Question What happens with M+ ilvl in 8.1?

So, maybe no one really knows, maybe it has been said, but what will happen with the item level that drops in Mythic+ once 8.1 is released?
    Currently the mythic loot cap out at 370 from a Mythic 10, and the weekly chest at 380 (without forged).
    Once 8.1 hits and we get another raid with higher item level drops will the rewards from Mythic+ be increased as well or will there be a huge gap between these two sources of gear?

I assume it will increase just like in legion

If they continue the trend from Legion, the gear will start scaling up to +15, always capped so that it doesn't go beyond what is currently available from raiding. Then in 8.2 it will go back down to +10, but the difficulty per level will ramp up much faster. Repeat until next expansion.

I have no bluepost or anything but since m+ hasnt really changed from legion, I assume they will scale up the rewards and the difficulty to match the new raid tier.

I assume by making +15 the new cap for gear.

Then in 8.2, when the new dungeon is released, they can rebalance all the dungeons difficulties and rewards again like they did when Kara released.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are they'll do what they did in Legion.
    When the new raid releases on mythic the chest and dungeon rewards will scale up to 15, meaning you'll want to do 15 the week before mythic opens

Alright, seems reasonable.
    So basically +15 will be the new +10 and it will scale and remain relative to what we got today.

Thank you!

It won't move to +15, baseline mythic dungeons drop 370 and +10s give 400 ilvl on ptr which is heroic ilvl like it is now, in addition to that you get 410-415 gear from the weekly chest by doing a +10. Azerite pieces purchased from the vendor are 415 and come with the "mythic 10" tag as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It won't move to +15, baseline mythic dungeons drop 370 and +10s give 400 ilvl on ptr which is heroic ilvl like it is now, in addition to that you get 410-415 gear from the weekly chest by doing a +10. Azerite pieces purchased from the vendor are 415 and come with the "mythic 10" tag as well.
    So they're already doing scaling down in 8.1? Seems a bit aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Ok, thanks! Pretty much exactly what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    So they're already doing scaling down in 8.1? Seems a bit aggressive
    Might have something to do with how the Affixes now work. They probably want to reserve the seasonal for the highest rewards only.