Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I never put mats into the guild bank but i never took anything from there either. I always just made my own pots and food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    1) Equip it yourself if it's an upgrade
    2) If it's not an upgrade for yourself, give it somebody else in the raid that needs it (decided by the lootcouncil just like tradeable items from bosses)
    3) If nobody needs, it's donated to the GB and used to supply the guild with Feasts/Cauldrons

Exactly the same thing we used to do back in the old days, except that these days the person who receives the loot has prio on it for upgrading. If ppl don't like the idea of 2) or 3), they are obviously selfish cunts, and wouldn't fit into the guild anyway.

Haven't had a single complaint about this system yet.
    With the way gear works these days you can't really say on the fly what will be an upgrade. Example. My pally was using 350 boots with haste/vers, I received a pair of 370 with crit/mastery that everyone thought was a good upgrade for me. But only at the end of the night after I ran sims did I learn that my old boots were actually 0.5% better because of the better secondary stats.

I do agree with you about the rest. My guild lets you keep anything you want but if its not an upgrade they ask you pass to someone else who could use or to be disenchanted. Easier solution, just make it mandatory to donate 1-2k a week which is nothing for most people who farm transmog or even herb for 20 mins. For a 20 man guild thats 20-40k plus the 6550gp if you complete everything but the guild rbgs.

I make all of my own stuff for raids, I dont need the guild to provide anything. Farming mats for everyone else in the raid is a no go for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always supported the self-support model for raid mats. When it comes to raid food/flasks/potions it's every man for himself and if you can't put up it's each individuals fault.

It's a shame that the best food is feast only, and completely ridiculous IMO.

Well, loot prio to those who do farm and such. Might not be that important now but could be in 8.2. Else just talk to them, have them donate some 10 flasks/week or something. Make them understand that it's not working else.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Recruit non-raiders to farm mats for the raid team. They get carried for gear or a mount off the last boss or whatever is agreed upon. I farmed for a raiding guild on my last server before it broke up.

If gbank is empty, stop giving out free stuff, its not the job of couple individuals to gather for everyone.
    Then remember to have one of those shaming addons with flask/food checks spamming every pull.

Sell heroic runs or mythic 10s to pay for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaklog View Post
    Or an experienced GM will be running M+ runs or carry runs so that we can do what we enjoy doing, help the guild out, and not have to farm mats.

Refusing to sell those runs and asking your mythic raiders to farm gold is asking them to spend tens of hours per month farming the same amount of mats that could be purchased from a couple hour carry run.
    Uh.... yeah. Read point 1 again, that's precisely what I said.

If raiders want consumables and don't want to farm, they need to either do M+ runs/Heroic carries so the guild has plenty of gold with which to buy stuff OR they need to buy their own consumables. Point being that feasts and flasks don't magically appear they take resources, either the mats directly or gold which lets the guild buy the mats etc.
    Last edited by clevin; 2018-11-10 at 07:52 PM.

Raid consumables need to go down in mat cost significantly. One of the worst parts about the start of an xpac is the unnecessarily expensive consumables. They tend to overshoot things and add vendors or waves of nerfs months later. It's caused so so much drama in the past among guilds just because they couldn't keep up with the arbitrary values Blizzard created.

It's not worth killing your guild over like some are suggesting to do. If someone wants to buy a WoW token and put it in the gbank then so be it, can have that as an option. Also let them know what the bank needs. Put it in the GMOTD. Remind during raid time what you need specifically. But other than that, if you can't make ends meet, you just don't provide it, or ration accordingly for easier farm content

Providing feasts is feasible (moreso in 8.1), along with rationed cauldrons, and vantus rune, but I wouldn't delve into providing potions or augment runes. Potions and augments are bonkers. In my personal opinion, its not something you should go out of your way to police either except:

-Augments: Pop it last phase of mythic ghuun during the Collapse phase. Early on they were used for Fetid but Array stacks has made that check much easier
    -Good potions (mythic only): 2x Fetid, 1x Mythrax (last phase with hero), 1x Ghuun last phase

That's just imo, don't go out of your way to police it. Let people use Prolonged Powers on stuff and generally just not care. If Array stacks weren't a thing we'd be in a much worse off place though of course with this.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-11-10 at 08:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I took a break from raiding mythic, but in the guild I was in, it wasn't required that you had to contribute materials so that the guild could make stuff, but all boe's had to be traded to the RL and were sold to fund the consumables. I think the only exception was if that piece was your bis and you were going to equip it.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    Good Raiders Who Refuse to Farm Raid Mats
    Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts.
    They might be good players but not good raiders imo, and certainly not good guildmates.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I've always supported the self-support model for raid mats. When it comes to raid food/flasks/potions it's every man for himself and if you can't put up it's each individuals fault.

It's a shame that the best food is feast only, and completely ridiculous IMO.
    I do the same unless a feast is placed, then i'm obviously going to eat it because it's better than the food I can buy. I agree that the feasts being the only way to get the best stat is stupid. If they added a different item which was for one person, then it would be fine.

It only takes 15minutes to clear an old raid and most give a few thousand gold. On my server 1 hour of doing old raids will net you enough money to buy potions and flasks for a 10 hours of raiding.

I don't think they are good raiders

In my guild they would be called slacking noobs

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Good guild should provide free flasks/food/potions/runes etc. So raiders can be focused on raiding instead of farming reagents/gold/whatever.
    Right... because all those things just fall from your ass right? Noone has to farm or buy the mats for those..... damn some people are entitled fucking idiots....

10+ Year Old Account
    Feasts and flasks aren't a huge problem, we only have 2-4 active mat farmers and each one farming a few hours a week has been enough to sustain us. For potions we simply have everyone bring their own. There is no way we are providing potions for 20 raid members each week...bring your own or, if you don't, make sure you do a damn good job or you'll be benched and replaced.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a great raid team. We're almost done with Mythic Uldir. Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts. Even at rank 3, these require a lot of mats. So many that I think Blizzard's intention was to make it a pot luck thing. They're one of two options for primary stat buffs. Buying them isn't an option (mats or feasts). Gold earning in game isn't enough to pay for enough of them. We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.

We're thinking of recruiting raiders who are equally good, making the farming requirement clear, and then slowly phase the mooches out. But I know that can backfire, so I came out here for other suggestions.
    Does your guild not sell BoEs to cover the cost of mats? If not, it should.

It's a tall order expecting everyone to contribute equally. And also a bit unnecessary imo. But good luck getting the dream team together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a great raid team. We're almost done with Mythic Uldir. Out of the 20 of us, only three people contribute mats for bountiful feasts. Even at rank 3, these require a lot of mats. So many that I think Blizzard's intention was to make it a pot luck thing. They're one of two options for primary stat buffs. Buying them isn't an option (mats or feasts). Gold earning in game isn't enough to pay for enough of them. We made it a requirement for everyone to farm or buy feast mats, and some have, but others do nothing. They're our top raiders, though. Alll they do outside of raid is PvP.

We're thinking of recruiting raiders who are equally good, making the farming requirement clear, and then slowly phase the mooches out. But I know that can backfire, so I came out here for other suggestions.
    Just show up without their flasks/food for a week or two. They'll either start bringing their own or contribute some mats/gold, and if not, well at least they won't be leeching anymore.