Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Sure, if the cops had absolutely no additional information. The only problem is, they had an entire crowd of people telling them the guy pinning the other guy down was the security guard and a hero.
    You are such an obvious neckbeard that I'm sure you can't even begin to fathom the situation because you:

1) Have never been to a night club
    2) Would avert your eyes from looking at a black person
    3) Would avert your eyes from looking at a gun

Please only speak on subjects to which you can relate, like having no chin and a high BMI

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    No, not noticing something as huge as police brutality is ignorance.
    This isn't an example of police brutality, but please feel free to contribute nothing to the conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What are you basing this delusion on?

Crystal meth?

- - - Updated - - -

Could you explain the accidental part in this sorry story of incompetence?
    The part where he shot a security guard instead of a shooter.

Incompetence is still an accident. Unless the cop was intentionally trying to shoot an innocent person then it was an accident. Doesn’t mean the cop wasn’t incompetent and should be let off the hook though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Tragic accident, no doubt the police officer should be charged with a crime and this is all too common in the US. However...

Another thread basically devolving to Murica bashing by our allies across the pond. Any other country and half of the people in this thread would be nursing infractions. Just another reason to avoid altogether the circle-jerk these forums have become.
    How is it nation bashing to criticise a cop for being incompetent?

Perhaps, and call me mental, but if you want less criticism of incompetent cops, maybe train them some?

I'm English. I LIKE people criticising England, it highlights areas for improvement.

You sound like a maga loon.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-11-14 at 01:37 PM.

Here goes the proof that having a gun makes you safer.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thots and payurs.....

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    He got himself shot dead.
    Armed security stops potential mass shooting by dumb cop isn’t his fault.

So Chicago has a real hight murder rate, like 450 murders a year and the majority of those are handgun murders.

So our victim works in a Chicago bar as a bouncer. Sounds dangerous doesn't it?

There's a shooting at the bar, probably not all that uncommon. Our victim who's a bouncer, in some heavily macho shit, subdues the shooter.

Police show up, tell our bouncer to drop his gun, they don't know he's the bouncer, for all the police know he might be a second shooter. For some insane reason our bouncer doesn't obey the police. He gets shot.

It's tragic, but as violent as the neighborhood is the police aren't wrong.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So Chicago has a real hight murder rate, like 450 murders a year and the majority of those are handgun murders.

So our victim works in a Chicago bar as a bouncer. Sounds dangerous doesn't it?

There's a shooting at the bar, probably not all that uncommon. Our victim who's a bouncer, in some heavily macho shit, subdues the shooter.

Police show up, tell our bouncer to drop his gun, they don't know he's the bouncer, for all the police know he might be a second shooter. For some insane reason our bouncer doesn't obey the police. He gets shot.

It's tragic, but as violent as the neighborhood is the police aren't wrong.
    Heavy macho shit? Why the negativity? His job is literally to subdue them. The police aren’t wrong they literally killed an innocent security guard doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I have no idea how America gets away with not training there police to higher standers when they want to have guns available to almost every one.
    More training is always good,

but besides the fact the article is incredibly short and lacking severely in details. Imagine the situation;

1) confirmed shots fired
    2) Several people already injured.
    3) you burst in and see a guy holding a gun.

Apparently the guy didn't drop the gun either when ordered to by the police someone here mentioned?

I'd say this is more a tragic accident more than incompetence
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    It's not an unreasonable assumption that he might be the gunman but you shouldn't really be using assumptions to inform a shoot first ask question later mentality, especially in a country with so many guns in the hands of the civilian population.

As for assumptions i'm going to assume that guy would have had a better chance of the cops not making assumptions about him if he was white.
    I'd wager they would make the same assumption, whether they would have shot him as quickly (if at all) is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I have no idea how America gets away with not training there police to higher standers when they want to have guns available to almost every one.
    Over the course of the last 20 years police standards have been lowered because minorities have struggled to pass the various tests and requirements. So thank the American politicians and professional race baiters for the state of our law enforcement.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Heavy macho shit? Why the negativity? His job is literally to subdue them. The police aren’t wrong they literally killed an innocent security guard doing his job.
    it's the security guard's job to kill people? Was the criminal shooting at the security guard at that specific moment? Because a cop isn't allowed to shoot at criminals unless the cop has already been shot. So I feel like that should apply to the security guard as well.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Over the course of the last 20 years police standards have been lowered because minorities have struggled to pass the various tests and requirements. So thank the American politicians and professional race baiters for the state of our law enforcement.
    Any proof of that?

Do you have a source for that other than your arse?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    it's the security guard's job to kill people? Was the criminal shooting at the security guard at that specific moment? Because a cop isn't allowed to shoot at criminals unless the cop has already been shot. So I feel like that should apply to the security guard as well.
    Spreading conspiracy theories is against forum rules.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Thots and payurs.....
    Thots and players, my friend. Thots and players.

You suggested this was an attempted mass shooting, the burden of proof lies with you.
    Anyway since you now know the circumstances of the potential mass shooting what have you to say?

Deleted
    I call bullshit.

Link to something that doesn't make you appear to be another moronic right wing racist.

My understanding goes as far as the info provided by the op, and based on that my first post in this thread stands.
    That's literally just stupid, because now you have more information. Your attitude is to ignore information and remain ignorant why?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He had on a security shirt so her certainly wasn't in street clothes.
    Not that I don't believe you but could you link the part of the story or article that says that? I have read several articles on this shooting from the AP, Yahoo, Huffpo, and none of them state that.

Sorry again but the CNN article says he was wearing a security vest. https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/us/ch...ing/index.html Then a USA Today article quotes, "The officer from neighboring Midlothian who killed Roberson saw a man decked out in “plain black clothing with no markings readily identifying him as a security guard, armed with a gun,” state police Public Integrity Task Force said in the preliminary findings."

The same USA Today article further states, "“According to witness statements, the Midlothian Officer gave the armed subject multiple verbal commands to drop the gun and get on the ground before ultimately discharging his weapon and striking the subject,” state police said in a statement late Tuesday." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...is/1998737002/

So I stick with my not rushing to judgment until all facts are known.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2018-11-14 at 05:47 PM. Reason: disregard again sorry there seems to be comflicting versions of this.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I advocate for better gun control constantly. Until that happens(which seems unlikely any time soon) there is no excuse for the police to shoot someone who isn't a threat. Welcome to the real world.
    Are you satisfied? Cause i said it was a mistake to shoot the guy but you sure like to go on ridiculous tirades. Though, i understand why policeman are jumpy in the US. Doesn't make shooting people right though. The more guns though, the higher chance things will go wrong.