Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    its easy to counter it by 2 official statement by blizzard
    1) as we all saw on front page of mmo-champion few weeks ago, blizzard literally finished alliance starting zones prior to even start on horde zones for a demo that in the end was never released, the 'horde biased' blizzard - again - finished alliance zones before even start to remember that there is horde in first place
    2) even as recent as BFA, blizz - again - did far more work on alliance zone, flat out stating in blizzcon that most work they did (in music at least) in entire wow history was - guess what - for an alliance zone, again
    And for those of us who can remember as far back as May this year, neither of those excuses hold water.

Remember during the BFA Beta, when the Horde zones were remarkably well polished while the Alliance zones were hot garbage? When Blizzard themselves said that they were focusing on getting Zandalar finished before starting serious work on Kul'tiras?

Any "official statement" Blizzard makes is bullshit. Blatant lies told to benefit whatever narrative they're pushing in that moment, to try and trick the gullible into just forgetting about whatever valid complaints they have with the game.

During the Beta, when the Horde zones were receiving far more attention, it was: "It's not that we're ignoring the Alliance. We just want to get the Horde's quests done so that we can focus 100% on the Alliance content!"
    And now, when people are starting to notice that almost all of the attention is on the Horde, suddenly: "What? No! We put WAY more effort into the Alliance! We totally finished their zones in a demo waaay before we finished the Horde zones! We never released that demo though. Because reasons."

Also when the one example you can give of Blizzard putting more effort into the Alliance is a demo that they literally never released and therefore might never have even EXISTED, you might wanna consider taking a step back and looking at your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a story, you aren't actually a paladin IRL. None of this is real. It will be okay.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-12 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Yes,the ultimate revenge upon the Zandalari leader,who is not even one of the Horde's leaders at that point and opening of the warfront,where the winner is yet to be determined in the future by the Blizzard. What a winning streak!
    Actually, the official line is that Alliance victory is only a matter of weeks. The Horde is in serious trouble. That the Alliance makes a mockery of the Horde efforts on Zandalar and plays them to a T is just the cherry on top.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Actually, the official line is that Alliance victory is only a matter of weeks. The Horde is in serious trouble. That the Alliance makes a mockery of the Horde efforts on Zandalar and plays them to a T is just the cherry on top.
    Yeah sure. Launch patch was Horde, next one will be Allisnce focused, after it's gonna be naga stuff, maybe some war ending near the end or in the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. Instead of finishing them where they are,the Horde writers start to pull their favourite Horde characters out of the shit they did with "but if we attack them now,we won't be better than them".

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    its easy to counter it by 2 official statement by blizzard
    1) as we all saw on front page of mmo-champion few weeks ago, blizzard literally finished alliance starting zones prior to even start on horde zones for a demo that in the end was never released, the 'horde biased' blizzard - again - finished alliance zones before even start to remember that there is horde in first place
    2) even as recent as BFA, blizz - again - did far more work on alliance zone, flat out stating in blizzcon that most work they did (in music at least) in entire wow history was - guess what - for an alliance zone, again

When they tried to balance the horribly imbalanced alliance to horde ratio zones in Cata, the outcry was so high that they still f8cked the most famous horde zone Barrens (also that zone was famous for all wrong reasons) just to please alliance again
    So tell me how 'biased' blizz is for horde, i wish one day they be alliance biased, turn horde to be only superpower, turn Anduin to loot piniata and stormwind to weekly raid with his 2nd in command as a f8ck toy in the raid (his fight wasn't easy in MoP I admit, but now u can right click him if u want)

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh was the child of also another writer in blizzard (was it Alex who made his quests in Cata?) yet that didn't make him immune to be a loot piniata in next exp, however if u follow blizzard since wc2 u'll notice they have fetish for sexy female elves who get hooked with humans for some reason, so even if Sylvanas die, they will get their fetish on another female elf who will get hooked for another human for whatever reason
    It's funny, because i remember it being stated that it was the other way arround, with all the resources being put in to the horde zones, and then the alliance zones being made as an afterthought.

I don't mind it too much either way, i feel like both continets are about equal, both in terms of story and looks.

