Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Blizzard can truly go fuck themselves. I had planned out what I wanted to do with allied races, and removed all my double ups. Had 2 Pandaren, shaman and mage, mage became Nightborne. 2 Tauren, Hunter and Druid, so druid became Highmountain Tauren. 2 Trolls, Priest and Warrior, Warrior became Mag'har Orc. that left me with 3 Blood Elves; DH, Paladin and Warlock. so I based my choice for that on the information at the time, went with warlock and levelled my Paladin to 120.

the fact of the matter is that they had INCORRECT information not only on their website for months but also on the Blizzcon Panel. who the fuck is running the quality control over there? Blind Al from Deadpool? how the fuck can we trust ANYTHING that Blizzard say now without second guessing them?
    It's very disappointing, even if we consider it was a mistake, which I often catch myself doubting, specially because they had to break Lore on the spot by saying Zandalari never had contract with the Fel.

It's even more shocking considering thousands of people attended by paying hundreds of euros plus those who watched via digital ticket who payed around... 40 euros(?) for an event that actively spread misinformation to the masses.

I just cannot wrap my head around it. I would expect a honest mistake to be made by a small company with little resources but not a multi-million dollar company like Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    There's... there's Pandaren in the Horde @_@
    No one said there wasn't, there just isn't a lore justification for them existing.

No different than nightborne being a society of magic to the point where the racial only benefits magic dmg yet they can be monks amongst other things. Apparently the reasoning is that the Zandalari have no ties to fel, but what ties do most of the races have with monks?

Its very arbitrary.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    There's... there's Pandaren in the Horde @_@
    I think they mean so because the Zandalari and pandaren have a long story of conflict and distrust.

Regardless I don't think Monks should be removed from them, I'm all pro-adding classes, not removing them, we should not feel like we need to remove someone's happiness to attain ours.

I dont recall seeing a zaldarari warlock anywhere during leveling - and i mean the zandalari trolls that are welcomed in Rastakhan's empire.

Outside of Rastakhans empire there are tons of troll warlock i guess but that does not mean they are welcome within the empire.

I guess they barely tolerate the forsaken and horde warlock "guests" that they are allied to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    this, it's apparently not okay if one race is too many classes but one class can have every race no problem

- - - Updated - - -

been telling people to do that. Whining up a storm salvaged legion for this class (well for Aff)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677

Please contribute. I am getting tired of Monks and Mages saying we need to be happy with 3 Allied races
    That honestly needs to stop...if you don't care for Warlocks and play any other class why do you feel obligated to actively seek threads that aren't focused on your class and don't affect it in any way shape or form only to tell people they are acting entitled and should be happy with the other options instead? I have lost count of how many people have told me "Why are you crying and bitching, be happy you got paladins." Son, why must I be happy about getting something I won't play? Why is it so preposterous of an idea to want something you really look forward to and enjoy?

And people seem to act like Warlock was never on the table and we're just grasping at straws to get the class but no, there's Lore to support it AND the class was literally announced to hundreds of thousands of people in a live event. Gods...

- - - Updated - - -

Alright bear with me now because I just realized something...

So I was checking my armory and suddenly this hit me like a truck.

So since Legion we have these new neat backgrounds for every class, most of them are the Order Hall but Warlocks got something different. They got the Edge of Reality, this place is in the Shadowlands.

You would expect that since suddenly Blizzard wants to make it look like Warlocks are solely based upon the Fel, therefore denying Zandalari the class, that they would either have them stand in a Fel based background, like the Tomb of Sargeras or the Warlock Order Hall. But no, they went specifically with the realm of Death and Shadow itself.

So what is the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I love how when I was mad DK doesnt get a single allied race everyone told me it's alright and I should suck it up, and so I did. But now when their class doesn't get uncluded I see so much complain. Now people finally can understand that there is not logic in not letting "insert race" be "insert class".
    Do not seek logic, there is only rage. Rage is illogical.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    This

In a sense I see why, the uncorrupted mag'har wouldn't become warlocks, but warlock Dwarves?

