Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I wouldn't mind going back to a world without smartphones.. and without socials for that matter..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's important that Diablo Immortal is an excellent experience when released.
    Yeah it is, but unfortunately that has already been made impossible when they decided to develop it for mobile. I'm sure the Chinese market will love it but I'll not play a single second of it.
    At home, every other ARPG on PC is better by default since I have physical controls (and cheaper due to the very probably MTX shitstorm headed our way) and on mobile any game that doesn't have real-time gameplay is better by default.

Sad to see that even after all the outrage Blizzard fails to understand why their fans are angry. If they wanted to extend an olive branch they can start by announcing a PC port. Or better yet, cancel the whole thing and start over without the involvement of NetEase. This is not a game for the gamers, it's a game for the investors.

In the end, it doesn't matter what they do, since the IP is now officially dead for me. I simply don't trust them to do right by their fans any more. First they dumbed down the entire Diablo Formula in D3, then the RMAH (likely to make a return in Immortal) and drama during D3 development ("Fuck that loser" anyone?) and now this fiasco.

What they should've done is to first announce the opening of a new Blizzard branch: Blizzard Mobile. Then have THAT studio come out with D:I as their first game, and then they could've peddled all the mobile shit games they wanted without alienating their fans.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2018-11-10 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Muted: showing little enthusiasm

"The idea received a muted response."
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-11-10 at 05:25 PM.

The big investors are losing hope in Acti-blizzard. CoD selling less than expected, destiny doing badly, diablo immortals fiasco and a lot of other stuff will add up.

but the fact is a lot of the bigger companies is looking to shift more and more to mobile as well as the Asian market.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2018-11-10 at 04:36 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    BFA digital upgrade now down to 14 pounds from 52 pounds
    Dunno wtf is what you saw, there isn't such shit in ma bnet Launcher. Pic or didn't happen.
    /spit@Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    "Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

Yeah, right. Let's see if play store reviews agree with that. Unless they manipulate those as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

Yeah, right. Let's see if play store reviews agree with that. Unless they manipulate those as well.
    Game journalism, media = dogs of the companies. They don't bite the ones who are feeding them.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post

And BfA, HS and HotS not doing well.

CoD actually did surprisingly well for the predicted failure.

you should check your data dude, HS is making blizzard more money that most of thier other IP, WoW coming first. HotS still doing ok for the competition they have.

And even Activition come out and said that CoD lunch was a failure on thier eye. And Destiny is selling bad and they announce that too.

yeah is cool you dont like blizzard but making date is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Literally one comes to mind and that is Fortnite. I'm pretty sure the Ghost Recon Game, the Call of Duty: Heroes game (had to google this as I knew there was one but nothing more than that, they're shutting it down), Dungeon Keeper Mobile and Lineage Mobile games are considered "top mobile games". Ah wait, the listings show that they're all cheap match 3-games, puzzle games and crash of clans/the flavor of the month copy cat.
    Well, tbf. I actually enjoyed lineage for the short time i player it. I played as f2p which was a challenge on itself and actually motivated me to keep up with the whales off my guild. Biggest gripe with these soort of games is that they mostly have a 'autoplay' functioneel which Just kills the game.... Even some pc games have it nowadays
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Dunno wtf is what you saw, there isn't such shit in ma bnet Launcher. Pic or didn't happen.
    it was 100% there.
    but yes its gone. Will be very interesting to see what unfolds next week
    it happened after the launcher updated. And yes if it happens again will take a screen shot

How will be obtainable new crafting 400 ilvl receipes for gloves/legs in 8.1? If discoverable like Imbued/Emblazoned - so we will need to craft same 385 again to get patterns, wasting huge resources?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    it was 100% there.
    but yes its gone. Will be very interesting to see what unfolds next week
    it happened after the launcher updated. And yes if it happens again will take a screen shot
    £13......https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...le-for-azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

Or that disgruntled PC Diablo fans gang up on it as a big FU to Blizzard for not making a "proper" Diablo. That could really swing both ways, both would be unethical. I don't care for mobile games, and probably won't play it, but I'm sure it will be one of the best out there.
    Mother pus bucket!

Guilds
    A lot can be done for the improvement both on the recruitment side and from a player looking to find a guild. That is something they're working on and will have some improvements to roll out later on in Battle for Azeroth.
    They want to make sure guild identity matters, but past iterations of buffs and level systems caused newer guilds to struggle to keep up, which limits the diversity of options.
    So my Guild and all 25 level Guilds who worked hard to achieve that goal now they get punished, by losing the perks they got when our dear Blizzard make that system (be 25 or no perks), for what? to avoid new guilds QQ for the perks they can't have? for ppl who will choose to join an old 25 guild? let them..why you have different difficulties in raids and Mythic Guilds it's clearly different from normal and Hc Guilds..why you don't eliminate all and have a flat raid and Guilds for everyone? because some they don't work the same way as others.. so the same is with those guilds they have run and worked hard to be 25.

This earning call is the biggest, dirtiest, most giant middle finger to player passion. Now I understand why Morhaime left.
    What I read is : "we're draining money. They don't like it but we're still draining money."
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2018-11-12 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    Which is a great business model, Blizzard is a business not a charity
    So is cocaine. Doesnt mean it's right!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuboat View Post
    You must use to even make that comparison. Blizzard uses a successful and time-tested legal strategy. There is zero point in you replying because you seemed foolish to begin with and now you're just a waste of time. Losers will always justify loser behavior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuboat View Post
    actually this is a good example of analogy-thinking and absurd absolute in a single sentence!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    You must use to even make that comparison. Blizzard uses a successful and time-tested legal strategy. There is zero point in you replying because you seemed foolish to begin with and now you're just a waste of time. Losers will always justify loser behavior
    The Wright Brothers's airplane was legal too. Doesn't mean it was fast!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.