Not really. Instead of finishing them where they are,the Horde writers start to pull their favourite Horde characters out of the shit they did with "but if we attack them now,we won't be better than them".
    And also finding the body of a man who was burned to ash in dragon-fire on land... in the bottom of the sea, perfectly preserved, after 30 years at the bottom of the ocean. And then raising that man with all his "Forsaken free will" only to successfully brainwash him to use as a weapon against the Alliance.

People claiming that Blizzard is giving the Alliance a "win" with Dazar'alor are just ignoring the fact that they also gave the Horde a way to completely nullify that victory MONTHS in advance. Any victory the Alliance gets in 8.1 is hollow and empty because we've all known for months that it won't fucking matter, that the Horde were just given - gift wrapped, on a silver platter - EXACTLY what they needed to make any edge the Alliance gets completely meaningless.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-11-12 at 10:45 AM.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bias is real, it always was and always will be. I don't think they consider themselves neutral anymore, people who think otherwise are in denial or never played this game for more than a month.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    And also finding the body of a man who was burned to ash in dragon-fire on land... in the bottom of the sea, perfectly preserved, after 30 years at the bottom of the ocean. And then raising that man with all his "Forsaken free will" only to successfully brainwash him to use as a weapon against the Alliance.

People claiming that Blizzard is giving the Alliance a "win" with Dazar'alor are just ignoring the fact that they also gave the Horde a way to completely nullify that victory MONTHS in advance. Any victory the Alliance gets in 8.1 is hollow and empty because we've all known for months that it won't fucking matter, that the Horde were just given - gift wrapped, on a silver platter - EXACTLY what they needed to make any edge the Alliance gets completely meaningless.
    Not even talking about the way,how idiotically Anduin and Genn were portrayed at the siege of Lordaeron,with all the "omg she uses blight" up until "it's a trap!". Oh,the brilliant strategist Sylvanas and the idiots,who are leading the Alliance,who step right into her "trap".

That's also convenienently ignoring that pretty much the entire Horde war campaign (the Abyssal Scepter) is being undone by the Alliance in Dazar'alor. It's obvious the plan with Derek is going to completely backfire or not even take off if you pay attention to the lines of literally every Horde leader that isn't Sylvanas.

The win is that the Alliance has made sure that the Horde and the Zandalari don't have a navy anymore, whereas the Kul'tiran one is still going strong.

Deleted
    Faction identity in 2018 LOL CRINGE

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    That's also convenienently ignoring that pretty much the entire Horde war campaign (the Abyssal Scepter) is being undone by the Alliance in Dazar'alor. It's obvious the plan with Derek is going to completely backfire or not even take off if you pay attention to the lines of literally every Horde leader that isn't Sylvanas.

The win is that the Alliance has made sure that the Horde and the Zandalari don't have a navy anymore, whereas the Kul'tiran one is still going strong.
    I wasn't ignoring that. I didn't know it. I mean I knew about the Abyssal Scepter, but I didn't know it was part of the War Campaign.

Just another one in the list of "Important shit the Alliance should know about that Blizzard just never saw fit to tell them."
    • What the Abyssal Scepter is.
    • That it's gone.
    • Literally anything about the ENTIRE first raid tier.
    • Derek Proudmoore. Just... all of Derek Proudmoore.
    • The growing rivalry between Gallywix and Mekkatorque.
    • Mekkatorque's accomplishments during the war.

This is all important information to the Alliance... that the Alliance is just literally never told. It seems the Horde gets all the Horde's story, AND all the Alliance's story. All of the most important Horde story happens in Horde quests. All of the most important Alliance story happens in the Horde war campaign.

The Alliance, meanwhile, gets B-plots with witch hunting and making everyone friends again. And for their War Campaign, they get to be made fools of by Nathanos half a dozen times, and they kill some vampires that were SO unimportant to the game's story that I'm still finding Horde players who didn't even know they were here.

Blizzard is so vehemently AGAINST giving the Alliance a meaningful victory that the only real win the Alliance has had was against someone completely unrelated that Blizzard brought in for 8.0 EXCLUSIVELY to feed to him the Alliance in that exact same patch so that they could pretend both sides are having their share of wins.

