Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warlords was the overall worst expansion this game has had. That's across everything...if we go strictly raiding...it was Cataclysm. WoD raids were amazing, but they kept us in HFC too long, and BRF didn't seem like long enough.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I chose BFA because it didn't have any proper new additions and changes to classes. WoD at least did many class changes, I was really amazed as a mage when I saw Comet Storm, Meteor and the likes. However, this current playstyle is the same as Legion in its worst form. Apart from Arcane which is literally 1 button now, oh well.

Cataclysm, with BfA being a very close second.

I was incredulous at the MoP theme. Was so disappointed I quit and only came back at the very end of Legion. For me, pandas were just an obvious cash grab aimed at China/Asia. That said, upon later visits to MoP zones, definitely felt like the art team had their heart in the right place—most of it is damn beautiful. I just don't understand Pandas.

WoD I leveled for 6 levels or so and just outright quit, because I could not stand the abilities prune. I didn't miss out from what I hear.

As a PvP player, it sure feels like I did miss out on MoP though. Most people claim it was one of the very best.

Best to worst

1.Wrath
    2.MoP
    3.BC
    4.Legion
    5.Legion 2.0.. Erm Sorry I mean BFA
    6.Cata
    7.WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    I say WOD. WOD was realy bad, it felt more like a big patch and not a xpac. The only thing we got in WOD that was good is the New character Models. Thats it.

I also see alot of ppl picking Legion and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Legion only had 2 things wrong with it. When it launched the Artifact power should have been across all your weapon specs and because it wasn't for the first 6 months of the xpac you was locked to 1 spec. The 2nd was warforged and titanforged items in Legion was out of control the RNG was just too much, people running Emerald Nightmare in hopes of getting a titanforged Bloodthirsty trinket while Antorus was live, insane.
    Everything else though was top notch. The world to explore, questing, crafting got revamped, M+ (best addition ever) and the raids were really good not to mention we got 5 of them. On top of that we got another addition IMO was the second best addition to wow, The mage towers. Every expansion IMO should have a mage tower scenario that gives transmog, my only grip is that they should have been harder. Separate the wheat from the chaff type of hard. Legion also had suramar (great story content leading up to a raid that I think should happen for every raid) the broken shore and Argus (I will say Argus was a disappointment but its still more content). Oh and we got artifact weapons, micro calendar event, more mounts than ever. Legion and WOTLK is my favorite 2. I'm sure I'm missing a ton more.

IMO- Best to Worst- WOTLK/Legion-TBC-MOP-BFA-Cata/Vanilla-WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Like what? And the Shattering was great, even though it crushed some nostalgic zones. Good on them for doing that.

The raids were awesome as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? What exactly triggers you about Cata?
    The guilds overhaul. Totally ruined new guilds. Ruined guilds recovering from playerbase dropoffs. Ruined pugging.

CRZ hit and killed server indentity.

Nothing to do but heroics, raiding, and a bad knockoff Wintergrasp.

I'm totally okay with the shattering. It was just wordplay to dramatise my distaste for what they did to the game, socially.
    The only issue I had with the shattering was they gutted a lot of good questlines and replaced them with something generic.

I don't know. The community lost its indentity with the release of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Neklord View Post
    TBC, butchered the lore, tons of big names killed for stupid reasons, gave us flying, removed 40 man raiding and gave us 10man raids, arena which ruined pvp was introduced, uniqueness of being alliance and horde was gone with draenei shaman and blood elves paladins, overall the worst expansion.
    Brave post, don't share much of it but respect a difference of opinion.

TBC killing off Illidan and Kael'Thas they admitted was a mistake. But only because their ability to write better stories and create more compelling characters in subsequent expansions completely failed.

In many ways, WoW has been dining off of Warcraft III's table scraps for 1 1/2 decades now.

Deleted
    For me it was Cata. My favorite was WOTLK and I think I´m one of a few who likes BFA .

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I'm saying MOP. Why? Because its when WoW really started getting watered down and mutated into something else.
    That's very interesting because that's pretty much what I was going to write. I actually quit the game when MOP was announced. No joke I thought Blizz was trolling us with Kungfu Pandaland. I thought they were just poking fun at us. And when i realized it wasn't a joke I left until the very end of MOP. I realized there were some good things about MOP but it just felt like the game changed into something else. And to me that's when the writing in particular just turned to shit. And the horrible writing has just gotten worse. And at present, geez what's there to even say; the writing is just awful. NO offense to the young people but it feels like it's being written by a highschool student who does this as a hobby (poorly).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FarelinaTV View Post
    For me it was Cata. My favorite was WOTLK and I think I´m one of a few who likes BFA .
    I like BFA more than most as well; it's mostly the writing and some class balance issues that I think are horrible. OK I hate the G'huun fight design as well and they probably needed to release more content by now. But Wrath and TBC were my favs. Prob Wrath is my fav.

