Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The spirit healers are not death gods they are a side effect of Odyn trade for knowledge, in order to create such beings, in order to take souls from the shadowlands for his armies, they are literally a small force of independent agents. They are one of the side effects I hinted at earlier, without odyns idea to create his own undead army they wouldn't exist and neither would the ones serving Sylvanas, giving her the ability to toy with death as she does.
    Ahhh...

So, yeah, all of them, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwon is a hypocrite, there's nothing surprising about it with a shifty archetype of character like him. He only doesn't like Undead that don't ''belong'' to him. He's rising skeletons here ffs.

I wonder just how many new playthings Bwom might get once the invasion is over, I mean everyone in the raid literally dies in his new mortal domain.
    My kidding aside, it's a cool scene and yeah, Bwon's situated to benefit from this a lot, since he has dibs on the souls of all the dead trolls and he also gets Rastakhan as his Number 2 guy from here on out, since the deal extends to both life and death.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Bwon is a hypocrite, there's nothing surprising about it with a shifty archetype of character like him. He only doesn't like Undead that don't ''belong'' to him. He's rising skeletons here ffs.
    He returns them to the grave afterwards, they are his property to use after all. There is a very clear distinction Bwon does not like undead that stick around in the realm of the living.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It's not the same as necromancy. He's the loa of death who helps troll spirits to get to 'Da Other Side' and now he's summoning their spirits to fight for Zandalar. How is it any different to Night Elves and their Wisps defending Darkshore?

Bwonsamdi is a great character though. I like him a lot. He's fun and its also a nice insight into Troll religion andn their darker voodoo side which I've always preferred over whatever the fuck Vol'Jin was all about.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    My kidding aside, it's a cool scene and yeah, Bwon's situated to benefit from this a lot, since he has dibs on the souls of all the dead trolls and he also gets Rastakhan as his Number 2 guy from here on out, since the deal extends to both life and death.
    Not just those I am very certain he will grab every alliance and horde soldier that dies there, because they are literally right in front of him and up for grabs. He even makes a boss out of one.

No idea and then there is the question who is the most powerful of all? I mean the legion must have created a beast of a death god through their actions.
    I bet if there is some op god of death that will be Yogg, he created the curse of flesh and the nightmare, he surely got that inspiration from somewhere and the blighting lands has been confirmed to be part of the emerald nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I love how everytime Rastakhan calls Bwonsamdi, it's by supreme yelling.

"BWOMSAAANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WE GOT A DEAL, FUCKER"
    Like Loa king to his favorite king Rastakhan, I am surprised Bwon hasn't gone deaf yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Bwonsamdi is the only good thing in BfA. They better not kill him, even tho i bet they will.
    With the current storyline, you can bet he is gonna be killed, heck in the raid of zuldazar we got him 50% before he runs away screaming and leaving alone Rastakhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I bet if there is some op god of death that will be Yogg, he created the curse of flesh and the nightmare, he surely got that inspiration from somewhere and the blighting lands has been confirmed to be part of the emerald nightmare
    I would put the supreme god of death far beyond Yogg or any old god, a being that has feasted on the slaughter the legion committed, it should even rival a titan to be honest.

Not just those I am very certain he will grab every alliance and horde soldier that dies there, because they are literally right in front of him and up for grabs. He even makes a boss out of one.
    I think you're right, though it's fairly vague in spots. The way Shadows of the Horde and Nazmir explains it, the two ways he gets souls is that either you sell your soul to him as part of a deal, or people who are already bound to him kill you. That's why Vol'jin could plead with Bwonsamdi for Tyrathan's soul - as he was associated with Vol'jin and Vol'jin was sworn to Bwonsamdi, Bwonsamdi had dibs on his soul too. That would mean that he does have dibs one everyone dead in Dazar'alor since he's the city's patron loa now.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Blood moon and a giant army of undeads, I am sure the alliance will feel good in killing undeads, also surely the people who hates Sylvanas will now hate Bwon as well
    How are Bwonsamdi using the souls that are already in his possession and Sylvanas mass murdering innocents and blighting her own troops remotely comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I think you're right, though it's fairly vague in spots. The way Shadows of the Horde and Nazmir explains it, the two ways he gets souls is that either you sell your soul to him as part of a deal, or people who are already bound to him kill you. That's why Vol'jin could plead with Bwonsamdi for Tyrathan's soul - as he was associated with Vol'jin and Vol'jin was sworn to Bwonsamdi, Bwonsamdi had dibs on his soul too. That would mean that he does have dibs one everyone dead in Dazar'alor since he's the city's patron loa now.
    And then there is the question now that he is patron deity of all of Zuldazar, does that mean anyone who dies at zandalari hands becomes his property?

I would put the supreme god of death far beyond Yogg or any old god, a being that has feasted on the slaughter the legion committed, it should even rival a titan to be honest.
    Bwons boss right here.
    Also, lich king, helya an most likely every being that collects souls and was powerful enough do to so on a large scale during the legions invasion should be pretty buffed rn.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Bwons boss right here.
    Also, lich king, helya an most likely every being that collects souls and was powerful enough do to so on a large scale during the legions invasion should be pretty buffed rn.
    It might even be the twisted word soul that Sargeras killed so long ago.

Deleted
    There's a magnitude of difference between mindless zombies/skeletons and actively putting a soul and mind back into a rotten corpse.

There are different types of undead, which the Scourge covers pretty well.

type 1 - Golems = mindless tools of flesh and bone.
    type 2 - Spectres = ghosts and incorporeal spirits.
    type 3 - 'Undead' = type 1+2 combined.

Sylvanas raises type 3, these have minds of their own and their own souls, being raised as undead can make the person go insane. Bwonsamdi uses the first two types.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-11-11 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    There's a magnitude of difference between mindless zombies and actively putting a soul and mind back into a rotten corpse.
    Bwon puts them back in the grave and into his domain after he is done with them, that is the difference. They are his belongings whether they are undead or truly dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He returns them to the grave afterwards, they are his property to use after all. There is a very clear distinction Bwon does not like undead that stick around in the realm of the living.
    Basically he is behind 20 layers of "you wouldn't understand why im NOT a hypocrite".

Im curious how powerful is Bwonsamdi compare with the likes of Lich King/Helya/Yogg, and other creatures that where once call the god of dead

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Basically he is behind 20 layers of "you wouldn't understand why im NOT a hypocrite".
    Lets just say bwon has a licence to do this shit and he does it properly, Sylvanas couldn't afford the fee to get this licence and is just winging it and the other death entities end up with a mountain of paperwork because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Bwon isn't forcing thinking beings to do his bidding, he's just using mindless tools. The same way some people give their bodies to science after death. The soul has departed and the body is not living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Lets just say bwon has a licence to do this shit and he does it properly, Sylvanas couldn't afford the fee to get this licence and is just winging it and the other death entities end up with a mountain of paperwork because of it.
    And yet scourge was not an issue at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Bwon isn't forcing thinking beings to do his bidding, he's just using mindless tools. The same way some people give their bodies to science after death. The soul has departed and the body is not living.
    Are we officially in "mindwiping is morally superior" territory ? And those trolls sure as hell "consent" to that.