Still, Zandalari locks made so much sense to me... I still remember Hex Lord guy in ZA wearing a warlock T6 green suit. He was Zandalari was he not ? Shooting bolts, draining souls, and siphoning life, that's pretty warlocky to me.

But Blizzard became one big joke. As the Diablo QA Guy said, a late april fools joke.
    Yeah warlock dwarves makes sense, the dark iron are in no way against warlocks.

and the zandalari we fought way back then is very different then this zandalari the horde has allied with

- - - Updated - - -

And again still, so many of you saying "i have been planing since X" we literally did not know till last week what classes it would have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Do not seek logic, there is only rage. Rage is illogical.
    People shouldn't have told them that they should suck it up when it came to DKs just as they shouldn't do so now when it comes to Warlocks. It literally costs 0 to let people ask for the things they want even if they don't get them, instead of trying to shut them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    I think they mean so because the Zandalari and pandaren have a long story of conflict and distrust.

Regardless I don't think Monks should be removed from them, I'm all pro-adding classes, not removing them, we should not feel like we need to remove someone's happiness to attain ours.
    The pandaren were able to forgive garrosh for destroying the vale.
    pretty sure they can forgive som zandalari.

- - - Updated - - -

People shouldn't have told them that they should suck it up when it came to DKs just as they shouldn't do so now when it comes to Warlocks. It literally costs 0 to let people ask for the things they want even if they don't get them, instead of trying to shut them up.
    It removes class and race identity from the game if every race can be every class.
    the zandalari are literally 3 classes from being the first race to have access to every class.
    they have more class options right now then some normal races.

if they got warlock, they would literally be the race with THE MOST CLASSES as they would have EVERY CLASS except hero classes, making them to first to have every class except hero classes.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-11-10 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah its weird. i dont get the reasoning behind this.
    they dont even know their own lore ffs.
    zandalari had warlocks.
    what they were openly against was monks.

I don't know about y'all but after watching Afrasiabi talk about wanting Kul Tiran Mages it seems to me like the kerfuffle over Kul Tiran Mages serves as a reminder that the WoW team has many individuals conflicting with each other on their vision for the game. It's like flying all over again but it hasn't been blown up by the player base to become a major point of contention, because it doesn't affect everyone.

Monks do make sense when we're playing with the core Zandalari and not some splinter faction from MoP. If we were playing with the ones from MoP they wouldn't be an allied race at all. The Pandaren are also not ones to hold grudges.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2018-11-10 at 06:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The pandaren were able to forgive garrosh for destroying the vale.
    pretty sure they can forgive som zandalari.

- - - Updated - - -

It removes class and race identity from the game if every race can be every class.
    the zandalari are literally 3 classes from being the first race to have access to every class.
    they have more class options right now then some normal races.

if they got warlock, they would literally be the race with THE MOST CLASSES as they would have EVERY CLASS except hero classes, making them to first to have every class except hero classes.
    And now I ask you, why not?

Darkspears have 10 classes, Dwarves have 10 classes, Blood Elves have 10 classes, more classes isn't a problem and it wouldn't ruin immersion or game fantasy on such a disastrous level. It would actually make the Zandalari Unique because they would be the first to be able to play all the non hero classes. If that isn't something to strive for I don't know what is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    yeah its weird. i dont get the reasoning behind this.
    they dont even know their own lore ffs.
    zandalari had warlocks.
    what they were openly against was monks.
    To be fair the only thing they seem to be truly against is blood magic, but I don't know anymore. .-.

Warlocks apparently now are a 100% Fel(tm) based class too. Stuff is getting wild in the Blizzard Lore department.

Yeah warlock dwarves makes sense, the dark iron are in no way against warlocks.
    Not that a race being generally against a class would be a reason to stop that race from being able to become that class.

I had a discussion with someone on reddit about this just the other day and I don't really understand why people think that.

The player character does not represent the race as a whole, nor do they determine the way their zones are laid out, the way their quests are laid out, or their lore generally. Just because the player character who is in no way your average Joe does something that is seen as out of character for the race as a whole, does not suddenly mean the entire races identity is now diluted.