WoD - followed by BFA - then Cataclysm.

BFA might take the leading spot, depending on how the expansion goes. So far, it's looking bad.

World of Warcraft: Classic is the worst imo.

WoD by a million miles. Cata is a distant second. After that, nothing else is nearly as bad as either.

BFA has been really disappointing, but the content planned makes me think it'll end up at least being okay when it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    How many of those were viable all at once? A lot of them would be viable and then fall out of flavor. Certain specs at certain times throughout the expansion were overpower to the point where they carried the team, and other specs were so dead they were a liability. It still happens today in the top brackets (by design), but you can find mild success with any spec in today's PVP environment. In WOTLK you wouldn't bring a Holy Priest in PVP because they were shredded in an instant. Now, Holy Priest can at least stay alive and actually have a presence in the match.
    Focusing on the last, very long, season - every comp I listed was viable. The most popular were RMP, WLD, RLS, MLS, PHD, TSG, ATC, BeastCleave, Shatterplay, Shadowplay, RRP, LSD, HLD, WMP, Orange Cleave, and all of the boring cleave varients. That's every class and almost every spec. Even Prot Warrior(ATC) saw play.

You didn't bring holy priest because they didn't bring anything to the team. Thinking through all of the specs, I believe Holy Priest was the only healer that wasn't considered viable. Holy had its uses. It showed up OCCASIONALLY as counter picks in RMP vs bursty comps for Guardian Spirit and vs wither comps just because holy had great throughput but neither really fit the RMP style - priest's main comp.

Everything was viable, everything had a counter and everything was beatable. Some had fewer counters than others like BeastCleave...but the point still stands.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2018-11-12 at 03:56 AM.

The next one, when it is confirmed by BLIZZARD themselves that they are not to be developed by "the best people".

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Brave post, don't share much of it but respect a difference of opinion.

TBC killing off Illidan and Kael'Thas they admitted was a mistake. But only because their ability to write better stories and create more compelling characters in subsequent expansions completely failed.

In many ways, WoW has been dining off of Warcraft III's table scraps for 1 1/2 decades now.
    Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that Illidan here was only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    The next one, when it is confirmed by BLIZZARD themselves that they are not to be developed by "the best people".
    Yikes you’re reading comprehension sucks.

They didn’t say they took all of their best developers and put them on mobile game development, they said they have -some- of the best developers working in that department. What do you expect them to say? “We have some mediocre developers working in he mobile department, don’t worry about it.”??

Not defending them, that whole fiasco is happening for a reason but damn man you might wanna try reading the actual post.

Had to pick BFA.

Yes, the expansion has only just begun, but if you make the rewards in your reward-driven game undesireable you know you done fucked it up. 8.1 will not fix that either. Maybe 8.2 will....but that's half a year from now. The expansion will be mostly told&done at that point.

Cata & WoD were bad. But they still had rewards worth playing for. BFA has NONE. Absolutely nothing. What good is "more content" if there is no point playing it?

Also, class mechanics are worse than those two expansions.

So, really, there was no other option than BFA. BFA is like a Beta of Cata/WoD.

Edit:
    It is "ok" as a Warcraft-Movie, though....seeing how they seemed to spend most of their effort on cinematics (both prerendered & in-game). Those are ok. No questions about it. But if i had the choice i would rather have working reward-systems over eye-candy.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-11-12 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    I have Put Cata , cos I really didn't play it. Was terribly disappointed in Deathwing, his art for me ( the head, is ugly and DERP ) not menacing at all, just a big jaw, so jarring. He was underused, not even in the expansion at all, half the content like in wod was cut. WODould at least had some cool cutscenes and better questing. I read the books and played wc2 expansion, and that voice, metallic, dark, terrifying voice still echoes in my mind when i try to remember it.

BTW I really HATE HATE HATE all that OLD GODS WHISPERING shit in WoW; everything is an old god, IF someone is evil at all its the OLD GODS FAULT

after that

it's WOD40 % BFA60% now, if they patch up the game and make it better, not fuck up the story , than it can become a very good expansion, but doubt it

Deleted
    At least BFA doesn't make you spend 90% of your playtime concealed in a crappy garrison.