Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(In)complete Mega List of Cool Places to Park Alts

With the Brutosaur mount freeing up having to be in capital cities, I have been enable to spread all my alts across the world and have sought out ideal, beautiful rest areas. I log in to each toon once a day to use profession CDs.

Here is a cursory list I have made and am looking for feedback, and any places I may have missed.
    I'm not an RPer, but this is a way to add color and flavor to an alt, give it a "home" and some meaning, and it can sync with the tmog. You can even alter the sound files to make the music "perfect." In a lot of cases, you have memories of a toon being somewhere - parking it there for good (until they go thru the levelling process) makes for a nice reminder. It's always nice to log in to a Tauren in Thunderbluff. It's like a living museum of your past decade.

Factors in what is "good," in order of importance
    -Rested area - kind of mandatory
    -Mountable for AH toon
    -Panoramic view
    -Quality of art design
    -Mailbox
    -Places with deep meaning to Warcraft
    -Nostalgia factor (subjective)

"☆" indicates best panoramic views

Class Halls - All are obviously included:
    Full mounting and mailbox: Druid
    Full mounting: Warriors DKs Warlocks Monks Shamans
    Mounting in certain area: DHs Hunters and Mages
    No mounting: Rogues priests
    Locations within each:
    DH - outside by flight path/port
    DK - outside by Lich King
    Druid - right at mailbox
    Hunter - Balcony with port to Dal
    Mage - on balcony
    Monk - right outside main bldg, overlooking area
    Paladin - just in cathedral, looking at altar
    Priest - at table
    Rogue - at BMAH
    ☆ Shaman - overlooking The Maelstrom, at Ancient Elemental Altar
    Warlock - up top
    Warrior - at table

Vanilla
    ☆ Booty Bay - outside where the captain stands on the Inn's ship prow there is a fantastic open area that is still rested
    Light's Hope Chapel (upstairs from the class hall)
    Alliance - Goldshire Inn, upstairs, Moon Guard - constant tomfoolery and shenanigans day and night
    Alliance - Stormwind - Mage Quarter, Wizard's Sanctum, with the huge cathedral ceiling (place where you zone in)
    ☆ Alliance - Stormwind - Anywhere high up
    Alliance - Old School Zidormi Darnassus
    Alliance - Ironforge - by the King, or up front by the statue entrance
    Alliance - Darkshire Inn, at threshold of entrance, looking out
    Alliance - Desolace - Nijel's Point Inn
    ☆ Alliance - Stonetalon Mountains - Inns at Tha'Dorah Overlook and Farwatcher's Glen
    Horde - Old school Zidormi Undercity, there is a mailbox right in the middle by the bank center
    Horde - Orgrimmar, anywhere high up
    Horde - Thunderbluff - top of the huge totem

BC
    Netherstorm - Stormspire - Old school "Goblins"
    Isle of Quel'Danas - rested and mountable Inn right by where you port in
    ☆ Shattrath - on one of the Aldor overlooks
    ☆ Alliance - Zangarmarsh - Telredor Inn, top of stairs on balcony
    ☆ Alliance - Nagrand - the roof of Telaar has a breathtaking open air view
    Alliance - Exodar - Vault of Lights

☆ Horde - Silvermoon - Court of the Sun
    Horde - Ghostlands - Tranquilien

WOTLK
    Argent Tournament Grounds
    Horde - Grom'arsh Crash Site - Great for frost mages!
    ☆ Horde - Borean Tundra - Warsong Hold - the roof is still rested! Great view and flava

Cata
    Azshara - Bilgewater Harbor (Goblin town)
    Hyjal - Nordrassil Inn underneath the World Tree

MoP
    The only indoor auctioneer that is truly breathtaking in its own right is Shrine of Seven Stars/Temple of Nine Moons in MoP
    Valley of the Four Winds - second floor of the inn at Halfhill

WoD
    The Garrison! So many wonderful memories!
    Shadowmoon Valley - Inn at Embaari Village, looking out
    Alliance - Stormshield - top of hill by flight path, view

Legion
    The Vindicar, right at the Navigation Console with the planetary view
    Suramar City - The Grand Promenade - There is a rest area at the Nightborne starter area with portals and a decent view
    Crumbled Palace - Azsuna

BfA
    Not really including this in the list, as none of it is nostalgia territory yet, but one place comes to mind - there is a rested area for Horde I believe out in the middle of nowhere in Drustvar

---

Wish List of Areas So Damn Great that it's a shame they aren't rested:

Vanilla
    The gem caves in Un'goro

BC
    Any outdoor area in Netherstorm or Blade's Edge

WOTLK
    Any area with a great view of ICC
    Grizzly Hills - Can't seem to find a great open air spot for this wonderful place
    What I wouldn't do for a 48th floor view of Storm Peaks overlooking Ulduar

Cata
    Gilneas!
    Azshara's Galliwyx' Pleasure Palace
    Feralas - Goblin Steam Pools resort
    Gnomeragan - Gnome starting area isn't rested
    Uldum has some great vistas that just aren't viewable in rested

MoP
    Any rested place in the Jade Forest that captures the soaring vistas

WoD
    Karabor
    Shattrath

Legion
    The View over Suramar from the Highmountain cliffs
    The statue in Stormheim

Blizzard devs obviously aren't saavy real estate speculators - so many inns have walls where there could be a fantastic view!

