Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No KT paladins is fine IMO. Their culture focuses on other things. And order of embers has nothing to do with the Light. I am glad they're getting mages but don't think they need paladins.

7+ Year Old Account
    So people in this thread want Kul Tiran humans to be the Alliance equivalent of Tauren? Big, burly and fuzzy?

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Right. The Zandalari society... the exact same ones that tried to reunify the trolls after the Cataclysm, and turned on their former allies (you know... us) as only 'good' trolls would.

There really is no retcon around this. This is just bad writing, and Blizzard painting themselves into a corner and contorting lore to include a race of beings able to be something they should never be. There is a reason why savages are never able to become paladins. Unfortunately, trolls in general fall into that category, and prying them into the mold of a 'warrior of light' is lore contortionism in the name of giving the Horde whatever it wants.
    Zandalari trolls are as savage as the average Alliance human.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    Right. The Zandalari society... the exact same ones that tried to reunify the trolls after the Cataclysm, and turned on their former allies (you know... us) as only 'good' trolls would.
    The Zandalari first appeared in WoW in STV as people sent over to stop what was going on in Zul'Gurub. It was the combination of the Cataclysm and a certain guy called Zul that caused all the trouble:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rastakhan#Cataclysm

A bit dickish perhaps, but not exactly the usual moustache-twirling we get from Blizz villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    No KT paladins is fine IMO. Their culture focuses on other things. And order of embers has nothing to do with the Light. I am glad they're getting mages but don't think they need paladins.
    Gnomish priests.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    The Zandalari first appeared in WoW in STV as people sent over to stop what was going on in Zul'Gurub. It was the combination of the Cataclysm and a certain guy called Zul that caused all the trouble:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rastakhan#Cataclysm

A bit dickish perhaps, but not exactly the usual moustache-twirling we get from Blizz villains.

Gnomish priests.
    Have nothing to do with Kul'tirans having paladins or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Zandalari trolls are as savage as the average Alliance human.
    This is objectively false. Certain humans, sure. Anyone who is a twilight cultist? Definitely. Last I checked, though, your average Alliance human isn't known for sacrificing their enemies to blood gods. The average Alliance human does not follow wild gods, loas as they call it. They do not, in any capacity, draw upon the Blood Gods for aid. They do not practice voodoo. Hell, even the writers of World of Warcraft suggest this.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/troll

Right from the top, we see this:

"The savage trolls of Azeroth are infamous for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and seething hatred for all other races."

The article even calls into question that the only race of trolls to abandon this are the Darkspear, not the Zandalari.

And I have news for you. Your average Alliance humans are not savages, not known for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and certainly do not adhere to seething hatred for all other races, with the exception of a single faction, the human equivalent of the Darkspear Trolls. I can think of several humans who are exceptions to this rule, but exceptions do not disprove the rule.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    So people in this thread want Kul Tiran humans to be the Alliance equivalent of Tauren? Big, burly and fuzzy?
    A new 'race' that isn't a reskin of an existing one. Animation-wise male KT would be liberating to what the Alliance have had since BC.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    what? do you even know how to behave in public?

lol. /tenchars

Just going to point out. There is at least one other mage npc from Kul'Tiran. The wife of the guy who runs that crazy honey farm. The honey elementals have a chance to drop an item that gives you the daily to get the bee pet. You get mail from the mother npc, who mentions she's away in the city training to be a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Human Paladins = okay
    Fat Human Paladins = WTF YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHIT ON THE LORE
    Kul Tiras has its own culture, it's not just about 'being fat.' Said culture includes tide sages (so shaman) and thornspeakers (so druid) but not the Light, so no paladins. It helps set them apart from stormwind/lordaeron humans. If Kul Tiras was just 'Stormwind culture but it has big people' it would be dull.

Priests are a more general class and not light specific so they get shoved in.

In my opinion with Kul'Tiran once being part of the Alliance in the past. It makes no sense that all of these plate wearers are Warriors. It would make so much sense if Kul'Tiran had access to the Paladin class. I get that they need to have some class restrictions but this Allied race is human and they obviously have Holy and the Light. Having Paladins would make more sense then the Mage that was added. Jayna left Kul'Tiras to become a Mage. She is like the only Kul'Tiran Mage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Have nothing to do with Kul'tirans having paladins or not.
    My point is that if you can get priests from a famously irreligious race like the gnomes, why not Kul Tiran paladins? Tauren paladins are more like Sun druids, so why can't Kul Tiran paladins have a backstory around the Order of Embers?
    Still not tired of winning.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which doesn't make them paladins

This is objectively false. Certain humans, sure. Anyone who is a twilight cultist? Definitely. Last I checked, though, your average Alliance human isn't known for sacrificing their enemies to blood gods. The average Alliance human does not follow wild gods, loas as they call it. They do not, in any capacity, draw upon the Blood Gods for aid. They do not practice voodoo. Hell, even the writers of World of Warcraft suggest this.

