Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Every class can easily do +17 keys. So instead of complaining about your class, "git gud" until you ACUTALLY hit a wall in terms of class design.
    You should probobly remove "easily" and youd be correct :P

Video games are pointless...?

Only way to win at WoW is to have fun.
    Play the game however is fun for you.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's not pointless, just repetitive and, thus, boring.
    Affixes and group composition often change your tactics by a lot, making m+ actually less repetitive than raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Hey..

I've been trying to find interesting and challenging stuff to do outside weekly raiding now that we have Uldir on farm...and I'm struggling.

Mythic+ caps at heroic uldir level gear without upgrading, and there is really no reason to go above mythic 10 once per week (you just get more loot that you probably can't use).

As it is right now, I run one mythic 10 a week for a dissapointing weekly cache reward every Tuesday, and then I never have any reason to go into Mythic+ again. Why aren't the rewards for pushing higher mythic+ good?
    Well, yes? It's been pointless since Legion, i don't see what people find so Interesting about Mythic+, It's basically Challenge Mode from Warlords but with gear instead of cosmetic Items. If It was Challenge mode and you got cosmetics again I'd be down for that, but Increasingly larger numbers facing off against my increasingly larger numbers Is just boring as heck, that's not end game.

Raiding is end game, tough challenging GIANT numbers to face off against your small puny numbers that have to come together to collectively make a relatively good number to eventually down the giant number(s) with tactics and thinking.

And the rewards aren't Mythic raiding level good, because that'd replace raiding most likely, at least in Blizzard's heads. Because It'd take people from Raiding who really just want the gear to do Mythic + and leave only diehard raiding fans to be raiding which would be a small number. Besides, why do you need a constant stream of gear for your ONE character? You have alts to level up and gear, surely. And If playing their class, using their rotation, abilities and spells Isn't fun well then tell Blizzard to change the classes cause they've been shite since Warlords. Im trying to tell them but two voices is better than one.

Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    It's not pointless, it's called fun.
    If by fun you mean the same old mobs, same old dungeons but with higher numbers to match your higher numbers. And you're timed for your performence.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    how is this any differernt to 15+ in legion my man? Did blizzards slot machine game ruined your brain that much?

The endgame loop of wow for years have been play the slot machine at the top end (if you care about loot) then your gear gets invalidated 100 % in the next patch anyways.
    Dungeons are way more harder then in Legion and if i recall people didnt push +20 keys when only raid was EN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey..

I've been trying to find interesting and challenging stuff to do outside weekly raiding now that we have Uldir on farm...and I'm struggling.

Mythic+ caps at heroic uldir level gear without upgrading, and there is really no reason to go above mythic 10 once per week (you just get more loot that you probably can't use).

As it is right now, I run one mythic 10 a week for a dissapointing weekly cache reward every Tuesday, and then I never have any reason to go into Mythic+ again. Why aren't the rewards for pushing higher mythic+ good?
    There is a Feat of Strength for doing all dungeons on lvl 15 or higher within the time limit. You will have to wait until the season is over to get this awarded to you.
    Pushing over 15 a this time is only for a better IO score, for fun and for extra items (cause every level over 10 gives you a 40% chance of getting an extra item, so a 20 on time will drop 7 items!).

I don't think asking for a reward for doing the most challenging in game content is being a loot whore - sorry.

They gave cosmetic gear sets in the past for high level mythic+ runs - I don't see why they can't have a similar system now.
    1. The cosmetic gear came from challenge mode dungeons, not mythic+, which had a fixed difficulty and a fixed ilvl.
    2. Mythic+ is not the most challenging content in the game, raiding is, and it correctly gives the highest base ilvl gear in the game.
    3. There has to be some sort of gear/ilvl cap or else it would just turn into Diablo 3 Greater Rifts. Content that scales infinitely should not have the ability to drop gear that scales infnitely, that would be the dumbest shit ever and would make raiding obselete.
    4. Something that has the ability scale infinitely does not mean it's "challenging" it just means you'll eventually hit a wall and will have to come back later once better gear can be acquired.

Pushing Mythic + is about as fun as pushing greater rifts in D3 since they are more or less the same thing now. It wasn't fun in D3 and it isn't fun in WoW. At least I know I would get XP for paragon levels in D3, where I might run a 10-15 M+ and be rewarded with jack shit. It's not worth the time, and god forbid you play a class that isn't the current meta.

Overall, M+ in BFA is in a pretty sad state with a lot of the other things in the game.

Because content that is as easy as M+'s are shouldn't reward stuff that is better than what you can get in actual challenging content like Mythic raids.

