Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Love seeing the klan, fire in this game looks awesome. Especially in the woods at night.

Also did a quest for an old man talking about the glory days....turns out he was a slave trader so I executed him when I got back as he kneeled close to his campfire and his body fell into the fire, setting it a light. Quite a poetic/beautiful moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Ive met the klan multiple times killed them too
    Thought you could only encounter them at night but the. I found some during the day! Two were caring a cross a D it fell on top of them when I shot them.

A guy rode buy on his wagon as if he saw nothing. Good times.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man im up to chapter 3 and so far? games kind of boring. Theres been some snippets of fun like getting shit faced in the pub and waking up miles away after a night of blurry chaos but so much of it just kind of feels like 'been there done that' like going to meet the drunk priest to follow him, get him off the tracks then ride back to camp.

I would assume im bored of the rockstar fromula but i think it might be because its a prequel. I know what becomes of John and Dutch so the whole game feels like false threats if that makes sense. So without wondering about their future im left with 'heres how to skin a deer or rob a guy' and its feeling like an ubisoft map filling busywork sim that looks very nice.

Its an odd feeling to get a sequel to one of your all time favourite games and just find yourself bored and playing other stuff instead. Does it ever really pick up in terms of stuff outside the main story?
    How far into Chapter 3 are you? (IMO) You're just getting into the meat of it; Chapters 1&2 are a bloated tutorial (yup!). I'd agree that RDR2 is a slow burner and the polarised opinions are very much justified (and yes, I'm in the 'I love it' group'). There're some interesting side-quests, albeit not all are that great. It's more character-driven than plot driven (RDR1/Older GTAs).

It didn't feel like Ubisoft to me, it certainly doesn't have a clutter of side-stuff. There's ample freedom to do whatever you want. I love exploring the map and finding all the weird stuff/easter eggs.
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2018-11-14 at 09:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Finished the story and absolutely loved it. I will say the game dragged a bit in chapter 6, really made me wish you could just quick travel to each mission starting point as you can in GTA 5.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Thought you could only encounter them at night but the. I found some during the day! Two were caring a cross a D it fell on top of them when I shot them.

A guy rode buy on his wagon as if he saw nothing. Good times.
    You actually get honor for killing them so thats nice.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    How far into Chapter 3 are you? (IMO) You're just getting into the meat of it.
    I just got into Chapter 3 as well and feel the same way, most of chapter 2 was showing you the stuff you could do, seems like chapter 3 you are advancing the story. I've so far not spoiled myself on the story, but I'm certain not everyone is going to make it out alive. I just hope I get to shoot Micah at some point, what a pain in the ass.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the game thorougly and I'm kinda entering a pivotal point where Dutch kills a couple of people and everybody's shocked and I'm like... I've just been massacring entire posses, townspeople, lawmen the entire game and him killing some dude compromises his status as a leader?

TBH, the events you perform in-game are completely contradictory to the way the story is trying to be portrayed. I feel no sympathy for my character and the band that he follows. Everyone is dumb and keep repeating the same stupid mistakes over and over again. The story is arguably the weakest point in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    I'm enjoying the game thorougly and I'm kinda entering a pivotal point where Dutch kills a couple of people and everybody's shocked and I'm like... I've just been massacring entire posses, townspeople, lawmen the entire game and him killing some dude compromises his status as a leader?

TBH, the events you perform in-game are completely contradictory to the way the story is trying to be portrayed. I feel no sympathy for my character and the band that he follows. Everyone is dumb and keep repeating the same stupid mistakes over and over again. The story is arguably the weakest point in the game right now.
    That's the entire point of the story...

You're not supposed to feel sorry for anyone, bad things happen to bad people. If you want bad things to stop happening you need to not be a bad person, but even then bad things can still happen.

I also don't get the "I killed 100s of people!" arguments that always surround story driven shooter games. If you didn't, there would be no gameplay and it would be a walking simulator. Mario literally kills 100s of goombas and koopas but the story being told is never Mario is a serial killer. At some point you need to separate the gameplay from the story and stop taking everything so literally.

