Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "If you lose the timer something interesting also happens"

Bwon laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Connected117 View Post
    So CC the final 1% during last boss, down boss, kill mob, wave disappears.

Interesting.
    Why? Can't you just kill the final boss and then clear the trash after?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    So... who thinks this is going to be stupidly broken, and most groups will dissolve at the 20% mark the first time this happens? I doubt even the best players in the world could take on the trash of an entire dungeon at once on a 10+ key. Bolstering, volcanic, and explosive weeks will be essentially impossible.
    When you reach for example the 60 % mark I don't think 60 % of the trash mobs will rush you, only the latest 20 %. Still crazy however :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This affix sounds amazing for competitive groups.

tbh that fits m+ perfectly. It's gonna suck for pugs n shit, but then again, if it was up to me I wouldn't want m+ to be the MAIN thing of this game anyways, but something like arenas which is really made for competitive groups.

Mythic dungeons that get harder and harder (if you want better loot) and without a timer should be the default way on how dungeons should work. M+ is too much esports, too much stress and toxicity... it has simply no place in an MMORPG
    I agree. I would also like it if there was no timer. Just more and more difficult content. The "professional" MDI teams could still run them on time for the competitions.

"Hey guys lets skip these packs using invis"....... *reaping procs* "GUESS AGAIN YOU FUCK"

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    "Hey guys lets skip these packs using invis"....... *reaping procs* "GUESS AGAIN YOU FUCK"
    That's what I was wondering. When reaping procs, will the mobs respawn where they were killed? Or where you are in the dungeon at that time? I'm just picturing these respawns pulling half the dungeon trash you skipped lol.

Let's hope these guys proc Explosive or trigger shit like Bursting, that'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    That's what I was wondering. When reaping procs, will the mobs respawn where they were killed? Or where you are in the dungeon at that time? I'm just picturing these respawns pulling half the dungeon trash you skipped lol.

I’m wagering that reaping works similarly to the way that the trash packs after Horridon in ToT work, where (when reaping activates) they will spawn a ghost that makes its way toward your group. I would wager they will agro mobs in between, which will punish groups that skip trash (which is very likely intentional to remove some of the advantages of warlocks and rogue skips). However, since these spawns will likely not count toward percentage, perhaps the new start to handle the affix will be simply to intentionally wipe with a soul stone or similar brez mechanic up on the healer and a subsequent full party rez to continue the instance. If this strat is feasible, it may only work for the final 20% spawn since doing it earlier might bring multiples of the waves of ghosts. Who knows.

Anyone who thinks that you have to clear every trash pack basically twice is going to be so wrong. Compare it to how insignificant infested is, does anyone really think it's going to be that broken?

From what they showed us at blizzcon, every mob will leave a spirit after they die, and at the thresholds those spirits will come back to fight once again. You're not going to have to kill 200% trash every dungeon, calm the fuck down you bunch of panicking sheep.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Until they reveal the nature of the re-animated trash mobs, we won't know for certain how hard or easy this affix will actually be.
    Only thing we do know for certain is that this will happen every 20% trash.
    Which means every dungeon except for SoB and UR (probably - i never got to last bosses of these dungeons without 100% so idk if its possible to get to them without completing trash) will have this happen 4 times only (unless its really easy to handle, then it will not matter to let it go off 5 times)

My prediction is that these mobs will be a spirit type (somewhat similar to those trash packs between Horridon and Council in ToT, like some suggest)

Also, we don't know if these mobs will be possible to just cheese with things like Shadow Meld, invis and so on...

This might also strengthen Sub Rogues in the sense of - kill 20% trash, pull boss immidiatly, rinse and repeat.

Too many unknowns with only 2 known facts. Too early to tell how this will affect keys.

But it does sound like an interesting affix.

Madness will consume you!!!