Possible Suggestion to Blizzard - offer an item some day that does what the WoD tents did and offer rested anywhere - but non-consummable. I know you want all the rabble to be in cities - so make it very expensive.

Always looking for new spots!
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2018-11-08 at 09:23 PM.

Plane of Growth, next to Tunare.

Oh you mean in WoW.

That's a lot of words just to brag about having a brutosaur mount.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    That's a lot of words just to brag about having a brutosaur mount.
    BRB changing title to "Do not read if you are salty about not having a Long Boi"
    Seriously though, bragging would be mounting it up outside an AH.

The Brutosaur is a side note. I had all this going before BfA, I had toons in all the areas I described, all on a spreadsheet, except for bank alts, obviously, but thanks for making me feel rich at least in the vidya games

Point is moot anyway. Eventually many many people will have one, like the Yak. Get one.

Cheers
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2018-11-08 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    STV - Waterfall that overlooks a Naga camp.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

I am actively using all of my alts to farm old raids, world bosses, and bfa WQs from time to time, I can't keep them in Africa. Need them to be close to civilization.

Westfall, at the secluded house + farm where the paladin quest used to be.

Honestly with alts all I need is a resting zone and there are plenty of those. I don’t need the auction house as I only gather and (barely) craft on my main.

The neglected zones are fun I guess, like Silithus and Ungoro.
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-11-09 at 04:49 AM.

Whenever I know I'm not gonna have time to play for a couple days or more I like to park my char(s) in the Den of Mortal Delights in Black Temple for r&r and like to imagine it's having one hell of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjo410 View Post
    Whenever I know I'm not gonna have time to play for a couple days or more I like to park my char(s) in the Den of Mortal Delights in Black Temple for r&r and like to imagine it's having one hell of a time.
    Wish it was rested. That would be the shit. Esp for a lock or DH. Moon Guard would move Goldshire to there (but tbh their level 1 ungeared toons wouldn't be able to make it through)

5+ Year Old Account
    I've always been fond of BC zones, especially Zangarmarsh and Netherstorm. What a shame that the little Goblin outpost near Tempest Keep doesn't have an inn... The view and the music there are second to none imo

I've also parked a couple of alts at OS Silithus (the only remaining intact zone from Vanilla) and at the Ebon Blade's stronghold in Icecrown Glacier.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I've always been fond of BC zones, especially Zangarmarsh and Netherstorm. What a shame that the little Goblin outpost near Tempest Keep doesn't have an inn... The view and the music there are second to none imo

I've also parked a couple of alts at OS Silithus (the only remaining intact zone from Vanilla) and at the Ebon Blade's stronghold in Icecrown Glacier.
    Seconds on TK. I was just there yesterday thinking... damn.. what a view of all the asembled Draenei ships
    RE: old Silithus, I also checked it out, and man I really wish there was a Inn window overlooking the big bug hive.
    Ebon Blade is great for nostalgia, sadly needs a lil attunement to get

10+ Year Old Account
    Pearlfin Village for the ambience and this music, primarily the part starting at 1:28. Combined with the water sounds and everything else, it's exquisite. Granted, anyone making noise would ruin it, especially mechanical mounts.

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The inn at Pearlfinn is pretty nice with open views. Interior design got a huge boost in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Plane of Growth, next to Tunare.

Oh you mean in WoW.
    I love you for this post right now.

Though I will always remember parking my half elf bard in cabilis without an illusion because I farmed those goddamn iksar footpads in field of bone forever...

and because I'm a glutton for punishment getting my iksar (sort of) into qeynos after blackburrow grinds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tavern of the Mists

OMG just found a new spot. The Lord'danel inn in Darkshore with a spectacular view of burning Darnassus....

I like to change darnassus back to before its destruction and hang out near the (central(ly located)) bank. Not very unique but most of the time there’s only a few lowbies nearby xD

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Garrison! So many wonderful memories!"

Well...........
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I would definitely put an alliance alt in Vengeance Landing in Howling Fjord, that place you're left off at the boat. The panoramic view of the dam and surrounding cliffs is one of the most breathtaking places in WoW to this day.

Depending on how long you intend to be on the alt you don't even really need the mailbox if you have katy's stampwhistle.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-11-11 at 03:02 PM.