I don't see the issue, and I say this as someone who more than likely won't play a zandalari.

Deleted
    And again still, so many of you saying "i have been planing since X" we literally did not know till last week what classes it would have.

And now I ask you, why not?

Darkspears have 10 classes, Dwarves have 10 classes, Blood Elves have 10 classes, more classes isn't a problem and it wouldn't ruin immersion or game fantasy on such a disastrous level. It would actually make the Zandalari Unique because they would be the first to be able to play all the non hero classes. If that isn't something to strive for I don't know what is.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair the only thing they seem to be truly against is blood magic, but I don't know anymore. .-.

Warlocks apparently now are a 100% Fel(tm) based class too. Stuff is getting wild in the Blizzard Lore department.
    notice how those are all default races, that also dont have acsess to every default race, and again.
    if we just let every race be every class, then where is the fun in that

- - - Updated - - -

Aww yes, love that datamining, your guys fault for looking at datamining as the final product

Deleted
    notice how those are all default races, that also dont have acsess to every default race, and again.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww yes, love that datamining, your guys fault for looking at datamining as the final product
    Datamining and then Blizzcon, what did you expect people to do? Datamining isn't always right but MANY times it is so no wonder, plus people knew the lore of the race and obviously took it for granted because no one would be aware of a last minute "Surprise, losers!" Lore retcon or whatever you want to call to that. Also Blizzcon was very important for many people in the moment of making the decision to buy a race change or faction change, people who most likely got their information from the panel alone.

Also Allied races should not be limited by the fact that they are allied races, because if that's the case just make them cosmetic customizations for the main races. If you want an Allied Race and you want to take it seriously, you will treat it like an actual race of its' own. Plus, I see nothing wrong about Zandalari being an allied race with 10 classes that make sense.

Do you feel like this will personally ruin your game experience? I for one welcome more classes for all, but yet again I don't consider myself a purist when it comes to things like that.

Blizzard is not ignorant in any way to datamining, and are typically very conservative about things. They planned on having it be a warlock and pulled back on it so late that it was even shown as being able to play lock in the slides they prepped for blizzcon.

It was in no way unreasonable for people to expect the race to be able to be warlocks.

I completely agree. In fact I think class/race restrictions are an outdated mechanic and needs to go completely. All the lore reasons are contradicted by Blizzard themselves. The players who care about lore will be much better coming up themselves with a background about how their character became what it is. Meanwhile for the players who don't care about lore it shouldn't matter anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

The fun is letting people choose. Having to skip either your favourite race or class because they're incompatible is not fun.

So poor hunters then, they lost their class identity when gnome hunters were added and since that day every race can be a hunter?

Race identity is built through lore, quests, racials, heritage armor etc. I don't really see how restrictions are necessary to build race identity for example "Bloodhoof Tauren can be priests but Highmountain ones cannot", it seems more jarring than actually immersive.

Some of the non-vanilla class combos are extremely popular and successful, like Darkspear Troll Druids or Human Hunters. Others not so much like Orc mages.

Personally I think they could have gone the way of Allied race with unlocking some extra combos - require an achievement / questline that would include new lore to unlock a specific class combo. For example there are ways new death knight races could be added if there's a new lore added following the events of Legion and DK class hall storyline.

That extra effort would also mean only people who really care to play that class combo would put work to unlock it.

Not sure still why are people so against Zandalari Warlocks in the world where we have Goblin Warlocks, Ironforge Dwarf Warlocks, Nightborne Warlocks and whatever else. Shouldn't Nightborne shun warlocks as much as Night Elves do after all the crap that happened in Suramar?

They have no connection to the fel.

The same way warlock can't transform into demons.

(see, I took a Bli$$ard here)

Ps: the only reason it was removed is because Horde is largely favored / popular in PVE, PVP and Lore. Giving more class options in front of the Kul'tirans was bad PR. Just showing even more they love of the Horde.
    The same way Demonology lost Meta after years and having lore warlocks still using it, only because they had plans for DHs.
    Then ofc they call BS lore reason not to give / or to cut your class / spec. C'est la vie.