You know how unsatisfying it is in a story when the only characters that die are brand new ones, obviously brought in purely TO die in that same chapter? When a character comes in, goes "Boy I sure do love living!" and then dies in the next scene?
    That feeling is exactly how it feels to play Alliance in BFA.

If you want a perfect example of exactly HOW the Alliance story is being neglected: just play through Waycrest Manor as an Alliance character.
    You spend a good part of that zone's progression-locking quest... the quest you NEED to do to get the "Waycrest Manor" quest... uncovering the truth about Gorak Tul. That he wasn't really killed all those years ago, and that he's still around today.
    You find these things out, with Lucille Waycrest. She KNOWS these things.

Yet, in Waycrest Manor, when Gorak shows himself...
    Lucille: "Gorak Tul?! Impossible! My ancestors killed you! How are you alive?!"

Blizzard literally couldn't finish a single questline on the Alliance side without managing to completely fucking disregard that EXACT SAME QUESTLINE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Faction identity in 2018 LOL CRINGE
    >Current year
    >Using the word "cringe"

Pot, meet kettle.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-11-12 at 11:22 AM.

Blizzard HATES Alliance and is only making the game so they can BULLY them because they really really HATE all Alliance players as we all know grown men care so much about what race you choose in a game.

Is it so hard for them to admit,that they are 100% Horde and they write it in the way,so that they would be the bullies and the Alliance - the bullied,a faction,which nowadays is made only to take the blows from the Horde and nothing more. With the recent interview,it's clear,that Sylvanas will yet again get away with her crimes,because "she is so popular among the playerbase". Or maybe she is just popular among few individual groups,which include her writers,who think that Warcraft would stop to exist without her?

Probably you have seen the post on the Reddit about the comparison between the Horde and the Alliance,with a question "who is the real underdog here?". If you haven't,I'll resume it:

1)The Blizzard itself paying the Horde player streamers so that they raid Boralus,while throwing the Alliance players out the Zuldazar capital because "they were causing lags".
    2)Usual developer cheering for the Horde at Blizzcons and shouting boo at the few people,who represent the Alliance there.
    3)Writing the lore in favour of the Horde - how many cities did the Horde lose? Ooh,I know,Camp Taurajo,right? How many wars did the Horde start? Most of them?

So yes,all of those writers and developers,who say,that the Warcraft is everything to them,should stop lying and admit,that the Horde is everything for them,not the Warcraft and the Alliance exists solely to be pushed around by the "cool" and "interesting" bully - Horde. When Metzen was working there,he at least tried to represent the both sides. Now,all we have is that the Horde fans,who are playing the Horde to this day,are writing the story for themselves.
    First of all, learn to write properly, it will make it easier to get your trivia/tidbit discussions across. Spaces after commas, super simple stuff.

Also, of course they aren't going to admit it even if it's true, because it'll create even more whine about this useless topic than there already is.

The Alliance, meanwhile, gets B-plots with witch hunting and making everyone friends again. And for their War Campaign, they get to be made fools of by Nathanos half a dozen times, and they kill some vampires that were SO unimportant to the game's story that I'm still finding Horde players who didn't even know they were here.
    I mean, yeah, that's kind of the same on both factions. The Alliance has no clue about the Abyssal Scepter and the Horde has no clue about the San'layn unless you read this forum/play both factions. ALL this stuff really should've been communicated to BOTH factions. Especially if you bring it back later on like the Scepter the other faction SHOULD know.

Blizzard is so vehemently AGAINST giving the Alliance a meaningful victory that the only real win the Alliance has had was against someone completely unrelated that Blizzard brought in for 8.0 EXCLUSIVELY to feed to him the Alliance in that exact same patch so that they could pretend both sides are having their share of wins.
    If you're focusing on the Scepter, yes, you're right. The point being that the Alliance's win is very meaningful. They've blown up the entire Zandalari navy, which was the only reason the Horde was on Zandalar in the first place. It's not just the war campaign, the entire premise of going to Zandalar has been undone for the Horde in Dazar'alor. That's pretty meaningful I'd say.

