Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    D3 is in maint mode, a new pet or season announcement isn't anything newsworthy.
    dont worry after this fiasco D3 will be soon have new content xD

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    It would have cost me the following to go to blizzcon: (out of season that is)

540 us$ for plane tickets.
    20 us$ for the train to and from the airport in my country. (buying something called orange tickets) else its 50 us$
    200 us$ for ticket
    450 us$ for hotel
    30-50 us$ for food

Total for necessary items: 1480-1500 us$

Now if I went there it would not only be Diablo, but I know people who went there only because of Diablo. And let me say they weren't happy at all.
    Then they were stupid, because nobody promised them anything before they paid anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Then they were stupid, because nobody promised them anything before they paid anything.
    Actually they did. they release a video in august hyping big stuff to come.

Then they released the blogpost after blizzcon tickets were already sold out.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I doubt anyone "Paids $1000s". I also doubt anyone who did spend a chunk of money did it just for the Diablo panel and literally nothing else... Such as.. Literally "Going to Blizzcon"

I'm an avid Blizzard fan. If I had the opportunity to go to Blizzcon, it wouldn't be for the panels or releases. It would be going to go, to see my friends and enemies. To experience the con itself.
    Flying overseas is expensive. It is in the scale of thousands (mostly just one or two thousand), just for the plane ticket. Mobile game announcement in Blizzcon, after hyping it up hard is a spit on coummunity's face.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2018-11-07 at 12:45 AM.

I'm all for D4, but I don't even need that to get me back into the franchise, if they just added new legendaries and sets, or shifted the tuning on existing items, set bonuses and abilities I would jump back in and have a blast. But they have ceased to do anything for the game in such a long time that no one cares anymore

nowhere did they promise anything specific at blizzcon.

As for their Social media icon changing back to D3:

This was due to Diablo3 on Switch and them promoting it.

Though I still think Wyatt Cheng was heavily hinting to us during the Day 2 Q&A that a D4 (or a D3 expansion) was in development...he just wasn't being allowed to outright say it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Diablo Immortal expansion confirmed? Diablo Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Diablo Immortal expansion confirmed? Diablo Dead
    Diablo Is Dead: Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    nowhere did they promise anything specific at blizzcon.
    Brandy did say they had interesting THINGS to show us later this year in the diablo video. It was implied multiple. I still wouldn't be surprised if they pulled other announcements.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about; I'm really looking forward to when they announce Diablo Demon Red and Paladin Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Brandy did say they had interesting THINGS to show us later this year in the diablo video. It was implied multiple. I still wouldn't be surprised if they pulled other announcements.
    That doesn't mean anything. " we may have something to show you this year" combine that with "some projects will take longer than others" than multiply that with the post blizzard made telling us not to expect that much for blizzcon and try to make a rational thought about why you somehow thought blizzard were going to announce D4 or D2 remastered, which are 2 of the most sought after announcements.
    Learn to think and don't just join the bandwagon without taking in all the expressions first. I understand the disappointment that they made such a big deal about mobile but Blizzard never promised anything or implied anything else.

It's important to consider that, recently, Blizzard has been pairing Blizzcon game debuts with content that is actually playable by the audience at Blizzcon. Overwatch, Warcraft 3 Reforged and Diablo: Immortal all did it like that. If they have something that they could announce but isn't ready for a show floor demo, then that's one reason that they might decide to hold back an announcement, even if they had something for us to look at. That's not to say it was a good idea - we can see how bad it was in retrospect - but it does reconcile the idea that they might've had something with the idea that they didn't want to announce anything yet.

So, in light of the supremely crappy PR hit they've taken, they might spend a few weeks putting together a more traditional announcement for whatever they have in the works, then put that out there. And it's possible that whatever we see may be further along than we'd expect (more than just a title card, at least), so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

That's not to say anyone should get their hopes up, but the way that they're suggesting that they'll have something to talk about in the very near future, after offering the more generalist "we're working on multiple projects" stuff, is definitely interesting.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2018-11-10 at 03:32 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It'll just be a triple Goblin announcement. Not two, but three goblins next season!
    lol right? I can't believe people think of these seasons as "new content" when you have games like Path of Exile that add metric TONS of new content every major update. Delve league? Incursion? THE MAPS some years back? D3 doesn't come close - at all. The sheer amount of content in PoE vs D3 is just... sad. Somehow, Blizzard gets a pass.

