Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It included pre-sales. There was no secret about it at the time. Surely you can imagine they understand how to count pre-sales.

"Fan reactions at Blizzcon" were among those who tried the demo. Many generally liked it once they played it a bit. There is about an hour long video of actual play posted over in the Diablo forum on this site. It looks OK. Certainly better than the rather hysterical reaction to it warrants.

It will not of course be for everyone. It will be for a rather new audience for Blizzard games. The "How dare they expand their market and not give me my pound of flesh" reaction is entirely predictable. And I agree, Blizzard could have handled all of that in a better way.

But new audiences are how you grow and you release games for markets where a lot of people are. The MAU numbers showing that Blizzard games entirely count for a little more than 10% of Activision's monthly active users is an interesting piece of information.
    i wish they had broken King (candy crush) down in that (or maybe they did later). Presumably that is one of the most played mobile games in the world.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdash View Post
    You realise some phones have spec equivilent to an I3 or I5 right?
    How much are those phones? How many people are willing to dish out that kind of money for a f*cking phone? How big are they? Phones will never get even close to PC's when it comes to playing games.

hahah it has begun ;

Many top mobile games are based on IP originally created for console and PC, so the company is investing in mobile releases for Activision and Blizzard fanchises

They are spinning it. Such is life I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    i wish they had broken King (candy crush) down in that (or maybe they did later). Presumably that is one of the most played mobile games in the world.
    It would have been high. It's well to remember while many here yammer on endlessly about D:I and mobile games, Monthly Active Users is a standard industry metric as is engagement measured in how many times a game is accessed and for how long. The quickest way to irrelevance financially is to not adjust your product to the prevailing metrics of whatever business you're in.

Blizzard's MAU numbers were surprisingly low in one sense (lower than I expected anyway) but a lot of people here forget that Blizzard while an important piece of the business is only a piece. COD moves more financial news than some mobile game that isn't even out yet ever will. It's stupid to think otherwise.

ATVI may have missed its revenue targets for the last quarter and downgraded their estimates for the next but they're still doing fine.

I haven't looked at the details of the financial presentation but I doubt that very much is broken out into separate studios and games. That's the whole point of corporate conglomerates: spread the bad news around with the good news.

It's of a piece with the "subscription metric" for WoW, which no one on Wall Street gives one fuck about. Which is why they don't report it any longer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/acti...ive-users.html

As expected the "markets" arent buying it.
    interesting the 10% drop in active users, Wonder how many are from WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/acti...ive-users.html

As expected the "markets" arent buying it.
    interesting the 10% drop in active users, Wonder how many are from WOW?
    Im have almost not clue about the market but 4 quarter is when they will have to account for WoWBFA launch and CoD release.

So the Stocks will go up again. The new state that if you read it.
    So what really meter is the Q4

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    "A universal cooking recipe will allow you to use Sanguicell in place of rare fish for the highest level of raid feasts"

Mmm tasty... give me a break. What a terrible decision
    wait what??? you crazy, is a super cool change. I can use the stupid amount of Sanguicell i get from heroic and mythic to craft feast now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA digital upgrade now down to 14 pounds from 52 pounds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    BFA digital upgrade now down to 14 pounds from 52 pounds
    nearly 75% off?

is this a normal price cut a few months into an expansion?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/Glm8pc0fDUc

Those fans at blizzcon sound so happy with Immortal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    nearly 75% off?

is this a normal price cut a few months into an expansion?
    have no idea my launcher updated and this was splashed up.
    made a bet with my brother Ion will be gone by spring 2019. they wont dare do a panic move right now

"Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Was there another BlizzCon that I wasn't aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    KK. I'll note that there's no point responding further, as you have none.
    Yes, I know what hearthstone is. Blizzard also has wow companion mobile apps and authenticator mobile apps. I clearly meant that this would be their first full on mobile title.

I'm not denying anything you said, but what you said doesn't change the fact that working closely with a company like Netease will be invaluable.

Stop trying to pick a fight with me and read what I actually said dipshit.

Well someone at least have a win situation in all of this.Path of Exile community.I am sure the developers of this were shaking in their boots before Blizzcon happened thinking on how many customers will they lose if Diablo 4 were to be announced,but Blizzard actually delivered its customers to them by announcing mobile platform game.

I remember months ago i was watching Rhykkers video about a new game coming called Wolcen who supposedly will compete with Diablo 4 and PoE.Well now the competition for playerbase is between Wolcen and PoE. this is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr3G7M_pqqE&t=1184s

I played Diablo 3 since the game launched for 2 seasons just after real money ah was taken down and a bit after necromancer update was added.But nowadays the game gets nothing new except starting new seasons so i stopped playing all together.I don't know what keeps the players motivated in launching Diablo 3 nowadays knowing a few months later a new season begins and u have to start all over again.

Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.

Blizz... You know it's illegal to lie to investors, right?

The major story arc for an expansion is planned out months to years in advance.
    Oh, Blizzard... when will you learn that that is literally the worst possible way to write a story? That's how you get contrived shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

There's more to creating a story than just listening to the community's perspective. Stories must have highs and lows then invoke different emotional responses from many different people in order to be meaningful and that means sometimes having frustrating moments which may be upsetting to some fans.
    There has to be a balance between highs and lows in a story.
    And this is just a bunch of meaningless poetic sophistry that serves no purpose but to excuse a terrible story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Oh, Blizzard... when will you learn that that is literally the worst possible way to write a story? That's how you get contrived shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is just a bunch of meaningless poetic sophistry that serves no purpose but to excuse a terrible story.
    you can tell when they started this, in wotlk. prior to that, the overall story was almost a side-event to explain the instances and latest raid bosses. in wotlk they started using those npc bosses that had been sitting in org/sw for years (bolvar, saurfang etc) and making up stories about them.

they are writing a story like a mass-market tv show - lots of ups and downs, some drama, some characters you hate but might stick around to see get what they deserve, comic-book dialogue, and a targeted audience emotional maturity level of around 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    And a clear message to blizzard fans across all franchises.

DON'T YOU GUYS NOT HAVE PHONES???
    Nope. I spend my technology budget on my PC and keep my phone for as long as possible until it blows up cause who gives a shit about mobile games. When I am not home when do I play a mobile game?? Driving to work?? Illegal and not possible. Lunch break? I have 30 minutes and that includes getting to the place, eating my food, and getting back. Who is this game for? Diablo is about grinding for hours. If people can sit down at a charging station for hours under Wifi why not juts play on PC/console or even the switch now.

Deleted
    I know everyone is bitching about mobile games, but it's not like they're MOVING TO mobile games, they're ADDING mobile games to their portfolio, which is smart especially looking at competition.

NCSoft also had their earnings call and they made an absolute shit ton of money off the Lineage 2 Mobile game, so much so that they're also going to make mobile games based on Aion and Blade & Soul, as well as new original mobile mmo's, which will exist besides new PC based Aion 2 and Blade & Soul 2 which are also planned.

As our mobile devices become more powerful year after year, our wireless connections become better and more stable, and the video games these device can handle become more expansive and more graphically intense, then it would be dumb for a video game company like Blizzard not to move into the mobile market with an already existing IP that is suited for such a game, it doesn't mean that there will never be a Diablo 4 for PC, or that all future Blizzard games from now on are going to be just mobile games, it just means that mobile games become part of Blizzard's line of games.