Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would actually care if leveling the necklace got me useful things, like actual artifact traits, rather than the tiniest increase in item level.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - pretty much the same as in Legion, sit back and let the maths do the work for you.
    Its basically like legion but better as you dont need to get ap for every single spec. Having to only basically do that trip once per character means catching up on alts is not difficult at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the catch-up system is pretty nice. I have all my characters at lvl 29 atm and since there is no benefit for levels 30 and 31 (since all 3 have 3x 385 azerite pieces) I'm just chilling. At 31 I'll get my head piece to 390 on all my alts, then chest and finally shoulders, that should take 2-3 more weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Mijati View Post
    rofl are u seriously so stupid ? there is NO catch up .....after all yet !!

the reducing of needed AP each week is not a catch up ....ofc your alt is faster, cuz the needed AP already gone down a lot.
    holy crtapp realy. cant stand such stupid dumb posting anymore here on mmo champion ....
    why ppl cant use there brain after all ?
    when your alt needs 50% less AP its normal that he is faster ....but this is not a catch up, espacaly not, since if u start a main now u have the same bonus after all.
    just a verry big facepalm for your posing
    This post is a harsh reminder of what happens when you abuse alcohol and drugs while pregnant.

That literally is the definition of a catch up you absolute twit

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    tldr: Works the same as Legion, BFA isn't different
    Most important difference from Legion (at least the first tier of Legion) is that back then you had to start the process of buffing AP gains with each alt, and it would start working from that point onward. If you dinged 110 five weeks into the expansion, you would lose all the 30%s from previous weeks, being substantially behind the mains.

Now it doesn't matter when you reach max level, so it is much more alt friendly now than it was at Legion launch.

Too bad they shit the bed with azerite armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Too bad they shit the bed with azerite armor.
    Yeah. Like I said above, this doesn't affect me in the least. Like, ooh ahh, a few item level at best and the ability to get more traits after I farm loads of gear. Yay? I'd much prefer it if the traits were on the necklace, or something like the artifact weapon where I get to choose talents for each level it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Yeah. Like I said above, this doesn't affect me in the least. Like, ooh ahh, a few item level at best and the ability to get more traits after I farm loads of gear. Yay? I'd much prefer it if the traits were on the necklace, or something like the artifact weapon where I get to choose talents for each level it gets.
    Or my idea to add azerite relic sockets to each ring and make trait relics that are craftable by professions to keep them relevant the whole expansion. But they are too dumb to do my superior idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Or my idea to add azerite relic sockets to each ring and make trait relics that are craftable by professions to keep them relevant the whole expansion. But they are too dumb to do my superior idea.
    That's a cool idea too. Or, a combination of the ideas, you can get items craftable by professions that lets you empower gear with artifact traits depending on the level of your necklace!

15+ Year Old Account
    Neck levels are alt friendly. Repus are still not.

Nice transmogs my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - pretty much the same as in Legion, sit back and let the maths do the work for you.
    No casual left behind! Sorry man... catch up mechanisms are strangling the game. If a person invests 40 hours in a game... no one putting in 10 hours should be able to even come close to catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It is super stupid progression. IDC about alts those should never be thing in first place. In mmo you are supostu be invested in 1 character at time. Not own 12 alts and have them at same progression. This only caused players to realize how their time invested being pernamentli diminished be catch up. If i would see my 1 month of work being worthless becouse i can now get exact same rewarda playing only 1 day i would insta quit doing anything in the game. And as it looks like thats exactly what many players did. It is pointless to invest time into wow = it is pointless to play wow.
    I'd like to be invested in my main... if only it actually meant my devotion was meaningful and I'm not ending up being benched for someone's alt with 15 ilvls less, less neck levels and whatnot because apparently that's the OP class that throws my devotion (to a class I play since wotlk with small breaks) out of the window. I spent half the Uldir sitting on the bench because "sorry don't need your class". Fix that first, then worry whether people gear 12 alts. Some do it because they find it fun, others because their main is shafted and they have no choice.

If I grinded more neck levels would it give me the raid spot...? Nope. And nope to several other people in my guild who decided to either reroll fotm or suck it up and sit on the bench.

Remove ability to reroll / catch up and it becomes even worse for the people who drew short end of the stick on Blizzard's class balance lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    It's so real it's unreal. It's almost as if it doesn't matter much at all if your favourite wow-activity of choice rewards much AP or not. In two weeks time you'll be were the try-hards were.

I don't really mind it though, having to farm AP sucked. With this system the only sucker is the one trying to do so.
    It's effectively the same system as Legion. But I agree that I don't care about AP at all due to the catch-up incrementing every week making my efforts less valuable today than tomorrow. I didn't in Legion either.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. You get AP from everything you do, so everything has some value in improving your character, and you just basically don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh thats why I just don't even bother playing outside of raid anymore. Who cares? I can just not play for a month and then do a couple world quests and I'll be caught up lol. Azerite 26 and 5/8M.
    Hasn't that been how WoW has always been? Do it first when it's hard for the advantage now/sooner, or wait until later when it's easier? Mage Tower comes to mind.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not like it really matters once you get the defensive traits on each piece of azerite armor. The extra 5 ilvl on each piece once you reach around 30-32 iirc doesn't really make much difference overall. But yes, the catch ups are certainly good.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hasn't that been how WoW has always been? Do it first when it's hard for the advantage now/sooner, or wait until later when it's easier? Mage Tower comes to mind.
    Except the "advantage" with AP is almost nonexistent

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Just realized my alt is 28 necklace, while my main is only 30.
    I do the same things on both: 4 WQs/day for emissary, 4 Islands/week for bonus, weekly guild raid, and a bit of M+.
    My main has 7x the time played, but is only 2 levels ahead on neck.

I'd say Blizz did pretty good at making BfA alt-friendly.
    You mean Blizzard fucked up in providing reasons for main characters to do relevant content, because it does not matter at all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Except the "advantage" with AP is almost nonexistent
    2 ilvls per neck level and being able to use higher ilvl azerite gear traits sooner is "nearly nonexistent"?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of has to be this way. The necklace levels aren't very compelling, as they unlock super basic passives that will later have to be re-farmed. If people aren't putting in the effort to grind the levels, then Blizz has to force the AP upon us to keep the system from breaking.