by shise; 2019-04-09 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Funny thing is, I dont do M+ but I know that I would most likely be carrying people if I decided to do so, because I know what to do, yet that addon goes around telling that I don´t.
    This addon tells us exactly what we need to know : that you have no experience in M+ and would most likely fail a skip, a trick, a kick, a focus or anything that need the group to be on the same page. Because M+ are on a tight schedule and relies on non vocal cooperation.

Your post tells us exactly what every one suspect about low raider IO score : they are delusional.