Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I brew coffee after invite to raid (typically 10-15 mins before raid starts)

make a coffee, get full pack of smokes and empty bag for my ashtray when it gets full.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of you don't know what a ritual is by the looks of it.

I sacrifice the first born child of that given day as my pre raid ritual. It brings me purples, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Further advertisement and my own (Plus the officers) personal preference of using a website over discord. I'd be more than happy to post a website link say on the recruitment section here on mmo. Wouldn't be posting our private discord though.
    You can make a separate recruitment Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    You can make a separate recruitment Discord.
    Or I can confer with my officers about our own personal preference.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Or I can confer with my officers about our own personal preference.
    Sure you can. Was just wondering about the anachronism.
    And I can understand the resentment of the guild members if it was going to be used for anything besides a recruitment landing page.

Sure you can. Was just wondering about the anachronism.
    And I can understand the resentment of the guild members if it was going to be used for anything besides a recruitment landing page.
    It would have duplicated any information posted in discord, signs ups have always been managed ingame.

But there it is "Resentment".

There shouldn't be any. We had our guy put close to 200 hours into it - along side his job and his masters. Free of charge as well as covering the hosting costs free of charge. We made it clear anything on discord is on the website, vis versa. If you didn't want to use it, you didn't have to.

What should of been a pleasant surprise of an extra resource was met with full on hate and contempt. Like I say the cherry on the top was a relatively new member going "Why weren't we consulted on this?"

I've never been triggered in a game ever before. But this, this got my blood boiling

Haters gonna hate

It would have duplicated any information posted in discord, signs ups have always been managed ingame.

But there it is "Resentment".

There shouldn't be any. We had our guy put close to 200 hours into it - along side his job and his masters. Free of charge as well as covering the hosting costs free of charge. We made it clear anything on discord is on the website, vis versa. If you didn't want to use it, you didn't have to.

What should of been a pleasant surprise of an extra resource was met with full on hate and contempt. Like I say the cherry on the top was a relatively new member going "Why weren't we consulted on this?"

I've never been triggered in a game ever before. But this, this got my blood boiling
    I guess you not just went dark on a wild adventure without informing anyone of the broader guild, then reveal it after the fact, demonstrating to the members just how out of touch you are with their priorities, and to put the cherry on top promoting 'your guy' to officer for chasing a completely unnecessary idea that in the best case will not help anything communication wise (which seems to be a sore point already), but more likely hamper fluid information flow further as it now for whatever reason has to be 'duplicated'.

I can see their point quite clear, I'm completely unsure about yours.

I guess you not just went dark on a wild adventure without informing anyone of the broader guild, then reveal it after the fact, demonstrating to the members just how out of touch you are with their priorities, and to put the cherry on top promoting 'your guy' to officer for chasing a completely unnecessary idea that in the best case will not help anything communication wise (which seems to be a sore point already), but more likely hamper fluid information flow further as it now for whatever reason has to be 'duplicated'.

I can see their point quite clear, I'm completely unsure about yours.
    It's nothing to do with the trial, new members and stand members about how we run things behind the scenes. It didn't affect them negatively in any way. Just gave them an additional resource to use if they chose to. If it's not affecting their game or experience they don't need to be involved in any decision making or know whats going on before hand. If that isn't the case then theres 0 reason for any guild to have officer chat.

Secondly, I didn't promote him for that idea, he was already an officer; we were just having a jig around with who was doing what roles.

Lastly, it doesn't hamper anything. Not everyone loves discord. While I think it's great for voice coms, it ends there for me (as well as others). This whole thing about forums on there, guides with links to previous posts and what not shenanigans just doesn't do it. Give me a website with a clear structure any day of the week.

The point I'm getting across is simple.

Time and effort was invested into an idea for a completely optional tool / resource. If people didn't want to use it, they didn't have to. They could of polity said in wisp or 1 to 1 it wasn't for them or they don't see themselves using it. For my veteran raiders to throw a tantrum about it in guild chat moments after it was announced it was live then (Right in front of brand new members) and have some brand new members asking why they weren't consolidated about it; it's just dam right out of order.

But let me sum it up in two words

Ungrateful & disrespectful

Haters gonna hate

Drinking. If I'm not already well into a buzz before the first boss pull, it's going to be a terrible evening.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    We have one break in raid half way through of a 3 hour raid. Break is when my wife and I crack open a Heineken. We drink 2 beers the second half, no more no less.
    That sounds nice, but I only drink water and don't eat snacks now because I'd rather spend my calories on A good full meal.

Ungrateful & disrespectful
    Seems to go both ways.
    So why do you think the reaction was so negative?

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    This honestly reminds me of the time of when I was looking after my wife's Syrian hamster while she was away on one of my raid nights. Before the raid she was getting restless in the cage so I decided to let her have a run around in the hamster ball, got distracted for a few minutes when my phone went off. Put it down and noticed it was eerily quiet, turns out she'd worked out how to unscrew the lid of the hamster ball and decided to leg it under the sofa and hide. Had to spend the next 30 minutes trying to coax her out.

When asked why I was late to the raid I couldn't be bothered lying so just explained as it is, which met with some strong laughs from the whole raiding team.
    Hahaha, they really are little masters of breaking out of shit! Those hamster balls in particular have gone through all kinds of modifications as hamsters figured out how to open them, nowadays they've just given up and most hamster breeders simply recommend that you don't use them on account of the escape risks!

My hamster figured out that if she crashed the ball hard enough into the corner of furniture, the lid would eventually shift and she could force it up.

Pre-game dump

Glider kit past all the warmode horde at the Uldir entrance, /taunting them.

Obviously I have stealth but that's not nearly as fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forget it's raid day and run around in a blind panic and log on 10m late.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I usualy get home from work about an hour before raid, so i always:
    - Get toilet stuff done so i wont need to afk mid raid (im a gud boi)
    - Get in the shower
    - Put on some comfy P. J's
    - Smoke at least 2 cigarettes while roaming around the world (usually doing some world quests)
    - Get on TS to have some laughs pre-raid
    - Start a mount off with random people at the entrance to the raid, usually ending with me making them cry when i mount on my Sha mount (feelsgoodman)

Madness will consume you!!!

Rush home because raid night starts half an hour before I get off work. :/

Have sex so I can focus completely.

Deleted
    By pre raid ritual consists of a solo soggy biscuit