Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We have a "resource run" on a different day. We all get together in a raid group and on Discord, and farm mats for an hour or so. Some people herb, others fish. It's a lot less boring when you're all in a group and chatting on Discord.

Not giving their share = not good raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Where does that free stuff come from if the guild doesn't sell heroic carries?
    Guild weekly participation bonuses.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That one time bonus that doesn't add to much? And you'd think it would cover the price of everything for one player, much less for the entire guild? Have you checked the actual prices of consumables?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Back when i raided mythic everyone had to bring their own food and flasks, so we didn't have this problem.
    We of course had back-up food and flasks in case someone forgot to bring their own or we ran out from wiping for hours. But otherwise you had to bring your own or you'd not be brought along.
    That's what I'd do. "Everyone needs to have the +X stat food for their class and flasks for 3 hours (or however long your raid night is)."

Gold is still pretty easy - even on my enchanter, DEing the greens, blues and purples I get that I don't need I make tens of thousands per week. If they raid log or just do PVP... that's on them. HOW they get the gold for flasks and food is their issue, not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That one time bonus that doesn't add to much? And you'd think it would cover the price of everything for one player, much less for the entire guild? Have you checked the actual prices of consumables?
    It's close to 10k per week.

That's less than 9k Gold. You can't even do 1 pull for 9k Gold :-D

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    My guild hosts events where people get together to fish/farm mats together and socialize. I think they treat it like a competition and offer some rewards for it, wouldn't know since I just log in to raid. Maybe something like that could help you.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's close to 10k per week.
    Which doesn't even cover daily repair costs for 20 people. You want to buy raid consumables for that? You'd need 10 times that amount, at least. Well, unless your raiding has no wipes at all, at which point you should be doing mythic carries anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Which doesn't even cover daily repair costs for 20 people. You want to buy raid consumables for that? You'd need 10 times that amount, at least. Well, unless your raiding has no wipes at all, at which point you should be doing mythic carries anyway.
    Covers flasks and a few feasts.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about your realm's economy, but I couldn't even buy one flask for the entire raid for that amount of money. That's one hour (two for alchemists). Where do you even fit feasts into that, I do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    I'm on a great raid team. We're almost done with Mythic Uldir. Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts. Even at rank 3, these require a lot of mats. So many that I think Blizzard's intention was to make it a pot luck thing. They're one of two options for primary stat buffs. Buying them isn't an option (mats or feasts). Gold earning in game isn't enough to pay for enough of them. We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.

We're thinking of recruiting raiders who are equally good, making the farming requirement clear, and then slowly phase the mooches out. But I know that can backfire, so I came out here for other suggestions.
    Collect all BoE's that drop in raid for the first 2-3 weeks of a tier to fund cauldron and flask. If someone doesn't want to hand it over kick em outta the guild cause that's some selfish shit, and selfish players are the ones who pad meters and don't do mechanics properly.

We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.
    They aren't your top raiders.

The guild has set expectations for everyone in the raid to meet, and they aren't meeting them. They need to be benched until they change their ways, and replace them if needed.

Rules that go unenforced, stop being rules, and it will make you appear the villain for expecting everyone to perform to expectations.

Down from "free flasks/food/potions/runes etc". Don't know about your server but mine is about 1k per flask, 2k feast, 400 per pot, 500 per rune.

1 try with a 15men raid needs: 2000g feast, 12000g pots, 7500g runes = 21500g without flasks.
    Hell even flasking up can't be done with 10k gold because you need 12 flasks per cauldron.

If they're not willing to farm/buy the mats then it's not unreasonable to say donate gold direct into guild bank then. Failing that tell them to farm their own food, with the amount of re-origination stacks you have now the amount of dps lost from not having optimal food is completely negligible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    My guild does Donation drives for things that are needed every month and earn enough gold/ mats to provide the feasts and other raid stuff to each member. The top donators get a prize usually a cool pet or mount something like that from the G bank of cool stuff.
    Ditto for my guild, and while the drive is optional, we make it very clear that non-participants are option out of loot/raid spot priority.

Just replace one of your normal raids with a mandatory fishing raid - problem solved.

There is always users, most people dont give, need to have farm evens or tax

They contribute by earning the guild 1000 gold per week. The guild SHOULD pay for it.
    That's probably the most clueless response I've seen on multiple WoW forums this year. Bravo.

(Look up the material costs for feasts, flasks, and potions before replying again, please)

I'm on board with those saying to sell heroic G'huun carries for guild bank funds. Our guild's funded on selling AotC carries, too, and we're nowhere near as far as you in terms of mythic progression if you're nearing the end of Uldir.

That's horseshit, you mooch. All raiders should contribute, especially when the recipes require so many mats. Like mentioned earlier, it takes 10-15 minutes, but x 20, that would provide more than enough mats. The only thing I feel the guild should provide is repair money (and we do.)

We did talk to them individually. They are well aware of the situation.

We mentioned selling heroic carries when we first brought up the mats issue, and most opted to do some farming instead. They'd like our heroic runs to be used for alts, which I understand.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I like the bench for an alt idea and the guild bank prize. I'll try those. If the mooches still don't contribute, we'll recruit replacements and phase them out for 8.1. Thanks again.
    The easiest solution is just to make it a guild policy that all boe's from both heroic and mythic clear that are not an immediate main spec upgrade are the property of the guild bank and will be sold to cover the cost of repairs/feasts/cauldrons(if you provide these). Give them a full 1 week warning so no one thinks it was just sprung on them, and then implement the policy.