Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm not forcing you to accept what Blizzard has said about the subject, but dont pretend they haven't spoken and decided already.
    Never pretended that, or else posts like this would never exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    This is straight up NOT true. There are shrines all over the main city dedicated to Bwomsamdi. His worshippers were not outcasts. Stop making up your own lore to support your argument.
    You are correct, Bwonsamdi is a Loa anchored to the Shadowlands, there is absolutely no reason why Shadow Priests and Warlocks shouldn't worship him and have him as their patron Loa. There are no "Fel" loa for Warlocks and there are no "Arcane" Loa for Mages but gladly neither mages nor Warlocks are bound by a single element. Mages can worship Loa associated with fire, for example Halazzi, and Warlocks can worship Loa associated with shadow, like Hir'eek and Bwonsamdi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    Are you some how suggesting that EVERYTHING that is datamined (which is what you've offered) must be put into the game? Yes or No?

I get it, you are going to throw a tantrum until you get what you want... Here's how you get what you want...

step 1... go to the official forums... (not here)
    step 2... demand you get what you want
    step 3... tell Blizzard you are going to quit if you dont get your way.
    step 4... follow thru (this is the big part, because if you dont follow thru, they wont think you are serious).
    step 5... wait for Blizzard to cave and come running back to you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    As far as the whole "not allowed in Zandalari society" thing goes, Human warlocks practice in a Stormwind cellar while mages have a whole district. Warlocks have kind of always been a social outcast class outside of forsaken society.
    Pretty much this. Only recently did they start being accepted in most societies but it's kinda tiring after some time to see DKs and Warlocks and Shadow Priests being evul(tm), thankfully there's already in game npcs who are shown to be good people, like that DK lady that wants to talk about her grandchildren and Abu'gar the DK that only wants to go fishing haha. I like when they show these classes in a more humanized light. Very refreshing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Are you some how suggesting that EVERYTHING that is datamined (which is what you've offered) must be put into the game? Yes or No?

I get it, you are going to throw a tantrum until you get what you want... Here's how you get what you want...

step 1... go to the official forums... (not here)
    step 2... demand you get what you want
    step 3... tell Blizzard you are going to quit if you dont get your way.
    step 4... follow thru (this is the big part, because if you dont follow thru, they wont think you are serious).
    step 5... wait for Blizzard to cave and come running back to you.
    Man... Seeing people trying to get something they want really makes you angry...something about "kids being entitled these days and not leaving your lawn or bad parenting" yes? Can't wait for the Fox news article "Are Millennials ruining World of Warcraft for with their demands for Zandalari Warlocks?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. Only recently did they start being accepted in most societies but it's kinda tiring after some time to see DKs and Warlocks and Shadow Priests being evul(tm), thankfully there's already in game npcs who are shown to be good people, like that DK lady that wants to talk about her grandchildren and Abu'gar the DK that only wants to go fishing haha. I like when they show these classes in a more humanized light. Very refreshing!

- - - Updated - - -

Man... Seeing people trying to get something they want really makes you angry...something about "kids being entitled these days and not leaving your lawn or bad parenting" yes? Can't wait for the Fox news article "Are Millennials ruining World of Warcraft for with their demands for Zandalari Warlocks?"
    Wow... fine... spin your wheels... and still dont get what you want... good luck... I'll sit over her and laugh at how successful you are at getting what you want.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

this is the "zandalari cannot be paladin, stop asking, they do not make sense" all over again, you guys can't stop?

they deliberate put Kul'toras mages and zandalari warlocks because of the massive alliance outcry, its bullshit, and they should put warlocks again

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Blizzard want to appease the alliance playerbase again. What they did accomplished that 3 fold.

We gained something (kt mages, that are all the sudden a thing inthe lore)
    Tghe horde players lost something (ztroll locks, cant wait for them to start ghosting npcs and quest objectives because "zandilari have no connection to fel", yet the npcs are there).
    We come out on top of horde again (18 alliance bfa allied race combos vs 17 horde bfa allied race combos).
    I play mostly alliance. I have no intention of playing Kul Tiran mages, as probably many other Alliance players, so that doesn't appease anyone except narrow minority who actually wants to play Kul Tiran mages.

Removing warlocks from zandalari doesn't "appease the alliance", it doesn't give anything to anyone, it's just pointless annoyance, no, not to whole Horde playerbase, just the part who actually intended to play Zandalari Warlocks.

I bet getting some non-horse rep mounts would make alliance playerbase more happy on average than counting whether horde has 1 more or 1 less race / class combo. Because the mount is something you're more likely to use, no matter your class or race.

While for example adding Tauren Mages is meaningless for 99% of the players. You could as well add them for the 1% that would maybe play one. In b4 "but Tauren have no tradition of being Mages", well neither do Goblins or Orcs but apparently learning from other races is a thing now when it comes to monks, mages or warlocks (same reasoning for Dwarf Mage / Warlock was that they learnt from Dark Irons).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I play mostly alliance. I have no intention of playing Kul Tiran mages, as probably many other Alliance players, so that doesn't appease anyone except narrow minority who actually wants to play Kul Tiran mages.

Removing warlocks from zandalari doesn't "appease the alliance", it doesn't give anything to anyone, it's just pointless annoyance, no, not to whole Horde playerbase, just the part who actually intended to play Zandalari Warlocks.

I bet getting some non-horse rep mounts would make alliance playerbase more happy on average than counting whether horde has 1 more or 1 less race / class combo. Because the mount is something you're more likely to use, no matter your class or race.

