Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have n taken break from time to time.. but they keep pulling me back with every exp promising bigger and better things....im trying im really trying ..lol.

I went back to RS for several years, but recently finally got sick of that and went back to WoW. I suspect this trend to continue once RS has built up enough content again.

For the longest time Minecraft was also up there. It wasn't any one update (since I can go back and play any whenever) but the sheer backlog of bookmarked custom maps I said I'd "try eventually" that eventually felt like a chore rather than an opportunity. By the time I got around to them I had lost interest. Such is my fickle mind. Same reason I have such a big Steam wishlist.

I have pretty much moved on from wow to now Skyrim, i almost never finish the story cuz i created like 15-20 characters variety. I just LOVE IT so much. I need to slap myself in face to cut it out and finish it.

BFA and I mostly play Warframe, Dota and a bunch of other random multiplayer and singleplayer Steam games.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I've never had any interest in moving on. I play other games when i want to play other games. It's pretty simple. I haven't played in a month or so but I always look forward to future releases.
    this pretty much. i might take a bit of a break once in a while to play another game, but i always look forward to new content and i actively play it. only time i took a major break was for MoP. stopped towards the end of cata and came back for the last patch of MoP

Path of Exiles.

I just got bored with the content that WoW seemed to be rehashing. Plus, if you play a game where the Devs actually listen to the players and give them what is good for the game, QoL stuff, the game is so much better. WoW devs have too much ego, they worry too much about being right and catering to the cash cow rather than the players.

I genuinely enjoy Path of Exiles, it can be a simple as you want, or as complicated as you want, depending on what you want to do with your gaming experience.

I stopped playing for 6 years halfway through cataclysm. I dabbled in several MMOs like SWTOR which I really liked for several years. Then I mostly stuck to single player games for awhile like Dragon Age and Skyrim.

I came back to WoW with the Classic announcement. Picked up at the end of Legion and have been enjoying the single player aspect of collecting mogs, reps, and class halls/garrisons from all the content i missed.

Never moved on from WoW. Simply went from being subbed 12 months a year to 3-6 months depending on the expansion and patches after Cataclysm.

I didn't get into another game per say, in the months I am not playing WoW, I just spend more time across multiple other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not moved on to another game so much as quit. fortunately I got diablo 3 with that one promotion they were doing so I have that or even counterstrike source or some older consoles if I feel the need to play something. the straw that broke the camel's back was time-gated flying. you want to make me work for something that's one thing, waiting without rhyme or good reason is something else entirely. especially after ghostcrawler saying the reason they wouldn't add certain transmog abilities at a given time was because they didn't want to give something to the player base only to take it away which is exactly what I feel has been done with flying, they've effectively taken away flying as I knew it.

edit: what they decided to do with personal loot was also a big deal to me. after years of people complaining about having loot "ninjad" rather than doing something they showed they could do by removing the need option on certain items they decided to make loot feel even less common than if you simply had to roll against ninjas.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2018-11-10 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    If you've successfully "moved on" from WoW for another game, what game is/was it? And when did you do this? And what was the final straw so to speak?
    I WISH I had something else to move on to. I don't do mobas, brs or battlefields, and single player games I tend to devour in a few weeks.
    WoW is literally what I play most of the time, and even I quit BFA after 13 years. Now my 2k euro PC is used for watching Twitch and Youtube and some Skyrim. Getting X4 on the 30th November and praying to God I don't play it for like an hour and then ask for a refund, because then I got nothing to play once more.

Will probably return to WoW when Zandalari become playable, so...Jan? Feb?

I don't know if this wasn't asked on other pages - probably was - but what do you expect from asking about people who moved on from WoW on a WoW dedicated forums...? It's like asking people if they no longer have their dogs and if they're enjoying cats on a dogs lovers meeting.

Quit during Cata and made an attempt at many other MMOs since then, TERA, AION, BnS, Wildstar, FFXIV, Rift, ESO (in no particular order). Most of the time I've spent on LoL and HotS, though. Played CS:GO quite a while. Turns out MMORPGs aren't really a thing for me anymore, can't find it in me to dedicate myself to grinding and keeping a regular schedule. Enjoyed BnS and Wildstar the most, particularly because of their combat systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The market is full of amazing games.

For me atm.

Vermintide 2
    Warhammer 2 Total War
    Grim Dawn
    Battlefield V

Now they just need to make a great pvp mmo, i miss WAR.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Check out Camelot Unchained, it's a spiritual successor to DAoC and (in some way) WAR as a massive RvR MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I have ~7k games played in LoL and ~500 games of PES 18 together with 950 days played across chars in WoW (still playing it)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

I am playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey as some sort of offline-solo-not-so-many-rpg and Total War: Warhammer II at the moment. I found no good MMO alternative. MMOs require some time and dedication to work out nicely, and none was good enough for me so far. I loved Legion, but Battle for Azeroth and this Diablo Immortal mobile game nonsense... so painful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Turns out MMORPGs aren't really a thing for me anymore, can't find it in me to dedicate myself to grinding and keeping a regular schedule.
    I hear you! I found sadly no MMO these days that makes me want to do that anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    I WISH I had something else to move on to.
    I found no MMO to move on either. It won't last forever, but I damn like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins. No worry, they are not very much like the the AC games you might know. More like some kind of single player action-not-MMO...^^ in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    I hear you! I found sadly no MMO these days that makes me want to do that anymore.
    I stopped blaming MMOs for that, TBH. There are many people that still enjoy plenty of other MMOs and CAN make themselves play it. I somehow can't, so it's likely that MMOs just lost that appeal for me. I still had no problem blowing hundreds of hours into the past few Total War games or HotS, with absolute certainty that I'll get back to them after a while. But when it comes to MMORPGs, I find myself completely burned out after a month or two, and since I know that with MMORPGs you can't really just quit and then get back on track right away, it feels like wasted effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

15+ Year Old Account
    PoE, Grim Dawn, Terraria (will be updated soon), Tropico (Tropico 6 coming in Jan), Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas (New California is amazing), Company of Heroes (still being updated), Xcom 1 and 2 (new DLC just came out), Men of War: Assault Squad 2 (new DLC just came out).

5+ year old tactical and RTS games are still getting updates on my end, so I'm doing okay.
    I also just now picked up Dark Souls 3 DLC.

I play a little NBA 2k on the side, but I stopped buying it years ago and got sick of manually updating the rosters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Theres way too many lore female waifus for me to keep safe i'll never quit WoW someone needs to give Jaina some loving and that's me
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The market is full of amazing games.

For me atm.

Vermintide 2
    Warhammer 2 Total War
    Grim Dawn
    Battlefield V

I miss WAR too.. I would be just scared they'd do another WAR in the Age of Sigmar setting which I find meh honestly.