Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Problem was the DEVS missed to/did not have time to fix an enormous amount of bugs reported early in Beta, tons of bugs went live.
    Not to mention balancing feedback too.

BfA was one of their sloppiest releases bug and glitch wise.
    Ouch. /10chars
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    A Beta will be good because I know a lot of classic die hards will want everything in game to be perfect and even Blizzard said they wanna hear from the community. So having them test it out will be for the better.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    If you watched the blizzcon panel you'd understand why they need a beta for classic. There are potentially tons of bugs that they simply don't have the time to find themselves alone. Mostly missing/wrong colors, textures, lighting, ui elements, tooltips, animations and so on. None of these are related to the old vanilla, as they will appear due to old code meeting modern framework. What you remember from vanilla won't matter at all, since it's all up to discovering oversights from the fusing.
    Got to love these kind of comments "if you watched the blizzon panel" my question wasn't weather or not it WOULD happen it was what people would want to see and in what format would the Beta be.

But thank you all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Primarily Nost even though they got Onyxias breath pattern wrong.
    Nost wasn't really Blizzlike at all, even their dev's said so in various interviews. A lot of backend data was guesswork. They tried to be as Blizzlike as they could be, you have to give them that, but something being the way it is on a private server doesn't mean it was like that in Vanilla. Due to that you don't really want to have private server players report "bugs" of give feedback because it was like that on Nost or whatever other pserver. You wan't ppl to report stuff with evidence bases off actual Vanilla servers, and for some stuff there won't be any evidence that can be validated. Only Blizzard can Validate that stuff from their own sourcecode and databases.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Nost wasn't really Blizzlike at all, even their dev's said so in various interviews. A lot of backend data was guesswork. They tried to be as Blizzlike as they could be, you have to give them that, but something being the way it is on a private server doesn't mean it was like that in Vanilla. Due to that you don't really want to have private server players report "bugs" of give feedback because it was like that on Nost or whatever other pserver. You wan't ppl to report stuff with evidence bases off actual Vanilla servers, and for some stuff there won't be any evidence that can be validated. Only Blizzard can Validate that stuff from their own sourcecode and databases.
    Which is why I say none of these people who had played on those servers have ever been playing Vanilla. Just a crude replica by people looking to make money off donations and gold/item sales before vanishing in the night.

On topic: An open beta a month or two before launch to make sure all the kinks are worked out is very likely. It's not like they are releasing an expansion, so there shouldn't be a need for as much feedback or testing as there usually is meaning a closed beta should be skipped.

Open beta so we can test addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhanzai View Post
    Open beta so we can test addons.
    You will have a solid month of leveling to test addons and build a ui. Itll be fine. Closed Beta specifically to test the effects of new back end on the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Got to love these kind of comments "if you watched the blizzon panel" my question wasn't weather or not it WOULD happen it was what people would want to see and in what format would the Beta be.

But thank you all the same.
    Which I replied to further in my comment. Got to love when people only read 1/6 of the paragraph. I mentioned blizzcon because they explicitly stated why a beta will be necessary, thus also implying the format of open beta. The more people testing, the more areas are tested.
    Last edited by Contego; 2018-11-09 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony