Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    No one has loyalty to both.
    You don't know 100% of every WoW player. You only know yourself and your opinion, and that is the only one you can speak for.

Nothing personal, but I legit don't really care about faction. If a race looks cool I'll play it. This is just a video game, but holy SHIT you Horde devotees legit can't stop begging, wanting, whining, and complaining. You wanted zandalari pallies? you got it. You lose Warlocks, since the lore would not permit them to even be a warlock, and pallies isn't enough. It's NEVER enough. lol
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    It was not fair for Horde to get unrestricted Warfronts while the Alliance didn't. But it happened.
    It was not fair for Horde to get unique models for their reputation mounts while the Alliance got a thousand horses with reused assets. But it happened.
    It is not fair the Horde can pull a 0.1% more numbers because of their Racials. But it is happening.

The Horde can take this hit and get over it.
    Doesn't bother me any, I was championing for Paladin, and I guarantee the Scenario to unlock them will be us helping them restore Rezan and that is why Paladin was hidden before now and it likely had very little to do with us asking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Gameplay often trumps lore, and I accept characters who role play outside of lore. I don't mind if characters are "snowflake heroes" as some recent poster suggested.

I'd just accept it as "some time later, that race trained under another" or whatnot.

EDIT: Actually, coming back to "physical restrictions make little sense," we get nearly every flavor or warrior, hunter (not monk, rogue or others further out). I don't see physical restrictions as far different than "but they don't do that in that culture!" especially RE: Gnomes are tiny warriors, Tauren are too big to sneak, etc.
    Gnomes have no reason why they can't train to be warriors. It's why even in vanilla they were available. Blood elves couldn't be warriors initially since the blood elves have very few members of their race that would want to pursue mastery of martial training over all other things; i.e. magic, which their culture is known for. Still it makes sense, since while there are few blood elf warriors, there are still enough to warrant a playable class for them.

Tauren being rogues doesn't make sense because "lolol big hooves", rather because tauren are totally and completely against the deceptive talents rogues are known by. Frankly I fully expect Grimtotem tauren rogues to exist, but those aren't playable.

And it's not a matter of 'snowflake' heroes. Some are literally impossible. A draenei warlock would be shunned from society if not outright killed/captured by the draenei for going against everything their society stands for. Undead druids literally cannot feasibly exist. Undead paladins, even, are a huge stretch as their existence would revolve around eternal agony the likes of which no being could realistically sustain.

And this doesn't even cover the amount of work it would require Blizzard to do so. For instance dwarf druids would require brand new models for every druid form as well as cultural inspiration for it; druids literally require that. Death knights and demon hunters require uinuqe racial customization to a massive extent. So on and so forth. Some classes are easier to give to new races than others; and coincidentally, warlock aside, most of those races have access to them to begin with.

Even if you think "Snowflake heroes" should exist, it's a bad idea. Period. And for the record, I really don't think it would improve the game or make classes more fun to just blatantly give every class to every race to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    I'll only give up when we got playable Forest Trolls, lol.
    So in other words no matter what Blizzard does you won't be appeased unless they add forest trolls (which they'll never do)?

At least you're honest about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Or Zandalari have their own fighting style unaffected by Pandaren. Draenei received a background for it in Argus , Jed'hin the wrestling is now their background for monks.

So Zandalari could be Jaguar warriors like Darkspears are cappoeira practicioners.
    If draenei and zandalari had their own fighting style, they would be fist weapon warriors, which already exist.

Draenei wrestling techniques of Jed'hin have nothing in common with pandaren monk training. They couldn't be more different. Yet, I imagine a master of Jed'hin would learn pandaren training more easily than, say, someone with no hand-to-hand training at all.

So you may as well just give up on that to begin with. Pandaren monk training is blatantly and explicitly pandaren in styles, especially since they include brewmaster and mistweaving techniques. If you want to play as a race with hand-to-hand fighting styles that aren't pandaren, just equip fist weapons as a rogue or warrior.

How the hell could that "error" happen?

What the actual fuck?!

And OF COURSE Blizz isn't manning up and admit the obvious (ie they realized how retarded their choices were) and have to spew an even stupider explanation "ho yeah, these things are TOTLY random errors"!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Of course they give in to all the shitheads on the forums crying about no Kul Tiran mages. Let's just ignore they actively hunt people for "witchcraft" in Kul Tiras. Let's ignore that Kul Tirans distrust the arcane pretty deeply and that's why Jaina had to be sent away to Dalaran to learn about magic rather than stay home and learn. Who cares about the lore right? "HERP DERP JAYNA IZ MAYJ. ALL KULTIRAN MAGE! STOOPID BLIZZ!!!!111!!!" Fuck I hate how toxic the WoW community has become.
    Gotha love that made up lore you pulled out of your ass there m8.
    First of all, Jaina wasn't sent away because Kultiran distrust Arcane, she was sent to DALARAN the CAPITAL of magic to learn under Antonidas, one of the bests.
    Second, the witchs AREN'T using arcanes.
    Third, Kulirans clearly have no problem with magic since they use a that with their priest, they also have shamans and are totally fine with druids.
    And last but not leat, NOWHERE IN THE LORE IT'S SAID KULTIRAN HATE MAGIC !