If you do by chance kill innocent people, do lots of bad things you will have bad honor and that changes the dialogue massively from a good honor playthrough. Not sure what more people expect out of a video game. Never got the mass murderer arguments around Uncharted, Tomb Raider, BioShock, TLOU or any other shooting based game either. It's the genre of the game, you're going to shoot people. It doesn't mean the story is taking it that you literally killed every person you shot for gameplay reasons. Funny enough this argument never gets passed on to RPGs for whatever reason where you literally kill just as much for gameplay reasons. Plot kills and gameplay kills are very different things regardless of genre.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-14 at 10:32 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That's the entire point of the story...

You're not supposed to feel sorry for anyone, bad things happen to bad people. If you want bad things to stop happening you need to not be a bad person, but even then bad things can still happen.

I also don't get the "I killed 100s of people!" arguments that always surround story driven shooter games. If you didn't, there would be no gameplay and it would be a walking simulator. Mario literally kills 100s of goombas and koopas but the story being told is never Mario is a serial killer. At some point you need to separate the gameplay from the story and stop taking everything so literally.

If you do by chance kill innocent people, do lots of bad things you will have bad honor and that changes the dialogue massively from a good honor playthrough. Not sure what more people expect out of a video game. Never got the mass murderer arguments around Uncharted, Tomb Raider, BioShock, TLOU or any other shooting based game either. It's the genre of the game, you're going to shoot people. It doesn't mean the story is taking it that you literally killed every person you shot for gameplay reasons. Funny enough this argument never gets passed on to RPGs for whatever reason where you literally kill just as much for gameplay reasons. Plot kills and gameplay kills are very different things regardless of genre.
    I'm not sure if you're at the same point I am into the game but Dutch kills two people. Then Arthur gets mad at him for killing those two people.

It's completely inconsistent with him being okay robbing banks, killing hundreds in the process, massacring an entire household during Chapter 2, performing attrocities all over the map while Dutch is with him; he doesn't say a peep here and now he kills two people and is like: "Oh wow, what's happening to you Dutch?" All of a sudden we're supposed to think that Arthur has a conscience when what I perform outside of the cutscenes is completely contradictory to the way the narrative is presented to me.

I understand I'm playing a bad guy with some anti-hero characteristics but as I'm approaching the end of the game, the story is falling flat all over the place.

I'm not sure if you're at the same point I am into the game
    You're right I actually finished the game. So I'm definitely far past that point.

You're literally comparing Dutch murdering An old helpless woman that could have been over powered and left alone, and killing a millionaire business man that is gonna bring the Pinkertons down on the gang even more so then they already are to killing people shooting at you for gameplay purposes. Once again take a minute and stop taking the gameplay elements so literally as if they're the exact same thing as plot kills. If Arthur has "good" honor going there is a very good reason for him to be upset at how Dutch has changed.

You can literally play the game without ever shooting at anyone who doesn't shoot at you first. That's a far cry from what Dutch turns into. Even more so if you never even played RDR1 and don't know how much of a psycho Dutch actually turns into where he literally murders an innocent hotel maid to escape.

Interesting that towns seem to have 5 sheriffs for every 1 resident.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't agree more. Morons following a moron doing the same moronic stuff until all unravels. From the first time Milton showed up I wanted to take his deal. I was over dutch before we left the prologue. I find the narrative of the epilogue to be a fair bit more satisfying. Durning the main game I was annoyed by the actions and decisions of most of the gang, most of the time, Morgan included.

I give the actual story like a 5/10.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Is Buell’s coat unique?

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Interesting that towns seem to have 5 sheriffs for every 1 resident.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't agree more. Morons following a moron doing the same moronic stuff until all unravels. From the first time Milton showed up I wanted to take his deal. I was over dutch before we left the prologue. I find the narrative of the epilogue to be a fair bit more satisfying. Durning the main game I was annoyed by the actions and decisions of most of the gang, most of the time, Morgan included.

