Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Except that's not what she said at all. She didn't say masculinity is bad. She was saying that men should be chastised for showing emotion. That's pretty hard to disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Anduin main issue is he really hasn't done anything to earn his current position beyond 'birth right'.
    That's sort of how hereditary monarchies work though.

Deleted
    Eeeew boy just wait for Garrosh to put all that gay non-toxic beta males faggots in their place. All hail to the true and only warchief.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-11-13 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    High King isn't hereditary monarchy.

So then he should be King of Stormwind, not the entire Alliance.
    change can't wait.

Deleted
    Except that's not what she said at all. She didn't say masculinity is bad. She was saying that men should be chastised for showing emotion. That's pretty hard to disagree with.

Well clearly yes. I'm even a monarchist irl. But Prince William isn't one of the central protagonists in a fictional story or at any point wield total power. Whether he 'worthy' of his position isn't really important. Andiun current position doesn't make for a compelling story, people treat him like a good king while he has done little to show his a good king.

In something like game of thrones the monarchs tend be treated differently if they're good, bad, tyrannical or weak.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-11-12 at 04:37 PM.

Just pay attention, wow has been leaning towards women leadership. Almost every new relevant character is female.

Taelia fordragon will fall in love with Anduin but he will go out of the closet soon enough.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienated Liberal Mitten View Post
    Anduin isnt annoying because he isnt roided up or goes into some male fantasy about being alfa wolf or some shit like that. He is annoying because he is a spineless fuck.
    He stood up to garrosh twice unarmed, stood up to saurfang, stood up to sylvanas once by him self. He’s A lot of things but spineless isn’t one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He stood up to garrosh twice unarmed, stood up to saurfang, stood up to sylvanas once by him self. He’s A lot of things but spineless isn’t one of them.
    Because he knew auntie christie would never let him get hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Just pay attention, wow has been leaning towards women leadership. Almost every new relevant character is female.

Taelia fordragon will fall in love with Anduin but he will go out of the closet soon enough.
    While i think the fact ALL the allied races have female leaders is an over correction. All but 3 of the 'full' races have male leaders. So far as i can see if just balancing more then it was.

Thread about masculinity from a bunch of computer gamer geeks.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    yeah, it took a real beta cuck to stand up to one of the best orc warriors of all time armed with nothing but a gong mallet.
    Just because blizzard wrote it that way it doesn't mean it makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Thread about masculinity from a bunch of computer gamer geeks.
    And how are those mutually exclusive ?

Not to mention that anduin is pretty much a caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Anduin main issue is he really hasn't done anything to earn his current position beyond 'birth right'.
    He inherited the title of "King of Stormwind" through his lineage, and was made High King by the other faction leaders because they believe in his eventual Potential™. It has nothing to do with his bloodline or his accomplishments; it's purely about what they believe he can do, given the help and guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And how are those mutually exclusive ?

Not to mention that anduin is pretty much a caricature.
    Anduin is basically a nice guy who got handed the job of king whether he wanted it or not. Trying to live up to father's legacy, because Dad said "what a king must do". I see him as a bit of an anti-hero, an everyman, if everyman was basically good and had good intentions. Anduin doesn't always know what to do, but he's always trying to do the right thing. For me, that makes him easy to identify with.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he knew auntie christie would never let him get hurt.
    Golden wasn’t working at blizzard in mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Anduin is basically a nice guy who got handed the job of king whether he wanted it or not. Trying to live up to father's legacy, because Dad said "what a king must do". I see him as a bit of an anti-hero, an everyman, if everyman was basically good and had good intentions. Anduin doesn't always know what to do, but he's always trying to do the right thing. For me, that makes him easy to identify with.
    He is also a caricature. That has very little to identify with.

He is almost as relatable as richie rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Golden wasn’t working at blizzard in mop.
    She straight up pushed him as character from very start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    He inherited the title of "King of Stormwind" through his lineage, and was made High King by the other faction leaders because they believe in his eventual Potential™. It has nothing to do with his bloodline or his accomplishments; it's purely about what they believe he can do, given the help and guidance.
    and i don't think we really shown evidence his 'worthy' of either

to clarify my views:

Right =/= Earn
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-11-12 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Clearly considering he's a beta male at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he has a gender identity crisis in the future and the Alliance becomes ruled by High Queen Anduina
    I would say a Charlie Male at best. Little Lion

7+ Year Old Account
    She straight up pushed him as character from very start.
    The start of what? When she started working at blizzard the story was already set as we know from warbringers. When she started working for blizzard she didn’t have control of the story she was filling out blizzard orders just fluffying them up. Not till post warbringers bfa has she actually been in a position to make any chooses about his character.

The problem must be mine, dunno, but i'm clearly tired of all these meme expressions "toxic masculinity" "alpha and beta males" "human potential" "SJW", whatever.

Everyone can be a jerk sometimes during their lives, but some people are just more regularly than others, and sometimes it is our society that gives incentives for them to act like jerks. I guess it all comes to us to reflect in our own actions and see what we are doing right or wrong, even if acting wrong is a trend in our own society.

The entertainment industry is good in passing messages, especially messages that support and healthy interaction with other humans, independent of their race, gender, height, weight, religion, whatever.

And Anduin is a clear example of a concept of a good and honorable human being. But also other concepts are shown, like Sylvanas, Garrosh, Thrall, Saurfang, Shaw, Graymane, etc. And today it is a trend to show lots of flawed characters to keep the stories interesting, like for example we see on GoT. however it is important that the entertainment industry shows that being good and honorable brings more benefits in the long run than being a jerk or being evil / corrupt, so kids and people feel and are taught that being good rewards more than being evil, despite all the bad things we see in real life.

I really don't see the point of this thread though. It seems that a good sensible guy is a target for mockery, because his behaviour isn't "edgy" or "alpha male-ish" enough. I guess it still is part of mankind that ancient animal part of us, which considers the strongest / muscular / agressive one the fittest, after all those were the ones who kept our societies alive hundreds of years ago, and this kind of tradition is hard to forget in the recent modern times, especially as our society changed so much in the last few decades. But i do agree with Golden. It is important to show good rolemodels as well as the other models (more evil or agressive), so people can see and choose to be what they want to be, and acknowledging what is right and what is wrong.

So this thread for me is a clear bait for edgy players that want to mock Anduin and call him a beta male for not solving everything with his fists