Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warcraft 3 not everything reforged

10+ Year Old Account
    hm. i understand why and it really is okay for me. but i can see the disappointment after they announced it via a remade intro. :/

not too lucky, but how would you reveal that thing better than with this cinematic?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kembei View Post
    So...no remaking the old cinematics in Warcraft 3 Reforged. They only remade the introduction cinematic. Be careful people that has pre-purchased the game...

Minute 4:27
    https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...sic-cinematics
    Quote Originally Posted by MookieRah View Post
    It's a cinematic... everything else is pretty much remade from scratch. It would have been nice to have new cinematics, but I didn't expect that to begin with. The most I'd expect from that end is if they have the source for the movies and can upres it to modern resolutions, but I doubt that will happen as well.
    Ehm, scratch? You give them too much credit mate, Uther for once Is straight from Heroes of the Storm, pretty sure that Arthas model Is as well, Jaina could be as well and lets not forget how many more things could be from Heroes very easily.

But yeah, It's sad but really I expected something like that from Blizzard, was too good to be true.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Well, that's disappointing.

Hopefully, this statement doesn't include the Arthas vs Illidan cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    cutscene , whatever.
    No, not whatever. The cutscenes will be updated, the cinematics will not. The cinematics are also still pretty good, if perhaps a touch dated. Arthas' return to Lordaeron is still great.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Well, that's disappointing.

Hopefully, this statement doesn't include the Arthas vs Illidan cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    No, not whatever. The cutscenes will be updated, the cinematics will not. The cinematics are also still pretty good, if perhaps a touch dated. Arthas' return to Lordaeron is still great.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    And?

The Cinematics still look great, it was the in game graphics that had dated to the point of near vomit.
    They don't look bad, but with the new models and details, the cinematics won't match anymore.

Also, we won't get the Illidan vs Arthas cinematic either. It is disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Welp I was thinking of getting it, good story cinematics might have kept me interested in the slowness of an RTS game but if they only made that culling intro then i'm interested no longer
    Cinematic: videos like Arthas killing his father, Archimonde destroying Dalaran

Cutscene: characters talking at the beginning or end of a mission, or some event that plays during a mission

They won't redo cinematics, they will still redo cutscenes. I would understand if people got mad at them not redoing cutscenes, but

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I was disappointed Starcraft didn't have remade cinematics but W3 doesn't need it at all.

I understand the disappointment, but if this is a sole reason not to purchase it, you're an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

WHAT!? That's a really weird choice.

I guess it is one born from pragmatism. Updating the cinematics would cost a lot of money but, dang, it is going to look really weird going from high fidelity sprites of the in-game models to the dated early 2000's looking cinematics.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    That's a shame. I admit, I was thinking they'd do all the cinematics since they did the first one, but the website only says 'cutscenes'.

EDIT: That said, most of their cinematics aren't bad. I think they still hold up pretty well.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-11-13 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the in-game cutscenes are remade.. The actual pre-rendered stuff is still perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Maybe they shouldn’t have wasted so much time making the Saurfang ones.
    This. I wonder how many of that will we have by the end of BfA.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I never imagined that would be part of the deal. As much as I love the old cinematics, I see no need of having them remade for War3 remastered to be worth it.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    well understandable. Some of those cinematics are timeless.

I don't think I would want classics like these remade...

They still hold up. I feel the emotion they had at the time will be sucked out if they were remade. If anytihng the only change they'll make to them would be to enhance it into 4k or something :P

But whatever they do I hope they DO remake this.

Considering it's an in game cinematic this has the chance of getting remade and I think this is where it's needed :P

In game cinematics are fine to remake, but I am happy that they leave the CGI cinematics alone
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-11-13 at 03:29 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with the original cinematics, so i don't see what the big deal is. They hold up really well despite their age. I am just glad the game is getting redone, one of my favorite RTS of all time.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

No Cinematics = No Money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    But whatever they do I hope they DO remake this.

This is literally the only thing they need to remake in terms of cinematics. Everything else has aged pretty well, all things considered. But this one absolutely needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Considering it's an in game cinematic this has the chance of getting remade and I think this is where it's needed :P

In game cinematics are fine to remake, but I am happy that they leave the CGI cinematics alone
    If in-game cinematics are all unit-movements and animations, I'd think we'd get that for free, and that they don't have to "record" anything with the new models and textures. Maybe they have to make some tweaks, though.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    This is literally the only thing they need to remake in terms of cinematics. Everything else has aged pretty well, all things considered. But this one absolutely needs it.
    Yup. Its pretty much my worst Blizzard cutscene/in game cinematic... So I will be happy if they remade it. But the cinematics are fine.

P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Ehm, scratch? You give them too much credit mate, Uther for once Is straight from Heroes of the Storm, pretty sure that Arthas model Is as well, Jaina could be as well and lets not forget how many more things could be from Heroes very easily.

But yeah, It's sad but really I expected something like that from Blizzard, was too good to be true.
    Semantics. It’s not like HotS had models for every W3 unit. I’m not surprised that they are reusing the heroes from that if the plan is to keep it in that style and fidelity. It is still a solid looking remake, and while significant, the amount of work saved from reusing those assets is still somewhat minimal.

Going back to the main topic, you have to consider the cost of a new cinematic and then apply that to the amount of cinematics in this title. The budget for that would be triple, if not more, than BfA’s cinematic budget. It is a budget title, and I don’t think people are willing to pay for the addition of remaking the cinematics if given the choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its shame but I don't really care about the cinematics but for the in-game graphics and those are looking awesome.