10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    "the robots have more personality."
    If we're talking Fallout 4, then yeah, I'd say Codsworth and Curie have more personality than, say, the guy painting the wall of Diamond City green, or the guy in Goodneighbour who wants a beer robot.

Wow. You really are doing all you can to defend this game aren't you? I hope you realise people who mindless defend billion dollar companies for shitty products are exactly why consumers in gaming are getting more and more screwed over. Some of us expect more for our money.
    Then go buy something else. This isn't about "shitty products". Just "products you, personally, have decided not to like". I like Fallout 76 just fine. If you don't like that, well, tough nuts. You don't get to control my enjoyment.

And if you're going to misrepresent facts to put the game in a bad light, I'm gonna point out that misrepresentation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You didn't answer my question again though...

Also, I've addressed that. Some NPC's are not in the that list, however they are listed here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallou..._and_computers
    No. They aren't. That wiki just contains stuff members have filled in. Right off the bat, they're missing the quest protectron for the Fire Breathers questline, and I'm pretty sure also the CAMP protectron at the airport. And those are both right in the main questlines, not obscure side characters you might miss.

If anything, the incomplete lists you're pointing at demonstrate how thoroughly incorrect the claim that "there are no NPCs" is. Even though they're so incomplete that they're not useful in showing that they're supposedly few in number.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Mod that shit and take both robobro and the dog.
    Nah dont even bother with just that. Use the mod that has anyone and everyone that isnt hostile follow you around.

"the robots have more personality."

Wow. You really are doing all you can to defend this game aren't you? I hope you realise people who mindless defend billion dollar companies for shitty products are exactly why consumers in gaming are getting more and more screwed over. Some of us expect more for our money.
    man, don't bother.

the mindless masses just consume consume consume, they don't give a shit about exceptionalism anymore. just look at the npcs defending blizzard's mobile bullshit.

the world's going to be nothing but a steaming pile of mediocrity because the soulless sacks of walking flesh outnumber people that remember what exceptionalism is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    man, don't bother.

the mindless masses just consume consume consume, they don't give a shit about exceptionalism anymore. just look at the npcs defending blizzard's mobile bullshit.

the world's going to be nothing but a steaming pile of mediocrity because the soulless sacks of walking flesh outnumber people that remember what exceptionalism is.
    Your demand for an echo chamber, and that everyone not part of said echo chamber is a mindless "NPC", is so ridiculously oxymoronic that it's hard to believe that you're actually serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me this - do you think fallout 76 would be better with followers, actual NPC's and characters - and a story you are directly involved in to the extent of fallout 4 or NV?
    With followers? No. Doesn't jive with multiplayer.
    With actual NPCs and characters? A story you're involved in? It's got that.

A story where we're the Sole Saviour, Fated to Save Everything and Everyone, because Fuck You, not particularly; that's the weakest part of Fallout 4 IMO.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-11-13 at 01:15 AM.

I just don't get the mentality of trying to defend a multi billion dollar company in any sense - they are supposed to pander to us, not the other way around.
    Yeah this whole thing got riddiculous in game industry in recent years. It seems like some customers were kind of "trained" to root for companies like for football teams, as if some CEOs and a few shareholders well being was more important than your enjoyment of the game.

Think Marvel Cinematic Universe. Some movies are better, some are worse, but imagine them releasing, IDK, Captain America 4: The Americaning. Only 40% of the whole movie is reused footage from the previous movies, no new villain is introduced and some of the actors do not show up, and are only heard via phone calls Captain makes. Would people say "Okay, I paid the same amount of money to see this movie as the other ones, but this is fine, I'm glad they are making some cuts, this is in no way a worse experiance than before"? That's what is kind of happening in game industry.

Anyway, fk Fallout 76 is lazy. Turning a series that was ALL ABOUT human interactions in desolate world, working with or against various factions like the Enclave, Brotherhood, Ceasars Legion or even Crazies of the Atom into a series of world quests.

Damn; this page needs some moderation and spoiler tags.

Also, a Fallout/Skyrim MMO-type game with quest NPCs in it would be one of the most trolly things I can imagine.

Given that the robot in the first town could only be used by one person at a time, that'd be pretty cool to have someone afk on the person you need to talk to. Or maybe some clan/guild/group stand in a complete circle around the NPC you need to get to. Or maybe they could simply kill the NPC you need to talk to. Or kite some giant mean enemy onto the NPC you need to talk to.
    Last edited by stross01; 2018-11-13 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, I give up… this clearly ain’t going anywhere, it’s not that you don’t understand, you just want to keep pretending that you don’t, that way you can keep arguing just against the simple fact that they do indeed exist, hell, you don’t even need to go as far as showing them that list, again, just remind them that the shit they are killing are also considered NPCs, there, simple and easy.
    I understand what you are saying.

I am pointing out that you are wrong. The game world feels active and engaging. There are both hostile and friendly NPCs. People are taking one small comment by a developer and ignoring the actual game as it currently exists.