"The savage trolls of Azeroth are infamous for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and seething hatred for all other races."

The article even calls into question that the only race of trolls to abandon this are the Darkspear, not the Zandalari.

And I have news for you. Your average Alliance humans are not savages, not known for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and certainly do not adhere to seething hatred for all other races, with the exception of a single faction, the human equivalent of the Darkspear Trolls. I can think of several humans who are exceptions to this rule, but exceptions do not disprove the rule.
    Ok, so every single troll on azeroth is a bloodthirsty worshipper of an evil god? And except for twilight cultists, all humans are shining beacons of faith and virtue?
    Is this for real?
    "Savage" does not equal to "wears no footwear".
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Ok, so every single troll on azeroth is a bloodthirsty worshipper of an evil god? And except for twilight cultists, all humans are shining beacons of faith and virtue?
    Is this for real?
    "Savage" does not equal to "wears no footwear".
    Way to draw your own conclusions, there. When even the game creators characterize them as savages, infamous for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and seething hatred for all other races, and have histories of worshipping loas, blood gods, and practicing voodoo, you really don't have much of a base.

If humans did this sort of shit, other humans would turn on that person. That's the difference. Those practices ARE commonplace among troll society. They are encouraged. Humans of nearly every stripe do not approve of this sort of shit.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by xintoc View Post
    Now that Kul Tirans are announced I feel like alliance got bamboozled. Kul Tirans seemed like a fresh race for the alliance and while Zandalari get so many classes available I can't believe Kul Tirans get fewer. (I know it's all balanced)
    Throughout the expansion I got a very "royal" like feeling in Boralus , so I was expecting paladins to be a class for Kul Tirans.

Anyone else feel like paladin would have been a good fit?

Do Kul'Tirans have a Paladin order or a direct connection to any existing Orders?

I'll answer, no they don't. They can't be Paladins.

Every race with Paladins have a specific Paladin Order they originate from. And before you go "But they are Humans." remember the Humans we play as are very specifically members of Stormwind society, which has a Paladin Order (Silver Hand). The same reason Kul'Tirans can't be paladins, the Gilneans share, Gilneans don't have a Paladin Order, and any members they may have sent to the Silver Hand were trapped on the wrong side of the wall.

Way to draw your own conclusions, there. When even the game creators characterize them as savages, infamous for their cruelty, dark mysticism, and seething hatred for all other races, and have histories of worshipping loas, blood gods, and practicing voodoo, you really don't have much of a base.

If humans did this sort of shit, other humans would turn on that person. That's the difference. Those practices ARE commonplace among troll society. They are encouraged. Humans of nearly every stripe do not approve of this sort of shit.
    Worshippping Loas and practicing Vodoo magic is inherently evil? Who are you, some kind of troll racist?
    And the average human is as superstitious and xenophobic as the average troll. That still does not deny any possibility of Zandalari Paladins.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2018-11-12 at 07:41 PM.
    -Voltaire
    winning

The only war in which the Human's have won in recent memory, they enslaved the Orcs and made them fight in gladiator style games. And Orcs that were found in the wild were hunted and killed. The Humans are just as savage as the Trolls. At least the trolls are sacrificing to God's that will actually show up and smite them if they don't... The humans are killing and making games for shits and giggles.

I actually think kul'tiran paladins make zero sense. Priest have been shown in game to come from all manner of faiths, not just the light. Paladins on the other hand all have some connection to the light or a light based being (Naaru, Anshe, Elune, etc). The kul'tirans have zero connection to anything light related. They worship the sea, which time and time again has been shown to be more connected with the shadowy side of things (Naga, old gods). As for the order of embers, they came off as witch hunters who used alchemy and weapons to combat witches and studying their weaknesses, I don't remember any part of their storyline focusing on anything involving the light. I'll admit while they would look cool as paladins, there just isn't enough lore to justify it. On the other hand, their is lore to justify zandalari paladins. Especially seeing as their NPC's have been in came as far back as Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    My point is that if you can get priests from a famously irreligious race like the gnomes, why not Kul Tiran paladins? Tauren paladins are more like Sun druids, so why can't Kul Tiran paladins have a backstory around the Order of Embers?
    They 'could.' But they don't. The order of embers has nothing to do with the Light, at all, in its practices or its origins.