Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

11 days (264 hours) to reach level 60

According to the largest private server, average time reach level 60 is around 11 days (264 hours)
    I know some speed levelers, like Joana, were doing it just under 5 days, 120 hours, back in the day.

I feel the 11 days played seems fairly accurate for Classic.
    I know it took me months on my Priest playing just a few hours a day at most.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

In vanilla it took me 3 months and i was first paladin and nr 6 on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's around 6-8, with good sharding in startzones at least, otherwise you can add a day or two extra.

Still yes it's a lot, if you play 2 hours a day, it'd take you 3 months, but that's part of why you feel so invested in vanilla chars and your first alt won't feel like such a throwaway you leveled when you were bored 1 weekend and actually put some thought into it.

And that was atleast 8 hours a day, probably more like 15. And I wasnt clueless i had done Final beta up to lvl 51 and korean beta before that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It's around 6-8, with good sharding in startzones at least, otherwise you can add a day or two extra.

Still yes it's a lot, if you play 2 hours a day, it'd take you 3 months, but that's part of why you feel so invested in vanilla chars and your first alt won't feel like such a throwaway you leveled when you were bored 1 weekend and actually put some thought into it.
    Also add a few days if you are not trying to maximum XP per hour.
    Doing group content will slow you down as you travel back and forth to dungeons, and find groups.

I can't wait.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

But i guess it was made easier fast? My alts went without struggle, or i just forgot... I first made a priest healer but when done guild wanted a druid rezer for raid and then i made a mage for pvp, and i never felt lvling was hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    But i guess it was made easier fast? My alts went without struggle, or i just forgot... I first made a priest healer but when done guild wanted a druid rezer for raid and then i made a mage for pvp, and i never felt lvling was hard
    I think the level speed remained the same throughout Vanilla.
    I leveled a Warrior for TBC, and that took a while also, but I don't remember when they started nerfing leveling.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

I think the first nerf came with silithius

Im leveling a mage right now and at lvl 50-55 i was getting 60k xp per hour aoeing grinding large groups in wpl. I don’t think I could do better questing. I’m at 5 days played right now at lvl 55, but I’m confident I could do 60 in <5 days if i wasn’t doing other shit like lvling profs and dungeons.

Ah, the grind. Looking forward to leveling a Classic feral druid again, and reaching 60 where I can be completely useless to every composition.

It also matters a lot if you're on a PvP server, if you're leveling professions, what class you are, and if you're rested.

But 250-300 hours is about right for PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Ah, the grind. Looking forward to leveling a Classic feral druid again, and reaching 60 where I can be completely useless to every composition.
    Less talking, more running the flag.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

First 60 inexperienced, but leveling minded: 10 days.
    2nd 60: 5 days
    3rd 60: 3 days

That's my guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying most people will ever actually reach level cap.

My first character was just over 30 days of /played on a mage before hitting 60 because I got sidetracked with low level BG's and dungeons a lot with friends. My second one to 60 back then was about 7 days /played on a rogue because I had already done everything and sped through it a lot more quickly and you could actually do some pretty large pulls if you leveled as Combat spec by using Blade Flurry and Evasion together. Stealthing through to quest objectives definitely sped it up a lot too in a time where objectives were normally a huge pain to get to.

Time to level will really just depend on class and knowledge. Players who played then or played on pirate servers will certainly have an advantage in leveling speed, but classes also make a difference. Not having to drink in between pulls and simply bandage puts a lot of melee on the faster side, and hunters with tank pets are fairly decent as well compared to priests who basically SW:Pain and wand things to death.

Most people also quested I think, quest exp was pretty bad. Some classes could level way faster just grinding mobs and ignoring quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    First 60 inexperienced, but leveling minded: 10 days.
    2nd 60: 5 days
    3rd 60: 3 days

That's my guide.
    3 days is not possible.
    The best 1-60 speed leveler of all time, Joana, world record best time was just under 5 days.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Most people also quested I think, quest exp was pretty bad. Some classes could level way faster just grinding mobs and ignoring quests.
    Blizzard said quests back then were an after thought. They just wanted you to grind mobs to 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time leveling in classic it took me just under 8 days, idk wtf yall are doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard said quests back then were an after thought. They just wanted you to grind mobs to 60.
    I've never heard this before. Do you have source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    First time leveling in classic it took me just under 8 days, idk wtf yall are doing
    Dungeons, exploring, PvP, enjoying the game, not worrying about it... all things that slow down the path to 60 leveling
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    We are remembering reality - that's what we are doing

A lot of private servers had adjusted levelling rates.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.