You don’t say…

Well, I guess we are done here then, we proven them haters how wrong they are, gg easy!

THE FACT THAT THEY EXIST WAS NEVER THE FUCKING POINT.

Fuck it, I give up… this clearly ain’t going anywhere, it’s not that you don’t understand, you just want to keep pretending that you don’t, that way you can keep arguing just against the simple fact that they do indeed exist, hell, you don’t even need to go as far as showing them that list, again, just remind them that the shit they are killing are also considered NPCs, there, simple and easy.
    To be fair your mistake here was expecting Endus to use logic and reason in discussions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair your mistake here was expecting Endus to use logic and reason in discussions.
    A true wingman takes a five for his comrade in arms.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah this whole thing got riddiculous in game industry in recent years. It seems like some customers were kind of "trained" to root for companies like for football teams, as if some CEOs and a few shareholders well being was more important than your enjoyment of the game.

Think Marvel Cinematic Universe. Some movies are better, some are worse, but imagine them releasing, IDK, Captain America 4: The Americaning. Only 40% of the whole movie is reused footage from the previous movies, no new villain is introduced and some of the actors do not show up, and are only heard via phone calls Captain makes. Would people say "Okay, I paid the same amount of money to see this movie as the other ones, but this is fine, I'm glad they are making some cuts, this is in no way a worse experiance than before"? That's what is kind of happening in game industry.

Anyway, fk Fallout 76 is lazy. Turning a series that was ALL ABOUT human interactions in desolate world, working with or against various factions like the Enclave, Brotherhood, Ceasars Legion or even Crazies of the Atom into a series of world quests.
    To be fair loads of sub forums/megathreads have their mindless shills/drones in. This is just one of them.

WoW, Star Citizen, Rift, Wildstar, Destiny 2 and the list goes on. End of the day they call people out on echo chamber bullshit and that is exactly what they themselves want.

Hypocrites and sad ones at that imo.

Not gonna touch this with a 10 foot pole. I dont play Fallout games to play online action shooters with other people, I play them to (hopefully) get an interesting story with my character as the main protagonist, not play pvp.
    Quite sad that they made it this way, I REALLY hope they dont go the same route with Elder Scrolls series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I understand what you are saying.

I am pointing out that you are wrong. The game world feels active and engaging. There are both hostile and friendly NPCs. People are taking one small comment by a developer and ignoring the actual game as it currently exists.
    Damn Endus really is omniscient... He not only knows that Bethesda is lying about NPCs to disparage their own product for some reason and make it sound worse than it is AND knows more about their own product than they do... But now he knows that other people are feeling the wrong thing and tells them how they actually should feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people mad that some people are looking forward to and might enjoy this game?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Are people mad that some people are looking forward to and might enjoy this game?
    Seems like people are mad that others don't like that Bethesda is taking Fallout is a different direction as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Seems like people are mad that others don't like that Bethesda is taking Fallout is a different direction as well.
    Its one thing to not like what Bethesda has done. That's fine, understandable, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it seems people are actually mad at others for liking/not liking the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    To YOU, it feels active and engaging, to YOU.
    I've never argued that everyone should love this game. Not once. I have argued against specific complaints, on their objectivity.

Also, that “developer” is fucking Todd Howard, the director of the fucking thing, but apparently what they say only matters when it’s bloody convenient… it’s also not that people are ignoring the game as it currently is, is quite the other way around, it’s just you that keeps pretending that there is no real difference between Fallout 76 and the previous titles.

Do you understand the slight difference now? Because it’s there, you might not mind it, it might not feel like much to YOU, but its fucking there, and many simply dislike this “change” to the approach of storytelling, it makes them feel less engaged... again, it's not really what makes it a good or bad game in my opinion, it's just different, some like it, others don't.
    I understand that people might not like it.

What I'm disagreeing with are statements like;
    1> That there "are no NPCs". This is A> untrue, and B> not backed up by what Todd Howard even said.
    2> That there is no story. There is. A lot of it.
    3> That environmental storytelling is "bad", or at least, "worse" than NPC-driven storytelling. This is a preference, not an objective truth. You not liking it does not make a game, or its approach to storytelling, "bad".

I haven't made a single post criticizing anyone who's posted just to say the game doesn't feel like something they're interested in. They're free to feel that. I have been arguing against objective claims.

So far 4 robots in fallout 76 seemed more alive than the human npcs in fallout 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Damn Endus really is omniscient... He not only knows that Bethesda is lying about NPCs to disparage their own product for some reason and make it sound worse than it is AND knows more about their own product than they do... But now he knows that other people are feeling the wrong thing and tells them how they actually should feel.

the robots are npcs….I know its hard to understand but thats what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    So far 4 robots in fallout 76 seemed more alive than the human npcs in fallout 4.

- - - Updated - - -

the robots are npcs….I know its hard to understand but thats what they are.
    I mean, TIL NPCs mean humans.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I mean, TIL NPCs mean humans.

/s
    Well to bad they aren't. Or is that dog a player following you around.

/s