Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. Japan has the best cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    California rolls!
    California rolls actually started in Canada. For reals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Have you never eaten flammkuchen? It's good!
    Only with a jug of Federweißer

It’s difficult to indentify something “purely” American. A lot of it is bastardized European, and more recently Asian and Mexican. If I’m to stretch I’d say a a hotdog with a really high quality frank, or a really good burger. Though I’m sure adding meat into a pocket of bread is far from a solely American concept. And southern BBQ (with sauce version).

That said, I loves me some southern French, Moroccan, Persian, Vietnamese, and Spanish foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    California rolls actually started in Canada. For reals.
    As did Hawaiian pizza.

Feel like Steak is like a global thing. I know the COWS come from the US, unless Im going all out.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

One of my favourite foods is actually Swedish with a pretty recent history, 1980's, and came to be by accident. Tjälknul. I didn't know I loved meat until I had this dish, and knowing it's from Moose makes it even better.

Other favourite meats of mine from locally sourced ingredients include Vindelnrökt. Meats smoked in a little community called Vindeln, 60 kilometers from where I live. They have smoked pork filét and ham. I could live off their products but they're a bit pricey!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-12 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, curry is my favourite food by far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jajangmyeon

That's my absolute favorite. So, yeah I guess?
    Also mine, but I'm not from Korea. And yes, I realize it's technically a Chinese food.

Some of them are - mostly meat and side dishes involving potatoes - and some of them are not, given how much I enjoy Mediterranean cuisine.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    One of my favourite foods is actually Swedish with a pretty recent history, 1980's, and came to be by accident. Tjälknul. I didn't know I loved meat until I had this dish, and knowing it's from Moose makes it even better.

[IMG]snip![/IMG]

Other favourite meats of mine from locally sourced ingredients include Vindelnrökt. Meats smoked in a little community called Vindeln, 60 kilometers from where I live. They have smoked pork filét and ham. I could live off their products but they're a bit pricey!
    Ugh that looks so good.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    This may be more of an American thing, but we have so many options here for authentic (and not so authentic) foreign foods that I've realized I almost never eat American when I go out to eat anymore. My favorite right now is either pad thai or tangsuyuk.

Is your favorite food from your country?
    All food is American food, because we have all cultures present in America. It must be so boring living where there is only one culture. I can't imagine.

Me personally I really like Mexican cuisine. For example, my favorite dish is called Caldo Tlalpeño.

Roast duck, Spätzle fried in butter with Bröseln (white bread crumbs), red cabbage with apple, orange gravey.

Or if I look towards my croatian ancestors, Muckalica, which is slowcooked meat (usually pork) in creme sauce with baked peppers and mushrooms. Serve with corn bread.

KFC I think its from Murica

Kentucky.

Also like Southern fried Chicken with herbs & spices.

Irish food is pretty bland, but I do enjoy;

- Irish Stew
    - Irish Fry
    - Colcannon
    - Coddle
    - Soda Bread
    - Boxty (Potato Bread/Pancake)

But as to my FAVOURITE foods;

Mostly Indian, Malaysian and Italian.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-11-24 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Sunday Roast

10+ Year Old Account
    Pasta. So no, is not from my country.

there's not a lot of authentic native food around here anymore.. most of it are a mish mash from other places.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.