And before you try and say they're not hard content, only 1.07% of all guilds have finished Mythic raid, while there are several groups that have already beaten +21 M+ keys and over 500K groups who have finished a 11+ key.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Just like arena rating. It's pointless if you look at the items you get, but it's fun.
    Except not, it's not pointless? There are increasing rewards and drops as well as super elite gladiator mounts and titles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Because content that is as easy as M+'s are shouldn't reward stuff that is better than what you can get in actual challenging content like Mythic raids.

And before you try and say they're not hard content, only 1.07% of all guilds have finished Mythic raid, while there are several groups that have already beaten +21 M+ keys and over 500K groups who have finished a 11+ key.

good joke mate, good joke.

hard to organize =! hard content

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Only way to win at WoW is to have fun.
    Play the game however is fun for you.
    What if my fun is in competitiveness, but you can't be rewarded properly in competitive pve.

Pushing a key above the limit of just brute forcing requires u to understand the dungeon mechanics and your class.
    Pushing m+ makes you a better player at your class/spec.

Deleted

Man... All you guys just chill. All I think of while reading such posts here in this forum that many are not able to differ between fact and opinion. Just because you made something up in your mind (your free to do it tough) must not be the exactly objective thing you imagine.

There are 2 possibilities

Raid and myth+. They are different and not as comparable as you might want to state here

Do what you want and if it is not fun do not but my gosh, spare us with such nonsense

You are wrong about a few things.Dungeons have always been more popular than raiding.This Correlates to M+ also.On top of that M+ is not on weekly lock out like raids are and is spammable.Combine loot plus spammable dungeons and you will receive one really popular piece of content.If you compare M+ to CM and you will a huge difference in the activity.
    In my opinion the highest key levels are equal to Mythic raiding.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Gotta love the guy saying that any class can do a +17. Sure, that's technically accurate, but so is the following:

- Some classes/specs are shunned from keys close to 10, let alone higher. So good luck pugging!
    - Putting together your own group with friends to push up to +17 is certainly possible, but with some comps you're dramatically increasing the difficulty. For example, are bears capable of completing a +17? Absolutely, but with an added burden on the rest of the group to make up for their deficiencies relative to other tanks (DKs in particular come to mind).

Put more simply, any class can do a +17, but not without making the group suffer relative to the more popular options. Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    hard to organize =! hard content
    It's literally the same content with roughly the same mechanics as the previous difficulties, same people week to week, and no change like affixes changing every week, but sure, you keep thinking it's just easy content that is just hard because it's getting 20 people together.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdonna View Post
    All I think of while reading such posts here in this forum that many are not able to differ between fact and opinion. Just because you made something up in your mind must not be the exactly objective thing you imagine.
    Not sure which part you think I'm making up, but I'll clarify what exactly is fact here.
    - It's harder to get 20 people together and do all the mechanics to achieve mythic raids. (About the biggest opinion, but one even Blizzard has commented in the past)
    - M+ has many RNG mechanics not found in raids which change weekly with the affixes.
    - Those numbers (1.07% for Mythic raid and over 500K groups finishing 11+ M+'s) are easily seen by going to some of the more popular tracking websites. You can try and argue them as opinion, but they're really not.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    You are wrong about a few things.Dungeons have always been more popular than raiding.This Correlates to M+ also.On top of that M+ is not on weekly lock out like raids are and is spammable.Combine loot plus spammable dungeons and you will receive one really popular piece of content.If you compare M+ to CM and you will a huge difference in the activity.
    In my opinion the highest key levels are equal to Mythic raiding.
    Popularity =/= Difficulty. As you've said, M+ are spammable, so you can literally do them over and over again every week as much as you want, the only thing holding you back if your keys and how much time you feel like throwing your body against a wall until you beat it. Likewise, sure, maybe M+15 or higher are on par with Mythic raiding, but again, that just reinforces my point that M+10 and higher shouldn't offer higher ilvl gear than Mythic raiding.

Speaking from personal experience, my guild is only 7/8 H, yet almost everyone clears a M+10 each week for the chest. Now sure, that's just my experience with 40+ people, but I'd venture to say, it isn't a unique experience.

Deleted
    Only problem with m+ is that you are killing trash 90% of the time and that stuff is boring.Why not make dungeons with 10 challenging bosses and little to no trash instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What if my fun is in competitiveness, but you can't be rewarded properly in competitive pve.
    What do you feel would be proper rewards then? Given that they also have to balance M+ with M raiding, tier-by-tier?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    Only problem with m+ is that you are killing trash 90% of the time and that stuff is boring.Why not make dungeons with 10 challenging bosses and little to no trash instead?
    As tank, I disagree that trash is boring. The trash pulls - which to skip, which to combine, and how to pull them - is where most of the strategy of M+ lies.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Except not, it's not pointless? There are increasing rewards and drops as well as super elite gladiator mounts and titles.
    So a title and a mount would be enough to make all of it have a point? We have so many mounts and titles that nobody cares about them anymore.