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah Blizz can go fuck themselves regarding the decision on Zandalari warlocks. it was on their website for months, it made it to the Blizzcon panel and now it is suddenly a "mistake"? I took the time to sort out what classes I wanted to play for each allied race and subsequently deleted other toons to make way for them. was working absolutely perfectly until this announcement. Had no double-ups when it came to races, and I already levelled my paladin to 120 because I was under the impression, at least from their website, that Zandalari Paladins wouldn't be a thing and Warlocks would be...

Don't look at me. I didn't complain!
    Aww, ok baby. I'm sorry.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Don't sass me. In case you wanna keep being a jerk, I suggest stopping now.

Horde has 80/Alliance has 81 race/class combos overall, so Zandalari warlocks would even things up. Remember when Alliance got gnome hunters?
    Yea.

And like, 3 people total play them.

Also, like 68% of all WoW players are Horde.

Like I said: it's <NEVER> enough for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly, for gameplay reasons, it would be better to just release race/class restrictions, they're so oldschool.
    Fuck that, seriously.

Might as well unlock all races for both factions while you're at it

Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Fuck that, seriously.

Might as well unlock all races for both factions while you're at it

Ew.
    It's not even the same thing, WoW is one of the few games that even adheres to such archaic things.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not even the same thing, WoW is one of the few games that even adheres to such archaic things.

Old doesn't make it bad. I like the restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Old doesn't make it bad. I like the restrictions
    You like being limited arbitrarily? Ok then

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    Zandalari had too many classes. To keep things fair they had to pull something. I'm actually shocked they gave a shit about being fair, since it's something that favored Horde.
    How is the Alliance have one more class/race option fair?
    Lightforged=5 Highmountain=5
    Void Elfs=7 Nightbourne=7
    Dark Irons=9 Zandalari=9
    Kyla Tiran=8 Mag’har Orcs=7
    They should have just left locks with Zandalaris. But obviously Alliance have to get more classes and allied racials (Zandalaris and orcs only get 4 racials) for it to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    Excellent news tbh, I prefer them make races more lore friendly than just slapping classes on that make little sense.
    There is nothing lore friendly about these changes, they are just bending over backwards to cry babies.. Paladins for Zandalari should have been unlocked at a later date even patch 8.1.5 when they resolved to rezan/voljin storyline after they restored a "royal" loa.

There is no basis for kul tirans to be warlocks or mages, Jaina literally had to move to Dalaran to study magic because she didn't have a way to learn it in KT. There is a reason why the boss in TD is titled "munition's expert" and not a mage even tho she is using fire spells because the team didn't want pull a mage out of their asses.

Warlocks are closer to witch doctors than shaman, so I feel like warlocks aren't farfetched. I think maybe the next set will even up the class/race combos for both factions.

Gotta love all the Alliance crying, thinking Void Elves should have paladins lol.

- - - Updated - - -

68%? It's nearly 1:1 right now, so check again.

The top players are 90% horde now. That's what I was mostly referring to. The pleb population plays both. I play both. Don't you play both?

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Zandalari have no connection to chi and yet can be monks...
    Technically speaking, Chi is just the spirit element internalized rather than externalized like shamans do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    time to go from zandalari paladin QQ to zandalari warlock QQ, yay
    Warlock QQ is more justified. I am biased but it was on official material for over a year.

And frankly paladins are less justified. Yea there's Rexan but he dies and as far as I can tell just cares about the royal line

- - - Updated - - -

Warlocks are closer to witch doctors than shaman, so I feel like warlocks aren't farfetched. I think maybe the next set will even up the class/race combos for both factions.

Gotta love all the Alliance crying, thinking Void Elves should have paladins lol.

- - - Updated - - -

68%? It's nearly 1:1 right now, so check again.
    Warlocks arent far fetched at all since I've been pelted with shadowbolts a few times by these trolls.

And the idea Zandalari arent connected to fel is wrong, only retconned by this recent decision

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Technically speaking, Chi is just the spirit element internalized rather than externalized like shamans do.
    well the pandarens know how to use it and hate zandalari

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    well the pandarens know how to use it and hate zandalari
    Which is a very fair argument and more than enough to disallow Zandalari Monks. Just saying they "don't have access to it" is a bit of a strech considering they can be shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    People want Zandalari to have all classes available.
    Not really...haven't heard anyone asking for DH....not really DK but a few...seems many don't even care they have Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Not really...haven't heard anyone asking for DH....not really DK but a few...seems many don't even care they have Monk.
    I have. Some people are claiming DH makes more sense than warlock.

I did ... top players? Plebs? What is this... the 1600s?
    I say, good serrah.

It would be most beneficial, for both our sakes, to observe that I am factually correct, rather than, as you are currently behaving, assuming a pedantic stance on this issue.