I give the actual story like a 5/10.
    Your complaint is basically it's a near true to life story.

What do you think happens in actual street gangs to this very modern day? They find young, vulnerable kids and become father figures to them giving them their dirty work and usually once a person can get past the attachment it's too little too late.

That is exactly what Dutch did... find young and vulnerable people and exploit that to his advantage and it takes a long time for people like Arthur and John to figure that out after basically being raised by the man.

You must find the epilogue "more satisfying" because you haven't actually played RDR1 and don't realize there is no "out" once you live this life style. All the epilogue shows is that John literally tries his best, but can't let go and it results in him ending up being used by people once again in RDR1 until his usefulness expires and they kill him
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-15 at 12:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Is Buell’s coat unique?
    It is and he is a fine horse indeed (although I prefer Missouri fox trotters)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Your complaint is basically it's a near true to life story.

What do you think happens in actual street gangs to this very modern day? They find young, vulnerable kids and become father figures to them giving them their dirty work and usually once a person can get past the attachment it's too little too late.

That is exactly what Dutch did... find young and vulnerable people and exploit that to his advantage and it takes a long time for people like Arthur and John to figure that out after basically being raised by the man.

You must find the epilogue "more satisfying" because you haven't actually played RDR1 and don't realize there is no "out" once you live this life style. All the epilogue shows is that John literally tries his best, but can't let go and it results in him ending up being used by people once again in RDR1 until his usefulness expires and they kill him
    I find it more satisfying because, so far Im not being led around by a moron, I know what happens in RDR I did play and beat it when it came out.

True to life or not, its very unsatisfying to be playing a mook making bad choice after bad choice.

True to life or not, its very unsatisfying to be playing a mook making bad choice after bad choice.
    Cause you expected to play as a guy making good choices in a game where you play an outlaw?

LOL Did you expect it to turn into a JRPG with some plot twist, big bad that you save the world from redeem yourself and become the chosen hero?

Cause you expected to play as a guy making good choices in a game where you play an outlaw?
    Id hoped to have a character that I could empathize or sympathize with, not one I laughed at for being so stupid. He was an alright character when not in story missions, but for me, all the story missions were weak and made everyone, other than Hosea, look pretty fucking stupid or flat out crazy(and thats fine crazy is crazy). Its all opinion based anyway, you liked the story, cool. I didnt, still a great game
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2018-11-15 at 06:00 AM.

Id hoped to have a character that I could empathize or sympathize with, not one I laughed at for being so stupid. He was an alright character when not in story missions, but for me, all the story missions were weak and made everyone, other than Hosea, look pretty fucking stupid or flat out crazy(and thats fine crazy is crazy). Its all opinion based anyway, you liked the story, cool. I didnt, still a great game
    Theres only one character that looks "stupid" and I wouldnt even class it as stupid because thats underselling the subtlety of the story telling.

Dutch is clearly losing the plot, and is that any surprise for someone who ends up as the protagonist in the story in red dead 1?

Oh yea, Hosea the guy who's master plan for a big score leads to 2 deaths, separation of the gang and basically ended the gang. That guy is certainly the ideal of intelligence.

It seems one thing, the writing and acting got you hook like and sinker because Hosea was supposed to be a con man that made you think he was smart. In reality he wasn't smarter then anyone else in the gang outside of maybe Bill.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-11-15 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Theres only one character that looks "stupid" and I wouldnt even class it as stupid because thats underselling the subtlety of the story telling.

Dutch is clearly losing the plot, and is that any surprise for someone who ends up as the protagonist in the story in red dead 1?
    I believe you mean antagonist, but yeah. I have not beaten the game but the story thus far has pretty much been what I expected based on RDR1. The story in this game is about the downfall of a gang so of course you are not going to see them making a bunch of super smart choices and coming out on top. You are going to see the reason they failed and ended up where they were at the start of RDR1 i.e. everyone either dead or scattered.