From the interview (https://www.wowhead.com/news=288404/...ss-island-expe) :
    For reaping, Bwonsamdi has arrived in the dungeon and every creature in the instance, once you kill it, will arise as a Lost Soul, a Risen Soul or a Tormented Soul. At different intervals on the Enemy Forces bar, say every 20%, all those creatures will attack you all at once. The idea is that it will change the way you approach and pull the instance.
    So from every creature from 0% to say 20%, a new type of soul will have risen and it'll charge at you. That's something that is going to the PTR soon and we'll be collecting feedback. The idea is that you hear Bwomsamdi say "Rise!" and then all the creatures that you have killed come after you.
    So yeah, we're getting a pack of spirits. I love the idea (phrackin' Bwomsamdi ), but I'm afraid this will even more stack the deck in favor of heavy burst aoe classes. Good for my Havoc DH, no so good for game balance.

these spawns will probably weaker varaints of the enemies fought before, either just in HP or completly rebalanced.

And yes, do last boss, than finish 100% trash will be the thing i guess

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    And yes, do last boss, than finish 100% trash will be the thing i guess

This isn't even possible, in any dungeon.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    lol!

this is possible in many dungeons.

In Freehold its a normal thing to do to kill the last boss before the third for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    Do not start panicking this early. We definetly do not know how exactly it works. It will not be tuned in a way that makes it impossible. Think ahead.

So just chill my dudes
    We are 3 months in BFA and Blizzard is still using Legion affixes designed for Legion 5man. Most are badly tailored for BFA being vastly over tuned (fortified/teeming/grevious) or vastly undertuned (Tyrannical/Volcano) or annoying as hell beyond reason (quaking/bursting). And the seasonal Ghuun affixe is bugged.
    So I kinda have doubt on their ability to tune a new affixe.

That's a common thing, although usually not done intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    From the interview (https://www.wowhead.com/news=288404/...ss-island-expe) :

So yeah, we're getting a pack of spirits. I love the idea (phrackin' Bwomsamdi ), but I'm afraid this will even more stack the deck in favor of heavy burst aoe classes. Good for my Havoc DH, no so good for game balance.

Nice, i didnt see this interview before...
    Seems like we might get some different types of mobs, would be cool to know how they operate tho..

You should do more M+ if you think this...

Atal'dazar - After you have killed the 3 first bosses, you will be able to trigger the waterfall event regardless of % of trash cleared.
    Freehold - You can kill any boss at any time you want (regardless of the % of trash) - Not sure about skipping the first boss tho, since no one tries that anyways.
    Tol Dagor - You can pull the last boss if you have killed the third boss, no matter the trash %.
    The MOTHERLOAD - You can pull the last boss if you have killed the third boss, no matter the trash %.
    Waycrest Manor - You can pull the last boss if you have killed the forth boss, no matter the trash %.
    Temple of Sethralis - You can pull the last boss if you have killed the third boss and finished the eye room successfully, no matter the trash %.
    Shrine of the Storm - You can pull the last boss if you have killed the third boss, no matter the trash %.
    The Underrot - Maybe you can get to last boss room if you kill the 2 faceless at the end of the gauntlet before last boss, but i never tested it since it seemed counter productive until now.
    Siege of Boralus - I'm pretty sure i got into the last boss at 98% trash, but that was a while ago, so i'm not sure.
    Kings Rest - Not sure because i have never had the opportunity to test trash shenanigans and the dungeon is SUPER linear making it a pain in the ass to skip trash.
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2018-11-13 at 12:37 PM.

Madness will consume you!!!

Inb4 broken M+ for the first day
    c

Should be obvious that a timer would never be met if you had to kill all your mobs twice. Think young grasshoppers. You don't have to be a leming

Obviously they're going to be some one-shottable spooky ghosts (with the new data mined model), not the actual trash that you killed. They'll probably fear you into next packs if you don't pay attention, or something like that.

I reckon they will make it so they die in 1 hit or youll never beat the timer due to deaths

If so hunterbarrage just bacame mandatory.

Is the affix gonna be tested on ptr soon