Page 1 of 3
LastLast

so what do you guys think of the new official forums?

ive done a bit of glancing at the things said about them but i dont know what to think rightly .

anyone have any info on it or thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    New? Looks the same to me.

Same buggy, poorly coded pile of junk as they usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    New? Looks the same to me.

Same buggy, poorly coded pile of junk as they usually are.
    they go into read only mode the 13th and then are supposed to have functionality like the overwatch forums.

i dont know .

there is something about "trust levels" or some ominous sounding stuff like that.

also though they are going to allow people with certain "trust levels" to embed images and memes .

i just dont know if its going to be some sort of bad thing with only blizzard shills getting those levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    they go into read only mode the 13th and then are supposed to have functionality like the overwatch forums.

i dont know .

there is something about "trust levels" or some ominous sounding stuff like that.

also though they are going to allow people with certain "trust levels" to embed images and memes .

i just dont know if its going to be some sort of bad thing with only blizzard shills getting those levels.
    Got a link? Haven't heard anything about that. It sounds pretty bad, and it'd explain why there are so many shills coming out of the woodwork these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Got a link? Haven't heard anything about that. It sounds pretty bad, and it'd explain why there are so many shills coming out of the woodwork these days.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9719664?page=1

should be the right one. also on the official forums theres posts about it with the green mvp mark besides them that go into some of it.

Where's the "trust levels" commentary?

This reads like "we're updating our forum tech"

- - - Updated - - -

Ah found it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/he...ust-levels/380

- - - Updated - - -

Literally nothing ominous about "trust levels"

Trust sounds like just verifying that you aren't a bot. Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Where's the "trust levels" commentary?

This reads like "we're updating our forum tech"

- - - Updated - - -

Ah found it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/he...ust-levels/380

- - - Updated - - -

Literally nothing ominous about "trust levels"
    sorry i just was glancing at it and diddnt link it . i dont know really if it is ominous really. it just seems like it could be some sort of carrot on a stick for people to not be critical of blizzard and i dont know about the reporting system and its enforcement .

ahh well will just have to see.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing ominous, but I'm sure the usual Youtubers are making videos to peddle a tinfoil hat conspiracy.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nothing ominous, but I'm sure the usual Youtubers are making videos to peddle a tinfoil hat conspiracy.
    Blizzard's announcement literally says you won't be able to post very often unless you get higher trust levels.

TLDR: They are ruining their forums, so less people post, so they don't have to pay as many CMs.

Probably it's a mobile-friendly forum...lulz
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    It's a new form of censoring but hey that's the new norm apparently. I trust me, I guess that will have to do official-forum'ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Blizzard's announcement literally says you won't be able to post very often unless you get higher trust levels.

TLDR: They are ruining their forums, so less people post, so they don't have to pay as many CMs.
    I don't think you even read it. YOu get unlimited posts at level 1. To get to level 1 you must:

Entering at least 5 topics
    Reading at least 30 posts
    Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Sorry, that comes nowhere close to ruining the forums and getting less people to post.

Unless this removes my permanant ban I couldn't care less.

why are MVPs posting the details instead of the WoW/blizz staff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fine. Great to see it upgraded.

Kinda liked the BlizzCon forum setup.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Will they load faster? The US forums seem to take forever to load (UK), but no other website, EU included, loads absoulutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post

a company not wanting usual trolls to keep posting the same bs about their games over and over ?

the end of the world is comming ... for trolls. perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9719664?page=1

should be the right one. also on the official forums theres posts about it with the green mvp mark besides them that go into some of it.
    Meh, nothing too much seems to be changing. Hopefully the forums won't randomly log me out and refuse to let me back in until I go to the main website and log out and back in again.

I'll never be able to get to Trust level 3 because I've been banned from the forums twice and suspended from the game once for three hours 7 years ago, so that sucks.

Tree threading ? That's a great idea, anything that cuts back on a thousand pages of repeated history in a linear thread.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.