Folks, you HAD to buy D3 and you got less content than PoE, which you CAN play for free as long as you want. Why don't more people give PoE a real chance I wonder...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't pay close enough attention to that... Okay, that's pretty shady.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol right? I can't believe people think of these seasons as "new content" when you have games like Path of Exile that add metric TONS of new content every major update. Delve league? Incursion? THE MAPS some years back? D3 doesn't come close - at all. The sheer amount of content in PoE vs D3 is just... sad. Somehow, Blizzard gets a pass.

Folks, you HAD to buy D3 and you got less content than PoE, which you CAN play for free as long as you want. Why don't more people give PoE a real chance I wonder...
    While I do agree with you (as in PoE does many things way better than D3) I personally don't like PoE (and I'm probably not the only one). The problem I have with PoE is that the gameplay is just bad compared to Diablo and Torchlight. I have been playing PoE on and off since beta and the one thing that I do love is the enormous amount of content that GGG pushes out. Diablo really could learn from that, and not just a little. GGG just totally destroys Blizzard in that regard. Sadly, all we get to hear from D3 is "NEW SEASON!". No changes. No DLCs. No expansions.

D3 is a dead game atm. There will not be a Druid DLC. There will not be an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

I like PoE and play it every season, but it does lack a certain amount of flare that D3 has. I'm all about the darker, grittier look, but oof that poly count and spell animations could use some work.

That said, as you mentioned PoE is free and made by a much smaller studio. The gameplay value is undeniably higher. Hell, just having a real talent system is enough for me to call it a better game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    While I do agree with you (as in PoE does many things way better than D3) I personally don't like PoE (and I'm probably not the only one). The problem I have with PoE is that the gameplay is just bad compared to Diablo and Torchlight. I have been playing PoE on and off since beta and the one thing that I do love is the enormous amount of content that GGG pushes out. Diablo really could learn from that, and not just a little. GGG just totally destroys Blizzard in that regard. Sadly, all we get to hear from D3 is "NEW SEASON!". No changes. No DLCs. No expansions.

D3 is a dead game atm. There will not be a Druid DLC. There will not be an expansion.
    Which gameplay aspect in particular? And how long ago did you last play? One thing that really made a big difference for me was them making buffs and such instant-case while running. That drove me NUTS before, but now it's no longer an issue. #Bless

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I like PoE and play it every season, but it does lack a certain amount of flare that D3 has. I'm all about the darker, grittier look, but oof that poly count and spell animations could use some work.

That said, as you mentioned PoE is free and made by a much smaller studio. The gameplay value is undeniably higher. Hell, just having a real talent system is enough for me to call it a better game.
    I swear the poly count in PoE looks like more than D3. The faces in D3 are just horrid, even on the player's character. =/ I feel like the spell animations have come a long way and, at least when you consider just how many different ways the spells can be changed and therefore have their visuals changed as well, the way they look isn't bad at all. Any particular animations that come to mind that you don't like?

I guess different strokes for different folks, but when the game is demonstrably better in all the ways that basically count, idk why people don't give it a better shot. When you get to end-game it really puts D3 to shame.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

https://twitter.com/Dayntee/status/1059491082457640963

"2) I'm back to my nose on the grinder, there's a lot to do, and I can't wait to share more #Diablo stuff in coming weeks."

Hopefully this is something related to those other "projects" not related to D:Immortal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 2:

"Sources: Blizzard Pulled Diablo 4 Announcement From BlizzCon" - Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/sources-blizzard-...bli-1830232246

"Blizzard has assured fans publicly that it has multiple Diablo games in development. One of them is the game that fans are waiting for, and it was nearly announced last week."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 1:

Diablo also just changed their logo back to Diablo 3 on Facebook and Twitter

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...ck_to_d3_logo/

After her little SOOOOO MANY DIABLO PROJECTS video not sure why anyone would trust a word coming out of her mouth. She is just a grunt who was assigned to build hype to sell more virtual tickets. Based on what was actually announced she is either full of crap or just isn't trusted with any actual plans.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    After her little SOOOOO MANY DIABLO PROJECTS video not sure why anyone would trust a word coming out of her mouth. She is just a grunt who was assigned to build hype to sell more virtual tickets. Based on what was actually announced she is either full of crap or just isn't trusted with any actual plans.
    Seeing as her video was 6 weeks before Blizzcon, and reports say they had more info to share at Blizzcon that got pulled(regardless of the halfassed damage control claim they're trying to say after the fact), did you ever stop and think that Blizzard would ever authorize her to come out and say that what they were planning to share got pulled from Blizzcon? No they would never allow that because then they would open themselves up to refund claims that they would have to grant.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Big stuff doesn't mean you will like it. Bethesda considers fallout 76 to be big stuff but you still have fans who hate it.