Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalha View Post
    That doesnt seem a good way to sell a product.

"Guys, just spend your money on this garbage while we do something great".
    That's kinda what they did with Elder Scrolls though. They showed of a mobile title that was pretty far in development and then a video that was some generic landmass and a title. Blizz probably wouldn't have even had that for D4, but a reiteration that they have other projects and saying that this is the first one to be arriving would have likely gone over better on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Not the blind rage on the internet.
    No, not exactly "blind rage", lol.

It's a decent game.
    I'm sure it's a serviceable product, considering it's just a reskin of a Chinese mobile game.

I had the same experience at the con, no one had anything bad to say about the game itself. It's pretty fun with cool mechanics.
    No one is upset about the game being good or bad. People are upset that it's a mobile-only installment of a PC game franchise that hasn't had a proper sequel in like 6-7 years or something and that we were all lead to believe there'd potentially be a large unveil at Blizzcon (despite Blizz's insistence nothing would happen, they were hinting that something would happen in other ways).

People are rightfully angry at this product because it's a shill game and because of Blizzard's absolutely unacceptable reaction to fan disappointment. Your next-level fanboy cronyism is revolting.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-11-09 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And you're right about the business model. Again, because it's a mobile game it's going to be plagued with a predatory, scummy business model. I've seen how Blizzard monetizes their F2P games like Hearthstone and HotS, and monetizes loot boxes for Overwatch, as well as makes money off microtransactions in the WoW cash-shop. I have ZERO faith that this mobile game is somehow going to be a shining beacon of fairness and generosity.
    To be fair, they are selling Hearthstone in the same way Wizards does Magic: The Gathering or Nintendo does the Pokémon TCG, so that's just as scummy as those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Bolded the contradiction.
    People with adult bodies*
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Seriously wtf does this mean

"fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Is trump running blizz now too?

fucking pathetic.
    I knew retail diablo/wow is played by dems only (LGBT).

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    No one is upset about the game being good or bad. People are upset that it's a mobile-only installment of a PC game franchise that hasn't had a proper sequel in like 6-7 years or something and were all lead to believe there'd potentially be a large unveil at Blizzcon (despite Blizz's insistence nothing would happen, they were hinting that something would happen in other ways).
    Eh, it fits all the signs that people were pointing to as an example for a big Diablo announcement though: It's a brand new title that would have it's own demo area that would be unmarked to generally avoid leaks and stuff. It being a band new title would also mean that it would likely be thrust front and center and give the Diablo franchise another panel to talk specifically about it. We just also never considered it would be a mobile game (given the company) and were getting hyped over a new PC title. Blizzard then proceeded to botch the hell out of anything related to the game, which hurt immensely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    People with adult bodies*
    Considering a ton of kids play the game... It's still a bit of a contradiction mate.

Well, we all know whats true, but it will make alot of money anyway we cant do anything about it, just sigh...
    I havent got a good announcement on blizzcon since d3

Considering a ton of kids play the game... It's still a bit of a contradiction mate.
    Considering that adults kill time by playing the game (more than kids even), no it's actually not contradictory at all. What are you talking about?

Considering more adults play the game than kids, no it's not.
    [Citation Needed]
    Plus, it's a game series that's always been targeted for kids and a mobile title that's been dumbed down considerably from the original games. So again: contradiction.

[Citation Needed]
    Plus, it's a game series that's always been targeted for kids and a mobile title that's been dumbed down considerably from the original games. So again: contradiction.
    [Citation Provided]

I said adults will use DI to kill time just like how they use PG to kill time. This is a fact. You're literally creating your own argument for something that wasn't said. So again: not a contradiction.

Try harder.

[Citation Provided]

I said adults will use DI to kill time just like how they use PG to kill time. This is a fact. You're literally creating your own argument for something that wasn't said. So again: not a contradiction.

Try harder.
    No, the argument was Pokémon Go is for those with Adult Brains. I disagreed.

No, the argument was Pokémon Go is for those with Adult Brains. I disagreed.
    Again, try reading a little bit better. I said people with adult brains use it. They do use it. My statement is a fact.

You invented your own argument, which I'm not contesting, so you're arguing with yourself at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    So you are drawing a conclusion based on a photo of a single moment of a convention that spans two days. Simply because it matches your narrative.
    As people have already said in this thread, if you go to ANY Con and there's no line and nobody playing it(yes, at any given time) then there's a reason; the reason in this case is because it's a bad game.

I remember the year Warlords was being demo'd there was always a line of 100+ people and many people were saying that they were getting right back in line for more playtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I remember a time when Blizzard got so devastated by the lack of a positive reaction at a convention that they retooled their entire game and made one of the most successful e-sports ever made, StarCraft 1. All because of the slogan "WarCraft in space". How times have changed.
    i hate that i'm too old to remember that
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Following =/= sales.

You also have to realize that they include the free copies from the annual pass, along with RoS sales, and console sales in that number.

Tetris is the best selling game of all time, its following is also small. See the difference now? Hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fine to not love what they make. There's lots of stuff I dislike about their games. I call it blind rage because 99% of the negativity comes from people who haven't touched it. It's currently sitting at half a million dislikes. Even if 25% of the players at BlizzCon tried the demo, there's still 563k people disliking it just out of blind hatred.
    I'm guessing you choose to ignore where that so called hatred comes from considering you called it blind hatred.

lol

They're likely talking about the people who played it. Not the blind rage on the internet.

It's a decent game. Rhykker recently did a big analysis of the situation, and he said everyone he talked to liked the game. I had the same experience at the con, no one had anything bad to say about the game itself. It's pretty fun with cool mechanics.
    It can be the most awesome mobile game ever created...it's still a mobile game. And those are good for playing on the shitter, and maybe a few minutes in bed before going to sleep, and that's it.

To be fair, they are selling Hearthstone in the same way Wizards does Magic: The Gathering or Nintendo does the Pokémon TCG, so that's just as scummy as those games.
    MTG is the original loot box game. Before that I guess it was baseball cards.

But yeah, the grounding and history has always been scummy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    So...like me...you were there while Blizzcon was actually open instead of waiting til its closed to snap some BS images?

Yeah..I know...people are so desperate to hate on things they will literally do anything
    My fiance and I were also there and can confirm these images people keep posting are intentionally misleading. Certainly the Diablo Immortal demo area was not packed like others were but we walked by it many times (it was right in front of the Mythic stage after all), and saw plenty of people playing the demo. Totally fair to say it wasn't fully packed with a huge queue the whole convention but a far cry from these pictures that were obviously taken before the demo area was open or right before the convention closed.

They're saying people that played the demo had positive experiences.

It's anecdotal evidence and doesn't really mean anything, but it sounds nice if your an investor right?

In further news... Activision stock has dropped more than 30% since October 1st.

So that picture of the Immortal queues is horribly misleading. no time it was taken, or what day. It could have been taken early in the morning or late at night before the convention closed.

However for those that said they loved it and that the queues were massive, mobile games are deceptively 'entertaining'. They can be awesome to play for a couple of hours, but when you get to the meaty grind and when they start pushing MTX, they suddenly lose their popularity. Having an hour or so play test of a strictly controlled build will not be indicative of the final experience.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2018-11-10 at 12:49 AM.
    RETH