While for example adding Tauren Mages is meaningless for 99% of the players. You could as well add them for the 1% that would maybe play one. In b4 "but Tauren have no tradition of being Mages", well neither do Goblins or Orcs but apparently learning from other races is a thing now when it comes to monks, mages or warlocks (same reasoning for Dwarf Mage / Warlock was that they learnt from Dark Irons).
    Let's not forget the utter absurdity of goblin shamans and priests, so it's not like Blizzard has an excuse in the slightest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Let's not forget the utter absurdity of goblin shamans and priests, so it's not like Blizzard has an excuse in the slightest.
    Lore only matters when they decide it matters. Lore was used to justify Zandalari Warlocks not being a thing but when it came to adding Kul Tiran Mages suddenly it did not matter.

Lore only matters when they decide it matters. Lore was used to justify Zandalari Warlocks not being a thing but when it came to adding Kul Tiran Mages suddenly it did not matter.
    Lore was retconned to justify ztroll locks not existing. There is a difference between using lore and retconning lore.

Deleted
    Lore was retconned to justify ztroll locks not existing. There is a difference between using lore and retconning lore.
    The same way they made up Lore to justify the incoming of a large number of Kul'tiran Mages they could also do the same for Warlocks if they weren't happy enough with the past iterations of Zandalari Warlocks. Now because of this super weird "Lore justifies/lore doesn't" they did not only not treat the situation properly as they also broke the Class/Race combination balance that was previously so important, with Horde having one less combo than Alliance. (And no I'm not crying "Alliance bias" because I play both factions so I don't care but this was clearly something blizzard cared about till now.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    they removed warlock and added paladin, i think its a fair trade
    I was hoping for paladin and don't play warlock so I'm fine with it but it should really have been paladin for monk.

The same way they made up Lore to justify the incoming of a large number of Kul'tiran Mages they could also do the same for Warlocks if they weren't happy enough with the past iterations of Zandalari Warlocks. Now because of this super weird "Lore justifies/lore doesn't" they did not only not treat the situation properly as they also broke the Class/Race combination balance that was previously so important, with Horde having one less combo than Alliance. (And no I'm not crying "Alliance bias" because I play both factions so I don't care but this was clearly something blizzard cared about till now.)
    This isn't true at all, until gnome hunters were added in Legion, Horde had one more class/race combo than Alliance, which imbalance dates back to Cata. People were complaining about it back then, calling for gnome paladins/shaman. And it's not the Zandalari/Kul Tiran that offset it anyway, it's the Dark Iron/Mag'har. All the Kul Tiran/Zandalari did was balance it more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering it was perfectly balanced up until we threw our temper tantrums and got them to add kt mages and retcon lore to get rid of ztroll locks.

And there are examples of kt mages, they are/were criminals inside of tol dagor. I guess all the jaina wannabes are going to go learn from criminals inside a prison.

- - - Updated - - -

"Everything to support them". As in one npc who had to go to dalaran to learn how to be a mage and a couple of ashvane mobs that are unstable. Lol
    You forget the tide sages which use frost spells, water elementals, and THE ENTIRE DUNGEON FULL OF THEM
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You forget the tide sages which use frost spells, water elementals, and THE ENTIRE DUNGEON FULL OF THEM
    I think Tidesages are more like Priests according to what I've seen of them. Some even wear mitres, resembling bishops.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Tidesages are shaman/priest hybrids. And the "ENTIRE DUNGEON FULL OF THEM" (not sure you needed caps lock to make your point) was mentioned if you are referring to tol dagor.

This is from the Hots expansion, here we see 4 zandalari(a priest, a druid, a warlock and a shaman) with other trolls from other tribes, and see how trolls can enter the field of any class, now try to find the monk

Removing warlock was a bullshit and crap move, for the sake of complaining and parity, something blizzard told many times they would not do it, and would dd a class if it make sense, monks do not make much sense, but they decide to remove warlocks who make way more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They should remove monks. No reason a pandaren would teach them that. Plenty of reasons Zandalari would study demon magic.
    it doesnt have to be a pandaren.

plenty of monk trainers out there that arent pandaren afaik.

(ofc it's still dumb that they can be monks, I'M just saying)

- - - Updated - - -

but jaina is a kul tiran mage, so how does it not make sense for there to be kul tiran mages?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    but jaina is a kul tiran mage, so how does it not make sense for there to be kul tiran mages?
    because she need to travel to dalaran to learn, and she did not make part of the group becoming playable who have drust blood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailson Mendes View Post
    This is from the Hots expansion, here we see 4 zandalari(a priest, a druid, a warlock and a shaman) with other trolls from other tribes, and see how trolls can enter the field of any class, now try to find the monk

Removing warlock was a bullshit and crap move, for the sake of complaining and parity, something blizzard told many times they would not do it, and would dd a class if it make sense, monks do not make much sense, but they decide to remove warlocks who make way more sense
    Definitely...and this only goes to show that Warlocks can have their own Loa. Obviously there isn't a "Fel" Loa but since Warlocks are highly attuned to shadow they can worship shadow related Loa such as Bwonsamdi or Hir'eek. I like the idea of Hir'eek being the patron of Warlocks because he is the Lord of Night and they can pray to him to enhance their shadow magic but he's also a guide in the Darkness and can help those who get lost in it.

I'm also kinda shocked they used Hex Lord Malacrass for the Mage class, he's definitely a Warlock. :T