Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Do you even...?
    Frost mages are very strong in classic open world pvp.
    He is 100% baiting.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you only one thing: Frostbite. You're fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Nobody would remember as nobody played frost
    Have fun playing Fire in Molten core and Bwl ;-)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    so mage dosen t have water elemental in wow clasic?
    i bet it wil suck in world pvp in wow clasic with no pet and 1 blink once the ataker gets to me im done
    Yes but other classes didnt have the abilities to close the gap on blink they do now. No Heroic leap, Charge was only ooc, No shadow step, aspect of the cheetah caused the hunter to get dazed if they were hit etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    Didnt come out till TBC and even then it was on a CD so wasnt up 24/7 as it is now.

PVP Frost mage it would be Frostbolt at range or you would be doing Frost nove, Cone of Cold, Arcane explosion..... i always preferred playing POM Pyro spec
    ToEP POM Pyro <3

2-shotting people was the norm at max level, especially with damage boosting trinkets.

frost nova + CS. then set up a shatter combo with frostbolt & cone of cold = destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    2-shotting people was the norm at max level, especially with damage boosting trinkets.

frost nova + CS. then set up a shatter combo with frostbolt & cone of cold = destroyed
    Hearing Cone of Cold get mentioned in an argument about damage really takes me back..
    It's one of my favourite spells but it's been so fucking awful in every expansion since WotLK and I am surprised that it's still around today, since it does no damage anymore.

mages were literally the best world pvp class(even arguably better than rogues)

lol.

nobody really had gap closers except for warriors and druids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Hearing Cone of Cold get mentioned in an argument about damage really takes me back..
    It's one of my favourite spells but it's been so fucking awful in every expansion since WotLK and I am surprised that it's still around today, since it does no damage anymore.
    same could be said about frostbolt

but to be fair you can do pretty nice dmg with cone of cold now, cos there's a pvp talent that buffs its dmg after a nova

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    i bet it wil suck in world pvp in wow clasic with no pet and 1 blink once the ataker gets to me im done
    Nope. Sheep was very effective back then, and melee didn't have nearly as many closers as they have today.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Don't go into Bfa expecting much of a class balance.
    Fixed it for you.

Oh and no , no water elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yep, people will have to get back into the mindset of distributing points in trees instead of the extreme partitioning they've had the past few xpacs.
    What do you mean get used to it? It was just a couple cookie cutter builds you can google (since they've been around for 14 years already), then just forget the talent tree exists. You don't need to get used to something that only happens once and requires no thought.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I now believe 45 is a wow subscriber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    Don't go into classic expecting much of a class balance.
    So just like retail?

The whole idea of playing a frost mage is to kite your opponent while killing them. If you let them get into melee range you've failed at playing frost mage.

Casters have always been glass cannons, ofcourse they can't facetank a melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Yet another person who didn't play back then but acts like they did.
    I joined in BC, but obviously I forgot about the frost boss in AQ40 and resistance in other raids, but in BC frost was exclusively for PVP if my memory serves me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Is this a joke?

No, it wasn't in Vanilla, it came in TBC, and only as a cooldown I think. The 31 point talent was Frost Shield, Frost AoE grinding was massively popular, and 31 Arcane/20 Frost was a really solid spec for MC/BWL, you only went fire in AQ40+ gear, it couldn't beat frost until then.
    It could not beat frost due to everything being immune to Fire.....

LOLOLOLOL Frost mages were op as all hell in vanilla, probably 2nd in pvp dominance to rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It could not beat frost due to everything being immune to Fire.....
    Uhhh, AQ40/20/ZG/Naxx? Only Mc/Bwl/Ony have that issue, and the gear you have at that point isn't good enough for fire anyways, not enough crit.

Once you get enough crit and are mainly progressing in AQ and beyond fire is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    LOLOLOLOL Frost mages were op as all hell in vanilla, probably 2nd in pvp dominance to rogues
    Missing Demo warlock. a frost mage could lose to a felhunter if a fight

Frost mage is insanely OP in vanilla try it on pirate servers and see
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I want to say Water Elemental was a CD? I kinda remember it being one when I started in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Nobody would remember as nobody played frost
    What the hell, am I that old? Vanilla information is readily available if you don't remember or didn't play, but I remember all of it clearly. Frost was good, no elemental. Almost everyone was Frost.