Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how quickly your brain can go from weirded out to awesome. Good show.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I must be dated then lol
    To be fair, the first generation is essentially in the real world, with explicit references to China and the Pacific Ocean; in fact, the area you play in is named after a real region in Japan. The last few games were inspired by New York, Paris, and Hawaii, but it's now more clearly its own world.

I'M going to watch this for ryan reynolds, even if its terrible.

that dude can make anything great that's not green lantern.

How does pikachu's hat not constantly fall off...

Not sure what to expect but I'll definately watch this at some point. I wonder if the cinemas will be filled with either 25-35 year olds who grew up with he original Pokémon, or a bunch of kids who watch the newer stuff. If its the former I'd rather not go..

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I like the animation. The story seems like it's straight out of Roger Rabbit, which isn't bad. The voice of the pokemon makes me want to kill myself, though. Pikachu never needed more than Pika Pika to be understood in the cartoons. :/
    I'm pretty sure Ash was never having fluent conversations with pikachu lol.

Deleted
    They should call this movie Ted 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ash was never having fluent conversations with pikachu lol.
    Pretty sure Ash wasnt black either but hollywood gonna hollywood.

I barely watch any moves and I need to see this just for the hilarity factor. The concept is so ridiculous that I can't imagine it not being worth it if only for the trainwreck factor.

And who knows, it doesn't look...terrible? It's weirdly close to those "artist rendition of a hyper-realistic pokemon" though, and that's creepy as hell. In a good way. Or at least a funny way.

This is unexpected but I definitely need this is in my life.

I think there going for the "Roger Rabbit" vibe.
    What was good for the early 80s, might not work well today.

Promoting the hell out of Ryan Reynolds might save it, box-office-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been against a lot of anime/gaming films that try to make live adaptions, however this looked and felt good. It's a different take on the Pokemon universe but in a humorous way. For any mature fan, or really any fan of Pokemon this movie is worth at the very least a single watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Promoting the hell out of Ryan Reynolds might save it, box-office-wise.
    Ryan Reynolds didnt do much for the hitmans bodyguard, life, self-less, green lantern.

His only hits have been deadpool and the proposal. So a superhero movie and a rom com where he got naked.

Not exactly a bankable star by any means.

Its pokemon, it doesnt need an actors help. this movie will sell fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    This doesn't look bad. I knew Ryan Reynolds were going to be in the movie but had no idea he was going to be the voice.
    He was picked at the time that a petition to have pikachu voiced by Danny DeVito was going around. 2 excellent choices honestly.

On-topic, honestly looks better than what I expected if I'm perfectly honest. Still looks bad, but a whole lot more faithful than any other game based movie, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhh...

Yeah, I might give it a shot, if I don't have to pay for it. Just to see how ridiculous it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How does pikachu's hat not constantly fall off...
    It's made from polyester. Static electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It's made from polyester. Static electricity.
    but of course! that makes sense.

I can enjoy the film now

Deleted
    Looks actually very cool! I really enjoy the fact they did not go with a hyper realistic style for the Pokémon and kept the cartoony looks. Definitely hyped!

The pokemons themselves look great for live action,however i'd rather had Ryan Reynolds just act on his own instead of being the voice of Pikachu

I think it would have been much more interesting to see him interact with a Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pretty sure Ash wasnt black either but hollywood gonna hollywood.
    It's not Ash though lol.