You know how unsatisfying it is in a story when the only characters that die are brand new ones, obviously brought in purely TO die in that same chapter? When a character comes in, goes "Boy I sure do love living!" and then dies in the next scene?
    That feeling is exactly how it feels to play Alliance in BFA.
    This is really a "two sides to a coin" kind of deal though. Yes, that definitely feels unsatisfying. However, it's because so goddamn many meaningful Horde leaders have been killed off in the past few years that we just don't have that many left to kill off, and no new ones have been built up. The Darkspear don't even have a leader for the past and this expansion for crying out loud. Why would the Alliance kill Baine? He's a closer ally to them than the Horde.

Added difficulty that most races don't even have a "next in line". If you'd kill off Gallywix, Baine or Ji there's no one left to replace them. Kind of the same as when Vol'jin died. The Forsaken essentially only have Sylvanas and Nathanos, the orcs only have Eitrigg and Saurfang. The only race with enough leaders that one could, theoretically, be killed off are the Blood Elves and the Allied Races, so they went with one of the Allied Races.

If you want a perfect example of exactly HOW the Alliance story is being neglected: just play through Waycrest Manor as an Alliance character.
    You spend a good part of that zone's progression-locking quest... the quest you NEED to do to get the "Waycrest Manor" quest... uncovering the truth about Gorak Tul. That he wasn't really killed all those years ago, and that he's still around today.
    You find these things out, with Lucille Waycrest. She KNOWS these things.

Yet, in Waycrest Manor, when Gorak shows himself...
    Lucille: "Gorak Tul?! Impossible! My ancestors killed you! How are you alive?!"

Blizzard literally couldn't finish a single questline on the Alliance side without managing to completely fucking disregard that EXACT SAME QUESTLINE.
    Yeah, that is definitely pretty shitty to say the least..

You mean aside from completely undoing any Horde accomplishments against them in 8.0?

Yes, neither side can ever truly win. But that's a limitation of the medium, not a concious writing decision.

Let me guess, your main is a human paladin right? With posts like this almost makes me to support the current warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    I'm fine with being the underdog. What I am not fine with is that I can't deal with the scum like Sylvanas,because she is the favourite character of her own writers and they will rather destroy the WoW's lore,than allow something happen to her. And I'm not sure,if Alliance will achieve victory one day,if the writers are not neutral people who care about story,but are Horde fans,who care only about the Horde side and who make the Alliance look like a bunch of losers,who can't properly wage a war.
    Wait a moment, Alliance is the underdog? HAHAHA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    Blizzard HATES Alliance and is only making the game so they can BULLY them because they really really HATE all Alliance players as we all know grown men care so much about what race you choose in a game.
    Yeah, right. This is why the Alliance cannot do anything wrong and if they do, it's downplayed because it has all been done for a greater cause.

You know why playing the victim card is soo good? Because in this case, someone else is to blame, not you. This is the only reason why the Alliance gets to do all that each and every time. If you guys would be fine with being the bad guys at least once, things would look differently. But at the moment, you sit on your high horse and cannot do anything but complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I mean, yeah, that's kind of the same on both factions. The Alliance has no clue about the Abyssal Scepter and the Horde has no clue about the San'layn unless you read this forum/play both factions. ALL this stuff really should've been communicated to BOTH factions. Especially if you bring it back later on like the Scepter the other faction SHOULD know.
    The faction does. The player character doesn't. Horde and Alliance characters see different parts of the same story, not different stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think the entirety of the developers have a pronounced Horde bias, hate the Alliance, or anything like that - we already know that a few important people in the story development dept. have their favorites, of course; but I am sure there are pressures to ensure that bias is not as obvious as all that. What I do think, though, is that at current the Horde story is moving the plot of BfA in a way it probably shouldn't be - the Horde acts, the Alliance reacts, and the dynamic is certainly one of active vs. passive (respectively). Because of that unfortunate calculus the Horde story feels a bit more meaty, at least to me - they're the origin of the plot, each arc of the story feeling as if it hinges on their actions.

8.1 could be changing this dynamic a bit with the Battle of Zuldazar, which feels like the Alliance's first real offensive foray in the war, but that remains to be seen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead