Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's too late - around a month too late.

If you cleared HC Uldir and have no interest in Mythic raiding, there is literally nothing to do.

And don't even get me started with that pre-drafted response of "achievements, mounts, pet battles, farming old raids, etc."

With the upcoming xp req nerf i am waiting in the alts department, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Only a month to release, class reworks still haven't been fully announced (e.g. Enhance) let alone gathered feedback on and iterated on. Nothing done to address the gross tank/healer imbalance.

Islands and Warfronts are still up in the air. No real M+ changes.

Their heads are too much in the Azerite sands that they've forgotten about the rest of the game. I feel like 8.1 will end up being more of a sloppy, rushed mess than 8.0.

Why doesn't Blizzard just wait a few more weeks till after the Christmas holidays before they release this make or break patch?

Do you believe that 8.1 is being released too soon? Should it be pushed back to next year?
    No,its already late

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    4 months after release of the expansion, and it doesn't even have a raid? Just a warfront and invasions. No, definitely not too soon. Should've been released in October.
    Er, 8.1 has two raids: Battle of Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    Er, 8.1 has two raids: Battle of Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms.
    The raid doesn't launch until after the new year. Rumor is January or even February at the latest.

This is going to be the death knell of BFA. I'm basically done with the game until then.

8.1 should have dropped after blizzcon with the raid dropping on December 11th. Instead, we have two more months of this boring ass raid.

Uh, how about no?

It can't come fast enough. In fact I argue that the raid should come out before the end of 2018 as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hataro7 View Post
    The raid doesn't launch until after the new year. Rumor is January or even February at the latest.

This is going to be the death knell of BFA. I'm basically done with the game until then.

8.1 should have dropped after blizzcon with the raid dropping on December 11th. Instead, we have two more months of this boring ass raid.
    If it's the death knell, then wouldn't you be done with the game forever...?

If BFA wasn't a rushed a buggy mess at launch, then the patch probably could have come out a bit earlier than what is planned. However, BFA had so much broken crap to it that this patch needs that extra month of work on it. If it came out shortly after blizzcon, it would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Too soon?

How about nearly two months too late.
    Certainly not too late, not at all. 7.1 came too fast and that's what their fixing with 8.1 and the later the release of the raid, there's not even 1% of guilds worldwide who've cleared Mythic and what little content there is in 8.1 isn't going to be anything special for the casuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Too soon?

Basically this.

I do think the raid is being released a touch too soon though assuming it's coming in January.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, as for the patch date its fine. As for the raid release, I think the next tier should open 2 months after the last Hall of Fame achievement is completed, in this case was 11/5, so the new raid would open 1/7/19. (2 days after the 2 month mark cause reset day). I think that would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Certainly not too late, not at all. 7.1 came too fast and that's what their fixing with 8.1 and the later the release of the raid, there's not even 1% of guilds worldwide who've cleared Mythic and what little content there is in 8.1 isn't going to be anything special for the casuals.
    8.1 is designed SPECIFICALLY for casuals, there's not a raid coming with it. It has a new WF, new Islands, improvements to the island expeditions, improvements to azerite, improvement to rep (specially the 100 rep thing). The only true "hardcore" thing is the vendor, which is being implemented all wrong anyway. 8.1 is basically fixes to make some of the systems bearable, and it's still not enough, and much too late.

(and yes, the specifically stated the raids would not be releasing with 8.1, but "beginning of the new year" which could basically be anywhere from January to end of March)

No, as soon as they released the date of 8.1 and then added the fact that the raid wasn't coming out until Winter 2019, my guild went on Hiatus.

They have tried to entice people to do WQ again but even at 1k AP I still find it difficult to go out and do them. Expeditions are fun, but only for a bit, after a bit of time they just get repetitive (Rare to Rare, Oh rare event where Rares spawn, Rare to Rare). Uldir has been fun, would have liked if they added a Shortcut to Zul or Myth for killing Ghuun 4 times or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    8.1 is designed SPECIFICALLY for casuals, there's not a raid coming with it. It has a new WF, new Islands, improvements to the island expeditions, improvements to azerite, improvement to rep (specially the 100 rep thing). The only true "hardcore" thing is the vendor, which is being implemented all wrong anyway. 8.1 is basically fixes to make some of the systems bearable, and it's still not enough, and much too late.
    Most of what you mention is nothing new.

Islands are always going to be Islands, there's no improvements being made because they're terrible and unfun to begin with, they haven't fixed the problem that the best way to get rewards is to lose and only kill the rares that spawn, they haven't fixed that groups of 2 can kick a 3rd because they're not complying with wanting to lose. Also new Islands don't make them any less terrible.

The WF is a copy/pasta of the Warfront in Arathi, going to be boring, bland, and nothing special. They didn't add anything interesting to this to improve the gameplay problems behind warfronts, they didn't fix issues with people wanting to que with their friends(when there's more than 5), they didn't change the pace of the warfront.

The improvements to Azerite aren't coming until the raid releases.

So basically account rep for an achievement...I'm sure all the casuals are ecstatic about that /eyeroll
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Too soon?

Exactly, 8.1 is more of a hotfix than a patch. (I don't care of the content it brings)

Too soon?

Uhm not really? I get the system changes like azerite gear being necessary, but everything else 8.1 brings comes at the right time. Four months of 8.0 is more than good enough for the amount of content it has. Some of us have lives, and we are fine with paced content, unlike you.

Most of what you mention is nothing new.

Islands are always going to be Islands, there's no improvements being made because they're terrible and unfun to begin with, they haven't fixed the problem that the best way to get rewards is to lose and only kill the rares that spawn, they haven't fixed that groups of 2 can kick a 3rd because they're not complying with wanting to lose. Also new Islands don't make them any less terrible.

The WF is a copy/pasta of the Warfront in Arathi, going to be boring, bland, and nothing special. They didn't add anything interesting to this to improve the gameplay problems behind warfronts, they didn't fix issues with people wanting to que with their friends(when there's more than 5), they didn't change the pace of the warfront.

The improvements to Azerite aren't coming until the raid releases.

So basically account rep for an achievement...I'm sure all the casuals are ecstatic about that /eyeroll
    Just because you don't like the improvements doesn't mean they're not making them. 8.1 is useless to me, I've been unsubbed for the first time ever since less then 2 months into the expansion (since Raiding, the content I enjoy, is not rewarding anymore), but just because their changes don't pertain to me doesn't mean they aren't making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Exactly, 8.1 is more of a hotfix than a patch. (I don't care of the content it brings)
    Oh so just because the content isn't to your liking, the patch is a hotfix? What a stupid statement.

No, in fact I wish it was coming out sooner. The rep changes and xp changes are something I'm really looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just because you don't like the improvements doesn't mean they're not making them. 8.1 is useless to me, I've been unsubbed for the first time ever since less then 2 months into the expansion (since Raiding, the content I enjoy, is not rewarding anymore), but just because their changes don't pertain to me doesn't mean they aren't making them.
    You calling them "improvements" doesn't make them improvements. The community is very vocal about how terrible Islands are and how boring Warfronts are. So no, nothing they've done is an improvement.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

90% of the stuff coming in the patch should have been there on release. So too soon ? Nope

You calling them "improvements" doesn't make them improvements. The community is very vocal about how terrible Islands are and how boring Warfronts are. So no, nothing they've done is an improvement.
    Most of the people who come around here aren't the "casuals" that type of content is aimed at, most people who use outside of game resources aren't casual. People like me, and maybe you? who like things on the more "hardcore" side, probably just need to accept that the game is not being made for us anymore and just be done with it.