Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool I love the WoW Cookbook. Who else has it and has made stuff?

This is the WoW Cookbook and yes, it is a real thing you can buy off Amazon:

It was published with Blizzard's blessing when MoP was current but had apparently been in development since Wrath. Mind you, real world ingredients were used with the recipes. Not everything made the cut as they had to strike a balance between stuff a novice could make and stuff that could be made without access to a restaurant-style kitchen. What made the cut also uses ingredients that can be sourced without too much detail and in some cases are modified with that in mind.

For example the Meaty Bat Wings Recipe uses Whole Chicken Wings and a dry rub so...yeah. The Forest Strider Drumsticks use Turkey Drumpsticks as well for another example.

Anywho, does anyone else have the cookbook?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't have it, but one of my friends does. She made a pot of Dragonbreath Chili for a little gathering of friends we had at her house once.

iirc, she modified the recipe a little bit to cut down on the heat because some of us can't handle hot stuff like we used to, but she kept it pretty close. It was good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got it from my BF for christmas(he doesn't play wow), but I haven't really had time to try out any of the recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I got it from my BF for christmas(he doesn't play wow), but I haven't really had time to try out any of the recipes.
    I hope you at least paged through it ^_^

The recipes try to stick as close to their in-game counterparts as possible. Even down to the seasonings, which are factored. There is prepwork for just the seasonings but you feel a sense of accomplishment regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I don't have it, but one of my friends does. She made a pot of Dragonbreath Chili for a little gathering of friends we had at her house once.

iirc, she modified the recipe a little bit to cut down on the heat because some of us can't handle hot stuff like we used to, but she kept it pretty close. It was good.
    Hehe yeah that's been the most popular one folks make from what I've been hearing. Mostly because it's fairly straightforward to make but is also easy to modify for taste or spice tolerence ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I have made some stuff from it, my partner got it for me last Christmas

It is really good. Although lack of actual murloc eyes for Westfal stew is a slight disappointment :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have made some stuff from it, my partner got it for me last Christmas

It is really good. Although lack of actual murloc eyes for Westfal stew is a slight disappointment :P
    Them's the best part!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it to my husband as christmas-present, since he likes to cook a lot. He never tried to cook anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    its a stupid way to get stupid people's money the food taste like food from your basement or where ever your mom serves you food
    Sounds like you can't cook. Or do anything else. At all.

its a stupid way to get stupid people's money the food taste like food from your basement or where ever your mom serves you food
    I know this is a hard concept to grasp but it is possible to alter recipes.
    If none of the food taste good its probably a reflection of the person making the food and not necessarily the book itself.

hazelnutty did a bunch of baking streams on youtube making recipes out of that cookbook.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

sounds like you love to eat more than anything else. or at all
    I'll give you a chance to scrape whatever brainpower you have and rephrase this into something that actually makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have it. My wife bought it for our anniversary. All looks so good that I can't decide..

Only done two recipes - multiple times *hides*

- - - Updated - - -

I take it that you have never in your life bought a cookbook, or read a recipe? Do you even cook, bro?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I actually forgot about that cook book. May have to pick it up to try some recipes. That Dragonbreath chili sounds good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I gave it to my husband as christmas-present, since he likes to cook a lot. He never tried to cook anything.
    Might be time to push him a bit so it doesn't go to waste ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wanting to get it, I watched Preach make some stuff out of it and it looked quite good!

I've got it; I've mostly just made the pandaren bean buns, and they're really good!!
    BIG CHUNKUS

My girlfriend got it for me last christmas or so.

So, as a cookbook it kind of sucks. There's not many recipes and none of them are very inspired or anything you couldn't find anywhere else (one recipe is literally just a pan-seared steak with nothing else, not even a simple sauce).

As a piece of merchandise it's pretty cool. The pictures are nice, it's fun/neat to recreate classic WoW consumables and the book itself is very high quality with thick pages and gloss finish. Not something to keep in the actual kitchen around your real cookbooks, though.

I actually wrote an indepth review of it on my dumb blog why don't you read it slut

Friends got it for me last year and I love it.

Have made the Buzzard bites & fell eggs & ham for new years last year and have made both the Dalaran brownies & moser muffins for bake sales at work and they always sell out.

Good cookbook if you love the game.

Solid cook book. I added a little extra special ingredient in my Dalaran Brownies. Gotta make sure the lil brother doesn't accidentally eat them.

I thought that some of the recipes were posted on WOWhead, I seem to remember coming across a couple of them.