Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol people use mountain giants now?
    https://liquipedia.net/warcraft/Patch_1.30.0

A shit ton of units that got buffed in that patch now show up.

-1 Food and Taunt buff kinda does wonders, they're just massive walls to overcome and the only unit type that counters them (Big Melees like Tauren / Knights) are rarely built, let alone in great numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Is Pit lord still a joke? I think I have seen it a few time as a third hero and that's it.
    Yes and no.
    Pit Lord is basically a DotA Carry now, you laugh at him at first, but once he hits 5 and has enough Dps items, he just cleaves your army.

Grubby tried Pit Lord in his stream post buff a few times alongside Unholy Frenzy, might not be a Meta Strat, but holy shit that cleave damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    It will ship with World Editor again though new advanced options will be available.
    But the great thing is maps made with current World Editor are 100% compatible with WC3:R as long as no hacky things were used by the map maker.
    The reason is that they're not making a completely new world editor, its just the same world editor again but with some updates.
    I'm planning to mod the game and make a 4th faction (like the mods that came after WC3) so if it's gonna be just as user-friendly as the previous world editor (though we do need to edit the core files still for some of the elements like adding factions and stuff) then I'm actually super hyped for this. imported models from WoW can also be used as unit models with some minor edits.

YES! *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Fun question, which campaigns in WoW would you love to see expressed in RTS format? The Battle for the Sunwell from TBC? The Siege of Orgrimmar?
    The world editor is returning so you should be able to make your own versions with enough time, patience, and learning.

Fun question, which campaigns in WoW would you love to see expressed in RTS format? The Battle for the Sunwell from TBC? The Siege of Orgrimmar?
    Nothing directly from WoW. I actually hope future campaigns explore the time between War3 and WoW, as well as more historical events.

Show me Rend's journey back to Blackrock spire, fighting with the Dark Iron and how he came to serve Nefarian. Show me the Silver Hand splintering into the Argent Dawn and Scarlet Crusade. Show me how the Night Elves put Fandral in charge and how he was able to convince the druids to grow Teldrassil while subverting Malfurion and trapping him the Nightmare.

Then there's the more epic scale events like War of the Ancients and War of the Shifting Sands which would be fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    The world editor is returning so you should be able to make your own versions with enough time, patience, and learning.
    A year or two ago i found a modded campaign that was basically the worgen starting experience from genns and crowleys perspectives including a low poly gilneas and wrogen. lost it in a hdd failure but wish i could find that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Thousands of hours again goes back to my original post though, you can't judge the generic userbase on your own standards, not many people are going to put thousands of hours into a game, there are only 3 games in my entire life that have gone over 1000h numbers, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 and WoW. The replayability of a game is a subjective point, most people who played Warcraft 3 and considered it one of the greatest games might have only played through the campaign, and some of them might not have even completed it.

Warcraft 3 was a great game, but just because you feel it's so great that you could potentially put thousands of hours into it that doesn't mean other people will. Lets say someone puts 20 hours into a game, a 20 hour mediocre game could be passable entertainment but most people would prefer a 10 hour incredible game, even moreso if it is someone who already has limited time.

If I bought WC3 it would be purely to play through the campaign again, there reaches a point of pricing where I might as well just go replay the original if I want to do that.. You can't pin unrealistic standards on people to justify your point of view when you're criticising someone suggesting the game might cost too much, it costs more than one would expect for a remaster of an old game.
    WC3(especially if you include dota), Rift, dota2, WoW, and LoL here.

gonna play the fuck out of remastered.

Wonder if they will let us rebind the hotkeys.
    It wasn't in original wc3 but it is/was an open secret all the pros do/did it

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    It wasn't in original wc3 but it is/was an open secret all the pros do/did it
    Hardly an open secret.

However, i think most pro's actually didn't do it, because the manual setup was one massive pain, most people just used customkeys, which however had to be downloaded and computers used in tournaments didn't have it, therefore most pros simply adapted to the standard keybinds.

never played any of the rts, so i'm kinda excited to play through this.

can't pass up that meat wagon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Hardly an open secret.

However, i think most pro's actually didn't do it, because the manual setup was one massive pain, most people just used customkeys, which however had to be downloaded and computers used in tournaments didn't have it, therefore most pros simply adapted to the standard keybinds.
    Blizz stopped doing tournies for so long.

wc3arena and a few other servers allowed it which is where most pros played

Blizz stopped doing tournies for so long.
    Yeah, but a lot of pro's sticked to it because they have gotten used to it.

wc3arena and a few other servers allowed it which is where most pros played
    Wcarena is dead anyway, i mean it's not forbidden or anything, it' an option in the game's menu, the issue is that writing the .Txt required to change keybindings is a bit of a hassle, instead of having a clean menu where you can set the keybindings yourself.

I just can't wait to see this remade... <3

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I just can't wait to see this remade... <3
    Not to mention this one:

I really can't wait for the TFT Orc campaign. Its going to be amazing in update graphics

There's a lot really.

Alterac Valley, with maybe some Southshore vs Tarren Mill classic action beforehand to set things up.

The War of the Shifting Sands would be epic as well.

Offensive on the Lich King from Wrath, uniting different factions before a massive final battle to breach Icecrown.

Cata has a few ideas, such as Forsaken vs Gilneas.

The Throne of Thunder storyline, some AvH missions tossed in with attacks on Mogu and Zandalari for a lot of variety. Maybe an alt-history final mission where you fight Lei Shen as a super-unit that can solo armies.

Really I could go on for some time.

Is there a possibility that WC3 + Reforged can have its own subforum on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I really hope WCR includes TFT. I want to watch Arthas becoming the Lich King in current level of CGI.
    And also hope they will turn Arthas vs Illidan into cinematic, like it was intended originally.
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss, that would be enough reason to buy it for me

Quote Originally Posted by ghost wrekk View Post
    It does include TFT (source: https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/). Can't wait!
    that sold it to me

It looks like it includes all the extra content that was added later as well, so that's nice.

While a discount for owners of WCIII wouldn't hurt I don't know how you could prove that on a mass scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not to mention this one:

I heard the reason this cinematic was made the way it was, was because Blizzard ran out of time. In my opinion I honestly think this was Blizzard's worst cinematic they have ever done at the time, 15 years later, I stand by that... :P

So yes would love to see this redone :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I heard the reason this cinematic was made the way it was, was because Blizzard ran out of time. In my opinion I honestly think this was Blizzard's worst cinematic they have ever done at the time, 15 years later, I stand by that... :P

So yes would love to see this redone :P
    They will redo it into a high quality in-game cutscene. I doubt they will make it ino full CGI. That's too expensive.